1. GUSTAVO DOS SANTOS CRUZ ROCHA
Rua Itacema, 85 aptº 81 Brazilian
4530-050 São Paulo, SP - Brazil 36 years
Tel.: (55-11) 3167- 4167 – (55-11) 9611-1908
ACTIVITIES AREAS: PROCESS / PRODUCTION / QUALITY
11 years of experience in Production, Quality, Process and Operational Excellence (area responsible for process improvement), in
manufacturing, finance, metallurgy, pulp and paper companies.
Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Black Belt and for the administrative areas.
Experience with ISO 9000:2000 implementation and certification and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Strong experience as a leader of multifunctional groups to combat the waste of raw materials, energy and utilities, with impressive results
in improving the production cycle, overtime, set-up time, productivity and processes improvement.
Experience in strategic projects of automation equipment, productive capacity expansion and increase in plant productivity.
Extensive experience in developing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and equipment qualification regarding installation,
operation and performance.
LANGUAGES: Advanced English and Intermediate Spanish
Domain of SAP/R3 and BW, Office Pack and Visio.
FORMAÇÃO ACADÊMICA - Postgraduate in Business Management and Operations - IBMEC - 2003
- Specialization in Marketing - ESPM - 1999
- Graduated in Production Engineering - UNIP – 1998
Mar/08 – May/10 BIOLAB SANUS FARMACÊUTICA Ltda.
(Large Pharmaceutical Brazilian Company, with well known brands like Biolab and Dalmatia)
▪ Corporate Industrial Engineering Supervisor
Reporting to Industrial Director, supervision of two engineers and a process analyst and leading expert groups in continues improvement
Responsible for Industrial Engineering of two production plants and the Product Development Center.
Coordination and proliferation of methodologies SMED (fast set-up), Value Stream Map and PDCA cycle.
Coordination in acquisition feasibility studies for new equipment through productive capacity analysis, supporting Engineering Projects.
Coordinating of materials packaging development for launching new products and optimization of production capacity.
Leader in the transferring of products between factories of the group, new products and equipment introduction in manufacturing plants.
Production Evaluation Schedule to determine the productive capacity in order to meet market demand.
Coordination of continuous improvement groups (Kaizen) in manufacturing plants.
Responsible for definition of the production flow, in order to optimizing productive plants resources.
Consolidation of improvements in projects and performance indicators of each industrial plant by performing critical analysis and evaluation
of the targets.
- Reduced set-up time in the bottleneck machine from 3 hours for 2 hours, without investing in the equipment.
- Increase of 120% in the operational efficiency of the equipment bottleneck.
- Project Leader for transferring the production of 94 products from “União Química Farmacêutica Nacional” to “Biolab Farmacêutica” in six
months and without financial and commercial impact in the results of Biolab.
- Increase the average productivity in 10% in Taboão da Serra Production Plant.
- Introduction of the chart of performance indicators for production lines and setting work centers goals.
Jan/03 - Dec/07 NOVARTIS BIOCIÊNCIAS S.A.
(Large Swiss Pharmaceutical Multinational Company)
▪ Senior Industrial Continuous Improvement Engineer (Jan/05 - Dec/07)
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, leading experts groups in the projects.
Responsible of contract management consultants and service providers and monitoring the market complaints.
Coordination of the introduction of the Management Programs 5S, TPM and Lean Six Sigma in the Taboão Serra Plant, which involved
leadership of multifunctional teams.
Black Belt for Lean Six Sigma projects in the Supply Chain , Engineering, HSE (Health, Safe and Environment) and Quality Assurance.
Coordination and proliferation of SMED (fast set-up), Value Stream Map and PDCA cycle.
Coordination of Small Improvements Program, focused on productive and administrative processes and TPM Office Pillar.
Development and training of operators, specialists and managers on methods and programs such as 5S, TPM, Lean Manufacturing and
Improvement Projects, through analysis and data interpretation from the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), reviewing, economic,
financial, productive, qualitative or HSE results.
Indicators development for measuring the quantitative and qualitative results of the Continuous Improvement Projects, Operational
Excellence Program and TPM Pillars.
Critical analysis and indicators monitoring: production, quality and cost through SAP BW.
2. Gustavo dos Santos Cruz Rocha_________________________________________________________________________________2/3
- Average Lead Time reduction from 18 to 12 production days.
- Optimization of non-productive materials buying process, reducing emergency purchases in 35% and adjusting the scheduled purchases
with a 25% financial gain over the previous one.
- Project leader in reducing the time for lots approval by the Compliance Area in 40%, or from 3.5 to 1.5 days, through Six Sigma.
- More than US$ 1 million return in three years, through of the implementation of the improvement projects of TPM (Total Productive
Maintenance), Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
▪ Production and Third Parties Suppliers Coordinator (Job Rotation) (Out/04 - Mar/05)
Report to Production Manager, coordinating three employees.
