Jerod Ferry, MBA
Finance professional with experience in general management and credit analysis. Analytical thinker that
enjoys accumulating and breaking down complex information to identify key decision points. Clear
communicator that reports information clearly and concisely. Proven team-builder that integrates
individual’s skills and abilities. Quickly acquires new skills that align with business needs and objectives.
Problem solver that is able to incorporate technological solutions to increase efficiency.
• Problem solving • Financial analysis • Budget reporting • Analytical thinking • Decision-making
• Change management • Developing policy and procedure • Conflict resolution • Oral and written
communication • Awareness of organizational culture and goals• Customer service
Cananwill Premium Funding / AFCO Credit Corp / Glenview, IL 1999-2010
Subsidiary of Aon Corp and then BB&T Corp, provides commercial insurance loans.
AVP – Regional Agency Services Manager (2006 – 2010)
Responsible for staff’s development. Implemented underwriting procedures that balanced production,
loan quality and profitability. Ensured pricing met company’s return objectives. Communicated results
and competitive environment to senior management. Worked with compliance department to develop and
implement policies and procedures.
• During periods of economic and organizational change kept team focused and motivated on
results. Due to high retention rate of Cananwill business in 2009, AFCO experienced the most
profitable years in its history.
• Appointed to steering committee to oversee systems consolidation between AFCO and
Cananwill. Identified solutions to most complex integration issues.
• Completed Aon management training and developed core managerial skills, including:
o Behavioral based interviewing
o S.M.A.R.T. performance objectives
o Constructive employee feedback
• Identified need for internet based quote tracking system. Helped develop the system with IT,
dramatically improving organizational reporting and efficiency. System allowed for office
consolidation with significant reduction in head count. Also identified as key asset in AFCO’s
purchase of Cananwill.
• Used Salesforce.com to implement tracking and reporting of team marketing efforts. Quantity and
quality of efforts dramatically increased leading to higher agency penetration rate.
Account Executive Team Lead (2001- 2006)
Managed the company’s largest and most profitable territory with $5 million in annual revenue.
Performed financial statement analysis and made credit recommendations. Provided guidance and
mentorship to co-workers. Reported territory results on a weekly basis to sales management.
• Led transition of largest client between teams. Set performance standards that resulted in long
term client retention.
• Developed understanding of complex insurance programs, including loss responsive policies,
captive programs, risk retention groups and large deductible programs that allowed company to
compete in high premium market.
• Led regional relationships during consolidation of California branch office. Retained 80% of
business while company reduced head count and real estate expense.
• Developed expertise on web based quoting program. Became point of contact on system
Account Executive (2000- 2001)
Managed company’s largest wholesale relationships. Prepared client billings which detailed volume and
pricing. Worked with clients to resolve defaulted loans. Managed relationships with insurance companies
• Took on leadership, sales, customer service and underwriting during office relocation.
• Handled some of the company’s largest loans during high growth period.
Contract Processor (1999 – 2000)
Contacted insurance companies to verify policy information. Performed new client welcome calls.
• Led organization in daily contracts processed.
• Resolved sensitive funding issues with company’s highest volume clients.
Textron Logistics, Rockford, IL
Accounts Payable Clerk 1998 -1999
Managed company payables to ensure optimal cash flow. Applied basic accounting principles.
• Organized and updated company’s payable system streamlining processes.
• Worked with purchasing department on large cost reduction project.
Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
Masters of Business Administration
Concentration in Finance
Member Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society
Illinois State University, Normal, IL
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Finance Major, Economics Minor