SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
HAJJ PROGRAMHAJJ PROGRAM
By: Moulana MuhammadBy: Moulana Muhammad
Shoyaib Nurgat Sahib,Shoyaib Nurgat Sahib,
Imam and Khateeb MasjidImam and Khateeb Masjid
e Umer Walthamstow,e Umer Walthamstow,
The Way to Perform HajjThe Way to Perform Hajj
• The reward of Hajj e Mabroor isThe reward of Hajj e Mabroor is
Paradise itselfParadise itself
whosoever performs Hajj for thewhosoever performs Hajj for the
pleasure of Allah tala and does notpleasure of Allah tala and does not
engage in immoral conversation orengage in immoral conversation or
any immoral act, then he will returnany immoral act, then he will return
home (as purified) as on the day hehome (as purified) as on the day he
was born to his mother.was born to his mother.
(BUKHARI & MUSLIM)
• NIYYAH (INTENTION)NIYYAH (INTENTION)
• Correct your Intentions!!!Correct your Intentions!!!
• Only for AllahOnly for Allah
• To fulfil the obligationTo fulfil the obligation
•IFRAAD-IFRAAD- In the months of HajjIn the months of Hajj, one
does notnot perform Umrah, rather dons the
Ihram of Hajj only
•TAMATTU’TAMATTU’-- In the months of HajjIn the months of Hajj,
one performs Umrah, then comes out of
Ihram and on the 8on the 8thth
of Zil Hijjahof Zil Hijjah dons
the Ihram of Hajj
•QIRAAN-QIRAAN- To join the Ihram of Umrah
There areThere are 33 types of Hajjtypes of Hajj::
According to the Hanafi
School of Fiqh, Hajj e
Qiraan is the most virtuous,
then Hajj e Tamattu, then
Hajj e Ifraad
• Most perform TAMATTU’Most perform TAMATTU’
• Hence focus on Tamattu’Hence focus on Tamattu’
• Anyone performing otherAnyone performing other
type, do ask questions latertype, do ask questions later
People usually think 2 pieces of cloth,
but in reality it is the condition the person
comes into after intention and Talbiyah.
He makes so many things that were lawful
before, unlawful on himself.
Hence if someone wants to change the
cloth of Ihram/clothes (woman) after
wearing them, it is permissible
Before leaving home
2 rakaats Nafl Salah
leave your family & belongings
in the trust of Allah
If he is going to Madinah firstMadinah first, then he
does not need to come in the state of
Yes when he leaves Madinah for
Makkah then he will come in the state
of Ihram from the Masjid of Meeqat.
(bir e Ali)(bir e Ali)
If one is travelling to Makkah firstMakkah first then
it depends on the airline you are
How does one come into theHow does one come into the
state of Ihram?state of Ihram?
• Remember we are Discussing HajjRemember we are Discussing Hajj
• BatheBathe beforebefore leaving the house (includingleaving the house (including
Clipping nails & removing unwanted hair)Clipping nails & removing unwanted hair)
• To Bathe/Wudhu not necessary for Ihraam,To Bathe/Wudhu not necessary for Ihraam,
butbut to leave out unnecessarily isto leave out unnecessarily is Makrooh.Makrooh.
• AfterAfter bathing, butbathing, but beforebefore the niyyah it isthe niyyah it is
MustahabMustahab to wearto wear itritr onon bodybody && ihraamihraam
• Then wearThen wear 22 cloakscloaks of Ihraam,of Ihraam, (cover shoulders)(cover shoulders)
The main criteria are that the
ankle and the instep remain
This is for men only. There
are no restrictions for women
Mahmood ul Fatawa Vol 2 pg. 322. Masaa'il Raf'at
Qasmi Vol 5 pg. 192
How does one come into the state of Ihram?How does one come into the state of Ihram?
