Apache Storm 0.9 basic training (130 slides) covering:
1. Introducing Storm: history, Storm adoption in the industry, why Storm
2. Storm core concepts: topology, data model, spouts and bolts, groupings, parallelism
3. Operating Storm: architecture, hardware specs, deploying, monitoring
4. Developing Storm apps: Hello World, creating a bolt, creating a topology, running a topology, integrating Storm and Kafka, testing, data serialization in Storm, example apps, performance and scalability tuning
5. Playing with Storm using Wirbelsturm
Audience: developers, operations, architects
Created by Michael G. Noll, Data Architect, Verisign, https://www.verisigninc.com/
Verisign is a global leader in domain names and internet security.
- Wirbelsturm (https://github.com/miguno/wirbelsturm)
- kafka-storm-starter (https://github.com/miguno/kafka-storm-starter)
Blog post at:
Many thanks to the Twitter Engineering team (the creators of Storm) and the Apache Storm open source community!