Asking and Giving for Directions
English I @ copyright by Dady Rohandi (BSI)
Have you ever got lost and
had the experience of
asking others for
Where is the bus station, please?
How do I get to the bus station, please?
Excuse me, can you help me?
I want to get to BSI Campus.
Excuse me, I’m trying to find Oak street.
I’m looking for Oak street.
Do you know where is the post office, please?
Do you know how to get the post office?
Is the post office near here, please?
____________ far from here, please?
Can you tell me where the bus station is, please?
Could you tell me the way to get to BSI, please?
how to get to BSI, please?
How do I get there?
Could you direct us to the railway station,
We’re looking for a hotel Called ‘Istana Cinta’.
Can you give us direction to it?
Use all information about road,
buildings, or everything
Use ‘Preposition of place’
Use ‘some phrases for
Preposition of place
At, in, on,
Below, under, beneath
In front of X in the back of / behind
Across from = opposite
Next to = beside
Adjacent to = very near, touching
(Note: “What is rule in sentence?)
From here, go along this street
Go along / keep going / go
(straight) a head / go down
Take the first turning,…
The first (second,…)
Then, and then, finally,…
Till, until, you will see/find …
You will past the bank…then…
Turn left / right
Intersection / crossroad
On the corner
On your left/right
Overpass (us)/ flyover (uk)
Alex got lost in a countryside.)
A: Pardon me, madam. I’m wondering if you
know how to get to the nearest gas station.
My gas is running out.
B: Oh, let me think. First, keep driving west for
about 1 km. You’ll see a 7-11 on your left.
Then, make a left turn at the second
crossroad after you go past the 7-11. Soon
you will find a gas station on your right. It’s
rather noticeable. You can’t miss it!
A: Thanks so much!
B: Not at all.
(Do all tasks (1, 2, and 3) below based on
3. Print out all task
4. Answer behind your paper in writing
5. Submitted on Thursday, 2 December
2010…from 9.am to 2. pm at LECTURER
ROOM contact me
1. You are in SUPERMARKET --- wants to get
2. You are in POST OFFICE—wants to get
3. You are in OLD HAVANA RESTAURANT—want
to get POLICE STATION.
A: ……? (asking direction)
B: ……. (Giving Direction)
Based on the map above, choose TRUE
(T) or FALSE (F)
1. The hotel is next to the bank. (True)
2. The zoo is opposite the police station. (True)
3. The library is between the post office and the
4. The bowling alley is on East Street. (False)
5. The bar is on the corner of West Street and South
6. City hall is in front of the library. (False)
7. The hospital is near the bus station. (False)
8. The zoo is behind the post office. (False)
9. The bowling alley is behind the bookstore. (True)
10. The school is between the bus station and the
police station. (False)
1. First, walk down Green Street for two
blocks. Then, turn right and the bank is the
third building on the left side. 7 (Seven)
2. Go straight down Yellow Street until Blue
Street. The school is on the corner of Yellow
Street and Blue Street. 19(
3. Drive along Green Street to White Street and
turn right. Next, go straight one block, cross
Brown Street, and the library is the first
building on the right corner.
4. First, go down Yellow Street for one block,
turn left, and then go to the first
intersection. Then, keep going straight, and
the hotel is the second building on the left.
5. Walk along Green Street until Black Street.
Then, turn right and go straight, and the
church is the last building at the end of the
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.