libdash is a library that provides an object orient (OO) interface to the MPEG-DASH standard.
- Cross platform build system based on cmake that includes Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Open source available and licensed under the LGPL.
- Implements the full MPEG-DASH standard according to ISO/IEC 23009-1, Information Technology Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) Part 1: Media Presentation Description and Segment Formats
- Handles the download and xml parsing of the MPD. Based on that it provides an OO based interface to the MPD.
Media elements, e.g., SegmentURL, SegmentTemplate, etc., are downloadable in that OO based structure and can be downloaded through libdash, which internally uses libcurl.
- Therefore basically all protocols that libcurl supports, e.g., HTTP, FTP, etc. are supported by libdash.
- However it also provides a configurable download interface, which enables the use of external connections that can be implemented by the user of the library for the download of media segments.
- The use of such external connections will be shown in the libdash_networkpart_test project which is part of libdash solution and also part of the cross platform cmake system and therefore usable on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- The project contains a sample multimedia player that is based on ffmpeg which uses libdash for the playback of one of our dataset MPDs.
- The development is based on Windows, therefore the code contains a VS10 solution with additional tests and the sample multimedia player.