2. In our second flashback
which is a POV following
one of the victims, we
held the camera by hand
to shoot it. When we
came to editing, we
found that the camera
was very shaky.
3. A device called a Steadicam (or Stabilizer) would allow me to
shoot this in a much smoother way. I had a look at the
difference a Steadicam could make and decided that we
would use it to re-shot the forest scene. Using the same
camera I mounted it onto a Steadicam which I had never
used before. Despite watching a video on YouTube of how to
use the Steadicam, I found it extremely difficult to set the
Steadicam up with the camera.
4. I re-shoot the scene,
however due to
incorrect settings; the
shoot still came out
shaky, but much better
than the previous
5. All of our footage was
shoot using a video
camera, however, the
falling petals were
shoot on a stills camera
at 60fps. Capturing
petals falling in slow
motion. This allowed us
to achieve great results
when edited in Premier.
6. All dialogue in our film
was recorded using a
boom microphone which
we were able to plug into
our camera and mount
over (out of shot) our
actors. The boom
microphone picks up
sound directly in line with We could have used a microphone
the microphone. This was which picked up sound in a circular
one of the things I had direction, however, we thought that
learned, that different seeing as most of our film as little
microphones picked up to no dialogue, using a boom
sound in different microphone that picked up sound
directions. directly would mean that we
minimised any background noise.
7. JRED Productions had access
to a good set of lighting
available particularly for
filming. We took advantage
of it and went all out with
lighting. Whilst being taught
our to use the light I learned
that you are able to place
different coloured gels over
the lights to create
different types of lighting’s.
8. During our shoot in the hotel and restaurant, we
placed a yellow and misty gel over the light to
create a soft yellow romantic light in the room.
This allowed us to be able to create a perfect
setting for the scenes atmosphere. The use of the
lighting and gels, meant that we did not have to
adjust the contrast and brightness setting in
editing, and this may have added the bonus of not
compromising the clear quality of footage.
9. Finding the right sound for our film has been the
hardest part of our whole filming production. We have
had access to Garageband, on Apple Mac’s and had
developed some music ideas using the pre recorded
Unfortunately none of our production team is able to
write or edit music, and therefore we were unable to
change it to make it more suitable to our film.
I was able to learn that tweaking the settings i.e.
chords and tempo of pre recorded music in
Garageband is a feature that is available and is an
excellent feature to have which would have allowed us
to make the sound exactly how we would have liked it.
10. Being a user of Windows Movie Maker, I found
Adobe Primer to be a very technical but exciting
software to use. I was impressed by the features it
held and what was possible to do to a film with all
these features. As I had brief experience in using
Premier in my preliminary task which allowed me to
know a little about the features available which I
could work with when planning our film.
11. I ended up learning and
using the chroma key
effects to remove the
green screen from the
background when I had
shot the falling petals.
We used an effect for
the titles called fade
in/out by character to
imitate the idea of
hand writing the titles
on the film.
12. One of our best works
using Premier was our
logo which we had
created ourselves after
learning how to use the
motions and key frames
on the timing frames to
make the blocks move