1. 1TONY MENDOZA
1012 Montecito Drive, Montebello, Ca. 91776
OBJECTIVE Seeking a position as a transportation manager/supervisor which will utilize my extensive
organizational abilities, strong people skills, business experience, and creative approach to
problem-solving, strategy development and fulfillment of business goals.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A result-oriented, accomplished operations manager proven to improve business processes, output, and
profitability. Managed the highest revenue-producing terminal, three years consecutively, for a leading
freight company operating 150 hubs nationwide.
Effective leader and team builder credited with developing personnel for advancement and boosting
retention. Coached management skills, resulting in multilateral staff goal attainment.
Organized, diligent and multi-tasked professional demonstrating outstanding customer service skills on
both internal and external levels, setting operating records for safety, productivity and on time deliveries.
Computer proficient in Windows XP, AS400, Descartes Routing, and use of Internet research and
communication tools. Bilingual English/Spanish.
1999-2006 OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINES; Montebello, California
Operations Manager, (2002-2006)
• Directed day-to-day activities of a 75-door warehouse, with chief responsibility for loading and routing of
inbound freight, on-time delivery, customer service, and claims handling.
• Directly managed 40 dock associates, overseen team of 50 local drivers, 25 administrative personnel.
• Coordinated fleet operations for 150 trucks.
• Administered staffing, hr matters; interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, goal setting, performance reviews.
• Led terminal to No. 1 in company for profitability, generating $1 million in net increases annually three years in
• Set operating records for first and third quarters of 2005 at 87% and 86%, respectively.
• Achieved record high for inbound production at three bills per hour.
• Only terminal in the system with 100% accident-free inbound operations for an entire year.
• Helped design and implement Descartes routing system, prior to company-wide roll-out.
Outbound Supervisor, (2001-2002)
• Supervised 35 associates in all areas of off loading and loading of outbound freight.
• Managed customer service and prepared quarterly outbound service report.
• Maintained 98% on-time delivery.
• Achieved 99.5% claim-free freight handling.
Linehaul Supervisor, (2000-2001)
• Coordinated all activities of 10 shuttle drivers and 45 two-man linehaul teams.
• Ensured compliance with customer deadlines and DOT regulations.
Dock Worker, (1999-2000)
1996-1999 PATRICK'S BAR & GRILL; Rosemead, California
. Oversaw bar/restaurant operations and customer relations at popular venue.
. Scheduled, trained and supervised staff; ordered inventory; stocked bar supplies.
. Organized opening/closing procedures, register reconciliation, and banking.
1983-1995 GENERAL TELEPHONE (GTE); Irwindale, California
2. . Installed, repaired phone lines; loaded and off loaded trucks; pulled orders; effectively
handled customer service matters.
EDUCATION Business Major, PASADENA CITY COLLEGE; Pasadena, California
TRAINING Customer Service, Management & Supervision, Haz Mat, Certified Forklift Driver