• Wudhu is sufficient if Ghusl not possibleWudhu is sufficient if Ghusl not possible
• Pray 2 Rakats Sunnah SalahPray 2 Rakats Sunnah Salah (avoiding makrooh time)(avoiding makrooh time)
– FirstFirst Rak’ah – Surah KafiroonRak’ah – Surah Kafiroon
– SecondSecond Rak’ah – Surah IkhlaasRak’ah – Surah Ikhlaas
• Pray Salah withPray Salah with head covered;head covered; RemoveRemove
head covering and makehead covering and make NIYYAHNIYYAH forfor
• Then reciteThen recite TalbiyyahTalbiyyah loudlyloudly three timesthree times,, onceonce
is a conditionis a condition,, thricethrice is Sunnahis Sunnah
• SendSend DuroodDurood upon the Prophet & makeupon the Prophet & make duadua
Hadith on Salah before IhramHadith on Salah before Ihram
• Hadhrat Ibn Umar RAHadhrat Ibn Umar RA
narrates that Rasoolnarrates that Rasool
Sallallahu alaihi WasallamSallallahu alaihi Wasallam
performed two Rakaa’atsperformed two Rakaa’ats
salah at Zul Halifah, thensalah at Zul Halifah, then
adorned the Ihram.adorned the Ihram. (Sharhe Ihya(Sharhe Ihya
Pg 566, Bukhari Pg 210, Muslim Pg 376.Pg 566, Bukhari Pg 210, Muslim Pg 376.
I respond to Your call O Allah, I respond to Your call, and I
am obedient to Your orders, You have no partner, I respond
to Your call All the praises and blessings are for You, All the
sovereignty is for You, And You have no partners with you
Jaabir Ibn Abdullah R A narrates that Rasool Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam
said: “The person who dons the Ihram in the morning, then continues
to recite the Talbiyah till the evening; his sins are forgiven in such a
way, that it will be as though his mother has given birth to him today.”
(Ibn Majah Pg 216)
WOMENS’ IHRAAMWOMENS’ IHRAAM
• ForFor WOMENWOMEN, Ihraam is, Ihraam is NORMAL CLOTHING.NORMAL CLOTHING.
• Not required to wear sheets like men , sheNot required to wear sheets like men , she
is permitted to use stitched clothing of dailyis permitted to use stitched clothing of daily
use. White not necessary, she may wearuse. White not necessary, she may wear
shoes etc. gloves and socks also allowed,shoes etc. gloves and socks also allowed,
but better not to wear thembut better not to wear them
• Cover head, but not face or foreheadCover head, but not face or forehead
• But cover face in a manner that the clothBut cover face in a manner that the cloth
does not touch the facedoes not touch the face
• Coming into the State of Ihraam same asComing into the State of Ihraam same as
• In Menses, women will bathe or performIn Menses, women will bathe or perform
wudhu with the INTENTION of Umrahwudhu with the INTENTION of Umrah
• This will not make her paakThis will not make her paak
• Sit, facing Qiblah if possibleSit, facing Qiblah if possible
• Make Intention followed by TALBIYYAH.Make Intention followed by TALBIYYAH.
• Remain engaged inRemain engaged in
• Enter Masjid for umrahEnter Masjid for umrah afterafter becomingbecoming
ONCE IN THE STATE OFONCE IN THE STATE OF IHRAMIHRAM, A, A
MUHRIMMUHRIM MUST NOT…MUST NOT…
• wear anywear any perfumeperfume,,
• useuse perfumed soapperfumed soap,,
• wipe thewipe the faceface withwith clothcloth,,
• clip nailsclip nails oror remove hairremove hair,,
• a man musta man must notnot covercover his head.his head.
• One must not engage in any immodestOne must not engage in any immodest
conversation, arguments.conversation, arguments.
• No intimate talk or action is permissibleNo intimate talk or action is permissible
even between the husband and wife.even between the husband and wife.
