Gehören Sie zu den Ersten, denen das gefällt!
It is recognised that the standard of teaching ICT has improved significantly in recent years. However, high quality ICT teaching is far from universal. This session will explore, from several perspectives, what is meant by ‘good practice.’
We also explore some ideas for incorporating ICT in art and design, and you engage in a practical task on the theme of self portraits.
You reflect on this work with your partner, uploading a recording of your discussion to your site.
We conclude with a discussion of interactive whiteboard practice in schools.
IN-SESSION TASK 2
• Create a self portrait using ICT tools – your tutor will model one or more approaches to this task, but you are welcome to work independently using ideas of your own
• Upload your finished portrait to your Google site.
• Record a brief conversation with your partner about this task and upload this to your site.
TO FOLLOW UP
• Read Higgins et al (2007), whilst reflecting on your own or your class teacher’s use of the interactive whiteboard.
• You may wish to practice your own IWB skills over lunchtime using one of the Lulham ICT Centre boards, or IWBs available for student use in the Library.
• Watch Jen Deyenberg’s online presentation on geocaching, http://www.trailsoptional.com/2010/10/k-12-online-conference-presentation-gps-and-geocaching-k12online10/