– The importance of strategic planning
– Steps involved in developing a strategic plan
– Staying Competitive
• Standard: complete included questions to
assess your transfer of training.
3. Ice Breaker
• Introduce yourself
• If you had a time machine that would work
only once, where in the future or past would
you travel and why?
4. • Introduction
• Begin lesson
• Discuss A Great Change Leader
• End of lesson
5. What is Strategic Planning?
• Strategic planning is an organization's process of defining
its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on
allocating its resources to pursue this strategy.
• What do want to do?
• How do we best excel?
• Where do we want the company to be?
6. Step One
• Gather all facts
• When making decisions it is always best to have the maximum
amount of information available.
• SWOT Analysis
• Gather inputs from stakeholders, company performance analysis of
the your organization
• internal and external limitations
• social and economic trends .
7. • Among the most useful tools for strategic
planning is SWOT analysis internal and
external of the organization.
8. The 4 Key Elements
9. Sell your vision
• Why is it important to make sure other
individuals understand the purpose and future
gains of the strategic change.
10. Organization Action Strategy
• Change may be outline by few but cannot be
achieved without working together as a whole
• Develop clearly written objectives for each
department to implement.
• The objectives listed must be reviewed by upper
management adjusted if needed and then
finalized before the documents are sent to each
• Reflect on what we have learned so far and
take 45 minutes for yourselves and then we
will continue our lesson.
14. How long should your goals take to
• A strategic planning process usually takes
anywhere from 1 month to three months to
• Long term objectives.
• Short term goals and mile
• 90 day double check
• What is strategic planning?
• Why is others understanding the vision so
• How can the bank best utilize the information
• What are some of the external environmental
factors that can currently be effecting the bank?
• Jason, F. (2011). entrepreneur.com. Retrieved from
• Patrick, N. (n.d.). Manager-net. Retrieved from http://www.managers-
• Phillip, M. (2011, 07 03). Retrieved from http://www.free-press-release.com/news-fullproof-
• Strategic planning. (2012, March 09). Retrieved from
• Kosar, K. (Febr). Retrieved from Congressional Research Service website: