3. Ridlr is an Indian public transport commuting and ticketing
app. It was founded in 2012. Ridlr allows travelers to access
real-time information about the various modes of
transportation. It also books tickets and tokens through the
app with digital money.
Ridlr covers Mumbai and Delhi in association with
BEST, Mumbai Metro and Delhi Metro.It also provides service
including Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Bellary and
4. App Features
Travel Cashless On Your Next BEST Bus Journey
Don't hassle to pay small amounts
Recharge Your Reliance Mumbai Metro Card
Without the hassle of standing in a queue
5. Get Public Transport Schedule & Local Timetables
Make sure you’re never stranded again
Live Traffic Updates & Announcements
Don't ever get stuck in traffic again
Personal Travel Assistant
Guides you step-by-step to your destination ,
nearby stations, and beyond
6. Ridlr was introduced in India in 2012 by Bird’s Eye
Systems Private Limited for Delhi and Mumbai. The
owners were Brijraj Vaghani and Ravi Khemani
In April 2018 it was taken over by Ola.
After Mumbai, Ridlr added southern cities. The
information services of the Ridlr app became
available in Vijayawada,
Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Bellary, Chennai, and other
7. In 2015, the app transformed into a transactional app and
associated with BEST and later with MBMT and NMMT. This
permitted travelers to buy bus tickets as well as passes
through the app.
In 2017, the app became an IoT service provider. This enabled
customers to access the gates of Mumbai Metro. Travelling
without the intervention of a physical ticket counter in the
Mumbai Metro services was enabled. Online payment
eradicated the need for standing in a queue.
8. During demonetization, the cash crunch was eased by
The user journey during the initial days of 2014
through the app was:
• Initial and final destinations
• Real-time data regarding the various modes of
• User choice of transport mode
9. My Startup Idea
In 2009, Brijraj Vaghani who had started his career with
Qualcomm in the US, got an opportunity to setup Sears’
India Centre . Vaghani who had loved Mumbai of the
1990s, was upset to find that the city was no longer the
“People were using traffic as an excuse to be late and
commuting was a struggle. There was no system in
Mumbai to help travellers,” he says. So he decided to
build a traffic management app that could give real –time
To expand its boundaries to many cities in the coming
future. And aim to make their services flawless.
• To give real time traffic updates
• Travel without having a physical tickets.
11. Company Details
• Categories : Apps, Real Time, Transportation, Travel
• Headquarters Regions : Asia-Pacific (APAC)
• Founded Date : 2012
• Founders : Brijraj Vaghani, Ravi Khemani
• Number of Employees : 51-100
• Also Known As : Birds Eye Systems, Traffline
• Company Type: For Profit
12. • Website : ridlr.in/
• Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone Number :+91-22-2618-4020
• Address : 123-126, First Floor, Chintanmani Plaza, Mohan
Studio Compound, Near Magic-bricks WEH Metro Station,
Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai- 400099.
14. Brijraj Vaghani
1. Electrical Engineer
2. Worked at Qualcomm from 2005 to 2007 as a
3. Worked at Qualcomm from 2007 to2009 as a Sr.
4. From 2009 to 2012 worked as a Delivery
manager in Sears Holdings India
5. From 2012 ,now he is the CEO and the
co-founder of the Birds Eye Systems pvt. Ltd.
15. Ravi Khemani
1. Computer Science Engineer
2. Worked as a Software Consultant & consultant
on heavy user- traffic websites at UNILIN from
3. Worked at CareerBuilder.com from 2007 to2008
as a Sr. Software Engineer.
4. From 2010 to 2012 worked as a Systems Architect
at Sears IT & Management Services
5. From 2012 , one of the founders and serving in
the designation of CTO while looking after digital
marketing, daily operations and user support.
Besides I am also overseeing the functioning of
Finance and HR departments.
18. Funding Rounds
Number Of Funding Rounds 4
Ridlr raised a total of $6.4M in funding over 4 rounds. The latest funding came
from a Series B round on Jul 14, 2016.
Money Raised Lead
Jan 1,2012 Seed Round-
1 Rs.20M __
Dec 1,2013 Series A- Ridlr 1 __ __
Sep 30,2014 Series B- Ridlr 1 __ Qualcomm
Jul 14,2016 Series B- Ridlr 4 $6M Times Internet
Number of Lead Investors 2
Number of Investors 6
Ridlr is funded by 6 investors. Times Internet and Matrix
Partners are the most recent investors.
Investors Name Lead Investors Funding Round
Times Internet Yes Series-B-Ridlr
Matrix Partners No Series-B-Ridlr
Qualcomm No Series-B-Ridlr
InnoVen Capital No Series-B-Ridlr
Qualcomm ventures Yes Series-B-Ridlr
Matrix Partners __ Series-A-Ridlr
Indian Angel Network __ Seed Round-Ridlr
Citymapper is Ridlr's #1 competitor. Citymapper is a Private company
that was founded in 2011 in London, England. Citymapper is in the
Application Software industry. Compared to Ridlr, Citymapper has 39
Chalo is seen as one of Ridlr's biggest rivals. Chalo was founded in
Mumbai, Maharashtra} in 2014. Chalo competes in the Application
Software field. Compared to Ridlr, Chalo generates $3.7M less revenue.
TransitPedia is one of Ridlr's top competitors.
TransitPedia is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra,
and was founded in 2014. TransitPedia is in the
Application Software field. TransitPedia generates 18%
the revenue of Ridlr.
30. Ola acquires Ridlr; looks to foray in digital ticketing for public
Ola announced at April 3,2018 , it has acquired Ridlr, an end-
to-end ticketing and commuting app for public transport.
Ridlr app will be integrated into Ola's existing app.
Ridlr’s team of 64 will join and integrate with Ola's team
Founder Brijraj Vaghani will continue to lead its operations
Other terms of the deal were undisclosed.
• The idea of the acquisition is to combine Ridlr’s innovation
in public transport with Ola’s mobility products.
• With this acquisition, Ola aims to bring new technology
and mobility options as it looks to expand into and partner
with cities in India and abroad.
• This is the second major acquisition by the cab-hailing
company after buying Foodpanda for approximately $40-
50 million in December 2017. In July 2016.
32. Ridlr in Media
THE ECONOMIC TIMES
30 sep,2014 Qualcomm Invests In Indian Start-Up Birds Eye Systems
1 JAN 2012 Power Of Ideas 2012: Start-Up Birds Eye Systems
Provides Real-Time Traffic Updates On Web And Mobile
THE TIMES OF INDIA
10 AUG 2014 Mumbai Commuters Tweet Their Way Out Of Traffic
Jams This Monsoon
30 NOV 2013 5 APPS TO HELP WITH YOUR DAILY COMMUTE
16 NOV 2013 Caught In A Traffic Jam? Cellphone App At Hand