ONCE IN THE STATE OFONCE IN THE STATE OF IHRAMIHRAM, A, A
• Continue with the Talbiyyah,Continue with the Talbiyyah,
• at every change of condition readat every change of condition read
• During the journey be prompt in your Salah.During the journey be prompt in your Salah.
• Even on theEven on the AircraftAircraft.. Because you are a.. Because you are a
Musafir all the four Rakaats of Farz will beMusafir all the four Rakaats of Farz will be
halved to two. The sunnats and Nafl willhalved to two. The sunnats and Nafl will
remain the same.remain the same.
Should you read them?...Should you read them?...
Things Permissible in IHRAMThings Permissible in IHRAM
• Shadowing under an umbrella or other such object thatShadowing under an umbrella or other such object that
does not touch your headdoes not touch your head
• You can wear a ring, a pair of glasses, a hearing aid, aYou can wear a ring, a pair of glasses, a hearing aid, a
watch or a belt which protects your money andwatch or a belt which protects your money and
• If, while you are in Ihram, you want to wash your IhramIf, while you are in Ihram, you want to wash your Ihram
cloths, or change them, you can do so. You can also have acloths, or change them, you can do so. You can also have a
bath or shower but you must not scrub yourself so that nobath or shower but you must not scrub yourself so that no
hair falls out.hair falls out.
• You can cover yourself, including your feet, with aYou can cover yourself, including your feet, with a
blanket, quilt, Sleeping bag or any other cover, but youblanket, quilt, Sleeping bag or any other cover, but you
must not cover your head or facemust not cover your head or face
• You may also use Miswaak to clean your teethYou may also use Miswaak to clean your teeth
ARRIVAL ATARRIVAL AT JEDDAHJEDDAH
• BE PATIENTBE PATIENT
• Formalities will take a few hoursFormalities will take a few hours
• On the coach to MAKKAHOn the coach to MAKKAH
• ENTER MAKKAH...ENTER MAKKAH...
• In pure stateIn pure state
• With TALBIYYAH on tongueWith TALBIYYAH on tongue
• With total humilty & respectWith total humilty & respect
• Du’aa & IstighfaarDu’aa & Istighfaar
• Thinking a sinner has come to be pardonedThinking a sinner has come to be pardoned
• You will be taken to your hotels,You will be taken to your hotels,
• settle down,settle down,
• Rest if you are tiredRest if you are tired
• Eat if you are hungryEat if you are hungry
• If one wants to take a bath he may do so butIf one wants to take a bath he may do so but
without soap and rigorous rubbing so no hairwithout soap and rigorous rubbing so no hair
fall out.fall out.
• He/she may use a towel except for the face andHe/she may use a towel except for the face and
also head for the male.also head for the male.
• When you feel fresh then go to perform your Umrah.When you feel fresh then go to perform your Umrah.
• Hadhrat Ayesha RA narrates that upon entering MakkahHadhrat Ayesha RA narrates that upon entering Makkah
Rasool Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam did Wudhu and thenRasool Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam did Wudhu and then
performed Tawaf. (Bukhari)performed Tawaf. (Bukhari)
Hadith on acceptance of Dua,Hadith on acceptance of Dua,
when one glances at thewhen one glances at the
• When Rasool Sallallahu AlaihiWhen Rasool Sallallahu Alaihi
Wasaalam entered Makkah and sawWasaalam entered Makkah and saw
the Baitullah, he lifted his handsthe Baitullah, he lifted his hands
and recited the Takbeerand recited the Takbeer .. (Fath ur Rabbani(Fath ur Rabbani
Vol 12 Pg 7)Vol 12 Pg 7)
• Abu Umaamah RA narrates thatAbu Umaamah RA narrates that
Rasool Sallallahu Alaihi WasaalamRasool Sallallahu Alaihi Wasaalam
said that dua is accepted whensaid that dua is accepted when
sighting the Baitullahsighting the Baitullah .. (Tabrani)(Tabrani)