Scotts Valley, CA mnspierings(at)gmail.com
I am a passionate, creative professional well-versed in the constantly changing world of digital marketing. I have a
strong analytical background both testing and reporting metrics over a range of marketing channels. I’ve had
success creating, sourcing and editing engaging content to draw attention to brands. I look forward to contributing
to the success of your marketing unit.
❏ Forecasting and Budget
❏ Web Analytics (Google) ❏ Online Advertising
❏ Social Media Marketing ❏ Influencer and Affiliate
❏ Email Marketing
❏ Website Conversion
❏ Search Engine Optimization
❏ Copy Editing
❏ Team Leadership ❏ French language skills ❏ Paid Search (PPC)
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (April 2015 - November 2016), ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER (Feb 2013
- March 2015), Smith Micro Software Inc., Santa Cruz, CA
Originally employed as an individual contributor of this graphics software company (my.smithmicro.com), I was
promoted to lead a team of five staff covering all aspects of online marketing. I benchmarked performance of our
marketing channels providing accurate forecasting to executive management and implemented new platforms and
tactics to drive online sales.
● Developed and executed promotional marketing campaigns utilizing email, web, online ads and social
media to drive promotions and product launches resulting in 15-30% revenue increases YOY.
● Managed project to change email service providers from vetting potential vendors to successfully moving
contacts and functionalities over to a new platform resulting in 50% saving in fees.
● Grew Google/Facebook pay-per-click (PPC) program from $6k/month spend with 0% Return On Ad Spend
(ROAS) to $25k/month spend with 179% ROAS.
COACH/FREELANCE WRITER, tricoachmartin.com, Santa Cruz, CA
December 2006 - present
My own part-time business creating personalized training programs for triathletes and runners. Wrote articles for
online and print publications.
● Published articles as a freelance writer for nationally distributed Competitor Magazine, Santa Cruz
Sentinel, Adventure Sports Journal.
● Independently marketed all aspects of my business, events and teams integrating website, blog and social
NATIONAL ADVERTISING SALES MANAGER, Virtual Event Bags, Chicago, IL
March 2012 - January 2013
Sourced national endurance brand partners from scratch to advertise on this digital email marketing platform
start-up reaching over 1.5 million triathlon, cycling and running event participants per year.
● Generated an incremental new revenue source for the company of $100k. Created and maintained CRM
database, produced sales forecasts and drafted and managed partner contracts.
● Provided top notch customer service to existing clients addressing invoice inquiries, providing analytics of
results and troubleshooting problems.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER, SweatVac, Chicago, IL
2011 - 2012
Used online tactics to source and sell custom technical running and cycling wear to endurance events.
● Brought in 14 new accounts in my first quarter at the company
● Negotiated sponsorship and marketing partnership deal with Snapple Triathlon Team.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, Central California Alliance For Health , Scotts Valley, CA
2009 - 2011
Used analytical tools such as SQL and Excel to report and present company data enabling improved decision making by
LOGISTICS MANAGER, Seagate Technology LLC, Scotts Valley, CA
2006 - 2009
Managed the logistics of a kitting warehouse facility in Houston, coordinating the flow of computer disc drives from
Asian factories to retailers internationally.
SALES MANAGER, Rohlig, Sydney, Australia
2005 - 2006
Managed and promoted allocated trade lanes; France, Spain and Italy, for this international freight forwarding
company. Secured new regular business through company presentations and participation at trade shows.
EXPORT CONSULTANT, Altios Australia, Sydney, Australia
2003 - 2005
Assisted French companies expand to new international markets for this boutique consultancy firm (market
research, partner sourcing, sales material development).
SALES MANAGER, EFBS-Seafrigo, Le Havre, France
2002 - 2003
Managed France-Asia/Australia trade lane for this international freight forwarding company; preparing quotations,
problem solving and providing top level customer service to existing clients.
Bachelor of Science (Physiology) Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Melbourne , Australia