• It is a post World War I cultural
• It appeared in:
– Visual arts
– Literature (mainly poetry)
– Graphic design
• It was a protest against the
barbarism of the War
• Dadaists believed War was an
oppressive intellectual rigidity in
– Everyday society
• Dadaist works are characterized
– Deliberate irrationality
– Rejection of the prevailing standards
• It influenced on later movements
• According to its proponents, Dadaá
was not art
• It was anti-Art
• For everything that art stood for,
Dadáaá was to represent the
• Dadaá supposed that
– Where art was concerned with
aesthetics, Dadaá ignored them
– If art is to have at least an implicit or
latent message, Dada strives to have
• If art is to appeal to sensibilities,
• Interpretation of Dadaá is
dependent entirely on the viewer.
• This movement was highly
influential in Modern Art.
• It became a commentary on art and
the world, thus becoming art
• They had become disillusioned by
Art, Art History and History in
• Many of them were veterans of
World War I
• They had grown cynical of humanity
after seeing what men were capable
of doing to each other on the
battlefields of Europe.
• Members of the movement were:
– Hans Arp
– Marcel Duchamp
– Marx Ernst
– Man Ray
– Kurt Schwitters
• They became attracted to a
nihilistic view of the world
• They thought that nothing mankind
had achieved was worthwhile, not
• They created an Art in which chance
and randomness formed the basis
• The basis of Dadáa is nonsense.
• With the order of the world
destroyed by World War I, Dadáa
was a way to express the confusion
that was felt by many people as
their own world was turned upside
• They took normal objects but they
put them in such a way that were
• These objects received the name of
• In paintings they tend to glue
objects to the images, making of
everything a kind of machine,
something mechanic, no human
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.