• When I research lots of different solo artists
digipaks, the common factor is that the artist
is the main focus. This is normally done by
having the artist in the center of the
• In the Adele front cover, she has her face in
close up and in black and white. From the
colour palate you can gather that the
emotion of the album is sad father than
happy and colourful. Her name is in large
writing making it stand out to the buyers.
• In the Tyler Creator album you can tell that its
going to be an uplifting album due to the
colour choice of using pink.
Our front cover ideas
What we want to have:
- We want to have our solo artist in the
middle composition of the cover so that
she is the main focus and stands out to the
- We would like to achieve a Y2K; yet
futuristic feel to the photo, to tie in with
the technology theme that we have
throughout out music video.
- I think that having our artist in an
interesting slick hairstyle is very striking
and unique so this will make her
- I also this that a use of prop such as glasses
or a hat makes the photo more interesting.
• When i did research into different back
covers for digipaks, none of them had the
feel that we want to achieve for our one.
• For the ‘Arctic Monkeys’ one, there cover
doesn’t contain any photos of the band and
only shows that band name, songs in the
album and the record label and copywrite
information. I think that this works for their
marketing, however, I do think that it’s a bit
boring and not that memorable.
• For the Adele one, there is a photo of herself
which clearly shows that its her album. The
black and white colour sceme matches well
with the colours that she used on the front
cover. However, I still think that it’s a little bit
simplistic but does show the theme of the
album is going to be sad.
Our back cover ideas
What we want to have:
- We think that it would be so effective to do a
2000s futuristic theme for our back cover. This
also matches very well with our front cover.
- I did some research into vintage Fendi covers
and found these photos. I love the way that
the model’s shadow is coloured and they are
cut out onto a block colour background. I
really like the use of the purple background;
however, we could easily match the
background to a colour we use lots in our
- To make sure that the songs in the album and
record label information can we seen. We
would have to make sure the artist isn’t in the
whole frame of the photo. The photo on the
bottom right is one that shows this idea.
• We want to show on either the
inside cover or CD cover a closer
insight to our artists life. I think that
the ‘teenage dirtbag’ lifestyle is very
glamorized at the moment in the
media and appeals to teenage girls;
which is our target audience.
• Kate Moss was a huge influence of
this lifestyle when she became a
model, so I think that having our
artist showing her ‘rebellious’ side
will give her personability for our
• I think that it is also very important
to communicate to the audience
that our artist is self made and has a
talent which is singing and music.
• The ‘rockstar’ lifestyle is also hugely
glamorized so I believe that showing
that our artist plays instruments,
writes her music and has a huge
involvement in the making of her
song; rather than other solo artists,
will be a positive.