Coordination Contract Manufacturing Department and new customers prospecting for the medicines production in Taboão da Serra Plant.
Responsible for audit and qualification of pharmaceutical production in third parties plant.
- Development and introduction of the “Workshop Share”, whith the quality standardization outsourced services.
- Introduction of the production of a Pfizer drug in the Novartis Plant including the search of the suppliers and the production start-up,
increasing output by 400 000 units per year.
- Revision of all contracts with service providers, including product quality guarantee clauses, corporate citizenship standards and
confidentiality, adapting all contracts to the legal requirements of ANVISA and the Company guidelines.
▪ Production Control Assistant (Jul/03 - Sep/04)
Report to Production Manager.
Responsible for advising management in driving the overall strategic projects such as: to transfer the production from Mexico, Venezuela
and Argentina to Brazil; manufacture Generics in Brazil, optimization and automation of the packaging process.
Representative of the Production Area in the reengineering project for Taboão da Serra Plant in the PIP (Productivity Improvement
Program), conducted by AT Kearney.
Production Representative for introduction of SAP BW (Business Warehouse) deployments, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 and
- As PIP Project General Controller, implemented restaurant outsourcing, quality assurance improvement, increased productivity, TPM
implementation and hierarchical levels reduction. Accounting earnings around USD 5 Mi / year.
- Participation in the design for increase the production capacity of the Taboao da Serra Plant, the manufacture of generic drugs in Brazil,
starting with 1 billion to end in 5 billion tablets/year.
- The projects implementation that secured the ISO 9000, ISO1400 and OHSAS 18000 and placing the company as a finalist for the PNQ -
National Quality Award in 2005.
▪ Training Operation Technic (Jan/03 - Jul/03)
May/99 - Jan/03 AVENTIS PHARMA LTDA.
(Large French German multinational Pharmaceutical Company)
▪ Production Supervisor (Set/99 - Jan/03)
Report to Production Manager, supervising a team of 52 operators and 02 administrative assistants.
Responsible for the injectables and ointments production, managing seven cost centers, preventive maintenance, instrumentation and
critical KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
Green Belt for Six Sigma projects in the injectables and semi-solid areas.
Coordination group to combat waste of raw materials, water, energy, utilities and bureaucracy manufacturing processes.
Production Representative in the projects: New plant injectables, yield increases, packaging standardization and quality deviations
Responsible for equipment product and process validation in the Injectables Area (eye drops, liquids, jellies and semi-solid), and
development of protocols for process validation and equipment qualification to the installation, operation and performance.
Coordinating of the transferring of seven packing lines to São Paulo Plant from Suzano Plant.
Leadership of the draft amendment, optimization and start-up of production lines, machines, equipment and processes, including:
launching new products or presentations since preparation of documentation to the production star-up.
Manufacturing and packaging requirements development.
Research, approval and management of quality deviations, complaints and follow-up of the market.
Other activities: approving artwork and packaging material; 5S and security audit, risk assessment to health and safety in the workplace.
- As Optimization Project Leader, obtained 25% reduction in cycle time of production in 2001.
- As Project Leader of Technological Improvement, brought a 30% reduction in eight months in water consumption in Suzano site.
- As Leader's Combat Waste Program, considered 150 improvement projects and resulted in 10% increase in the efficiency of the electric
power, compressed gas and water consumption.
- Transferring seven of packaging lines of injectable products, ensuring deadlines and normal delivery of the products market.
- Managing 44 products to the process validation in 2001.
▪ Process Engineer (May/99 - Ago/99)
FURTHER - Manufacturing Industries Excellence in Life Science - ISPE - Engineering Pharmaceutical Innovation (2009)
TRAINING - Lean Six Sigma Congress (2009)
- Black Belt Training - Seta - Desenvolvimento Gerencial (2007)
- Set-up Fast - SMED - CGE Consulting (2006)
3. Gustavo dos Santos Cruz Rocha_________________________________________________________________________________3/3
- Introduction to Project Management - B&B Brothers (2005)
- TPM Process Leader International - CGE Consulting (2005)
- Lean Manufacturing Basics - CGE Consulting (2005)
- High Performance Organization - Aventis Leadership Program (2001)
- Leadership - Aventis Leadership Program (2001)
- Enterprise Management - FCA - Treinamento & Consult. (1998)
- Kaizen - Mercedes Benz do Brazil (1998)
- International English Program – Bentley College, Boston /USA (1995)
OTHER - Chairman of Special Committee of Youth and Counselor of Esporte Clube Pinheiros - May/02 to May/04.
ACTIVITIES - Social Youth Director of Esporte Clube Pinheiros - Sep/04 to May/07.