HOWARD S. REINGOLD
email@example.com • http://www.linkedin.com/in/howardreingold
Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales and Product Development leader who has been successful
within both Fortune 500 (AT&T, Intel) and entrepreneurial companies at managing and delivering technology
products and services. Recognized as someone who is excellent at partnering with customers, and who can
quickly develop and implement a strategy and practical plan to improve business performance and increase
revenue. Functional expertise in organic business growth, launching new products, developing strategic
partnerships, incorporating voice of the customer, product life-cycle management, being a positive culture
change agent and leading product teams to collaboratively meet roadmap timelines. Consistent delivery of
product line revenue growth for services, software, and hardware products being managed. MBA from Duke
University and a computer science degree.
• P&L Management • Marketing Plans • Process Improvement
• Strategic Partnerships • New Product Development • Business Development
• Business Plans • Revenue Forecasting • Cost Reduction
• Agile Software Development • Program Management • Customer Management
• Contract Negotiations • B-to-B & B-to-C Experience • Global Sales Support
• People/Team Management • Distributor/Sales Training • Product Life Cycle
2008 – Glowpoint, Inc., Murray Hill, NJ
2010 (a $28M provider of video conferencing, webcasting and other managed video solutions)
Director, Product Management
• Managed a $28M product portfolio of Video Conferencing, Managed Services and Cloud
Based Video Services for Unified Communications.
• Contributed to delivering company’s first profitable quarters by rolling-out new offers for B-to-B
video calling and Telepresence room management, driving core revenue growth of 14% in 2009
and 9% in 2010. Positioned company as a “Video in the Cloud” service provider.
• Expanded service portfolio with new strategic partner relationship for webcasting services and
developed into an incremental revenue stream of $500K per year.
2006 - Ulticom, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
2008 (a $60M provider of software and hardware signaling solutions for telecom services)
Sr. Manager, Product Management (Sr. Product Owner)
• P&L responsibility for $50M product line of application and network signaling products.
• Co-led a 100 person product development team providing leadership on customer requirements,
pricing, feature development and roadmap strategy to achieve business objectives.
• Launched company’s largest software release with over 30 new features and delivered 3 new
board products in 2007. Helped attain peak company revenue and shipments.
• Assisted in company transformation from waterfall to Agile software development methodology.
2000 – Intel Corporation, Parsippany, NJ
2006 (a $40B maker of semiconductor chips and other technology products)
Sr. Product Line Manager (2003-2006)
• Responsible for $20M P&L for Signaling Products which included software, board, and system
products through all product life cycle phases with UK-based development team. Achieved 30%
growth in 2005 and grew the product line revenue from $12M to $20M.
• Increased market penetration with launch of next generation, higher performance signaling server
products and discontinued previous generation.
• Developed content and delivered product training to sales teams, channel partners, and customers
in different formats including web seminars, annual sales training events, and industry
Product Marketing Manager (2000-2002)
• Designed and launched of new high-density network interface computer telephony board and
developed into $8M in annual revenue.
• Closed product line gaps by managing two partnerships for products to meet specific customer
needs for multi-server connectivity.
1990 – AT&T Corporation, Morristown, NJ
2000 (a $123B telecommunications company)
Sales Director for Global Enterprise Accounts (1997-2000)
• Led and managed a team of 10 sales executives selling IP, voice, wireless and data telecom
services to multi-national enterprise customers (D&B, Maersk, American Standard, Mars).
• Displaced incumbent service providers by negotiating and closing new multi-million dollar
contracts with customer base.
• Exceeded sales targets on $20M+ account base and achieved Gold Club status.
Product Manager (1995-1997)
• Managed $500M international business calling service, college market service, and state
government market service and attained a 20% growth rate.
• Successfully developed and launched a new college market offer which combined all voice calling
usage under a single contract. Developed incentive plan to retain international enterprise business.
• Reduced costs $2M annually by introducing new policies for billing and customer care.
Product Development Director (1992-1995)
• Executed a successful consumer video trial between AT&T, U.S. West, and Bell Atlantic.
• Established and led a large cross-functional team along with a small staff to develop
interoperability service for videotelephony services for cable TV and ISDN. Developed overall
user experience, use cases, pricing, and conducted primary market research while managing a
Network Capacity Staff Manager (1990-1992)
• Managed, tracked, and negotiated critical network switching resources for multiple business units.
1989 Chase Manhattan Bank, NY, NY
(a consumer and commercial bank)
MBA – Summer Intern
1987 – Shearson Lehman Hutton (an American Express Company), NY, NY
1988 (an investment banking and retail brokerage firm)
• Improved commission management and tracking state licensing of brokers by designing and coding
• Supported successful acquisition of E.F. Hutton by integrating insurance and annuity systems.
Education and Professional Development
Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business – MBA (1990)
SUNY, University of Buffalo - B.S. in Computer Science (1986)
AIPMM Product Management Education Conference (2008)
Lean and Six Sigma Best Practices (2008)
Agile Scrum Training (2007)
Pragmatic Marketing (2004)
Intel Product Life Cycle Stage Gate (2001)
Target Account Selling (2000)