4. AYURVEDIC MEDICINE HELP TO MAINTAIN OR RESTORE THE NATURAL
BALANCE OF THE PERSON.
It includes several actions such as:
• Natural diet
• Physical activity plan
• The techniques of mental harmony
• Use of herbs
• Techniques for rejuvenation and detox
Body - Mind - Spirit.
5. THREE DOSHAS
One of the foundations of
ayurvedic medicine are the doshas
('moods' or 'vital airs').
6. They are thin (It easy to
lose weight), sensitive and
dry skin, dry hair, very
They are anxious and
nervous system disorders
They are of medium height.
They increase and lose weight
They are sensitive and oily
They are of great stature.
They gain weight easily
and have a lot of physical
strength. They have oily
skin, thick and greasy
dark hair. His character is
peaceful and very calm.
7. Being preventive - Curative - Recuperative
The following applications are:
• Prevents diseases: respiratory, digestive, rheumatic...
• Rehabilitation post-oncologic
• Improved immune system
• Rejuvenation and elimination of toxins
• Promotes mental health
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care
profession, treatment, and optimal
health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances
that motivate individuals’ inherent self-healing
10. The Healing Power of Nature (Vis
Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-
healing process in people that are ordered and intelligent.
11. Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle
The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the
underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or
12. First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere)
Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming
1. Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize
the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force
necessary to diagnose and treat
13. 2. Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of
3. Reconize, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing
14. Treat the Whole Person:
Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account
individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic social, and other
TENS current is a
specialized form of
designed to reduce or treat
pain, from a wide range of
For the use of TENS, surface electrodes placed on
the skin are used stimuli of high frequency and low
intensity, which should be sufficient to produce
paresthesias apply, but not painful sensation or