Store Maintenance provides all of the
management services & maintenance trades
that is needed in a retail environment.
Retail maintenance is a very specialized field.
To maintain a store is not a one man task. For
this, retailer requires help of maintenance
3. Main Points for Maintenance of
• Retail store maintenance management helps in
keeping facility maintenance and repair cost on
• Emergency services should be available 24
hours a day, 365 days a year.
• Store history should be identify problem areas
which is a part of preventive maintenance
• Store maintenance reporting solutions should
be customized to meet customer’s needs.
4. Main Points for Maintenance of
• Cost effective preventive maintenance
programs, fire extinguishers and yearly
inspection tracking should be programmed.
• Open invoicing; its open procedures for
vendors to insure that they are getting an
• Have access to qualified facilitators for retail
5. Store management is “ to
receive materials, to protect
them while in storage from
damage & unauthorized
removal, to issue the material in
the right quantities, at the right
time to the right place and to
provide these service promptly
and at least cost”.
6. Minimizing cost of production
through minimizing cost on materials
Maintaining the value of materials
Service to user departments
Establishing Co-ordination with other
7. Receipt of incoming goods
Inspection of all receipts
Storage and preservation
Identification of all materials stored
Issue and despatch
Maintenance of stock records
10. The variety of goods can be supplied
to all users from one small location.
Less manpower will be required.
Better control of materials is
Material handling will be easy.
Wastage and deterioration of
materials will be less.
11. It may not be suitable for large
More staff will be required for
shifting & transportation of the
materials to various production
Record keeping is difficult.
12. Reduced handling
Fewer production stoppages
Visual management is easier
Decentralization concept is moving
the material to the respective
consumer function or directly to
the points of use.
13. Reduced material handling and associated
Less chances of bottlenecks and delays.
Convenient for every department to draw
Less transportation time.
14. 1. Higher cost of supervision.
2. More space is required for individual
3. Higher amount of investment is
4. More time for stock taking and taking.
5. Higher cost of staff and stationary.
6. Improved technique is less possible for
controlling of materials
15. Closed door system: the stored material
is held under lock and key. Entry into the
store is restricted authorized persons
only. Physical movement of the material is
only with authorized documents only.
Maximum security and tight control on
movement are features of this system
Open stores system: In this system
material is stored near point of use and
there is restriction on consumption.
Control passes on to the operations