• What is VR ?
• History of VR
• How VR works ?
• Available VR Devices
• Pros and Cons of VR Technology.
3. What is VR ?
Virtual reality is the term used to describe a
three-dimensional, computer generated
environment which can be explored and
interacted by a person. That person
becomes part of this virtual world or is
immersed within this environment and
whilst there, is able to manipulate objects or
perform a series of actions.
VR is primarily experienced through two of
the five senses: sight and sound.
4. History Of VR
Virtual-reality actually has an extensive history with
a concept that dates all the way back to the 1950s.
• 1950s - In Pygmalions spectacles, Stanley G.
• 1960s - Ivann Sutherland created the very first VR
headset for use with military applications
• In 1999 – The Matrix
• 21st Century – Oculus Rift is the latest VR
5. How VR Works?
Two screens show into your eyes, your
brain puts these together to make a
single image like your eyes do. This
then combined with the motion
capture makes it seem as if you are in
the real world.
6. Different Virtual Reality Devices
• OCULUS RIFT
• HTC VIVE
• SONY PROJECT MORPHEUS
• SAMSUNG GEAR VR
• RAZER OSVR HACKER DEV KIT
• GOOGLE CARDBOARD
• Microsoft HoloLens
7. Pros of VR Technology
Virtual reality is useful in different
• Health Care
8. Pros of VR Technology
• Architecture and Engineering
• Court rooms
• Meditation & Mental Health
9. Cons of Virtual Reality
• Communication using this technology would be susceptible to
• Due to the fast paced development of Virtual Reality and online
worlds, there is a lack of laws regarding these worlds. Users can
say and do things in these worlds that is illegal in reality. Also,
users may be less inhibited than in real life due to a sense of
anonymity, and may act in a way that is socially unacceptable
• Many people may become addicted to living in these virtual
worlds, and as a result forget or neglect their responsibilities in
• Some people have been known to have motion sickness due to
using the VR headset.
Virtual Reality is the creation of virtual environment presented to our
senses in such a way that we experience it as if we were really there. It
uses a host of technologies to achieve this goal. It has both
entertainment and serious uses. The technology is becoming cheaper
and more widespread. We can expect to see many more innovative uses
for the technology in the future where we can communicate and work
easily with possibilities of virtual reality.