2. In Foreign, about 80% of the interviews are at dinner only.
Interviewer wants to know that you can socialize with your
client or not.
Manners followed by you at the dining will evaluate your
As an individual its important to know it.
3. What it is?
• Set of rules that govern expectations of the social and
dining behavior in a workplace, group or society.
• Sign of a knowledgeable professional.
5. Approaching to the Table
• Sit where the host assigns
• Help the lady to get seated.
• Take your seat from the
left side of the chair.
• Put all beepers, pagers,
and cell phones at silent
mode or turn them off .
•Position your elbows off
the table while eating and
on lap while not using your
•Make appropriate eye
• Wait until everyone is
seated before eating.
7. How to use napkins?
• Start the meal after the host unfolds his napkin.
• Napkin rests on the lap till the end of the meal.
• Don't try to clean the cutlery or wipe your face or nose with the
• The host will signal the end of the meal by placing his or her napkin
on the table.
• At the end of the meal, leave the napkin semi-folded at the left side
of the place setting.
• Wait for the HOST to order
• Don’t order the most expensive dish from the menu
• Avoid ordering the messy, hard foods such as chicken
• Don’t order drinks unless your host tell you to order so.
• Don’t order more than one drink.
9. Passing and Adding
• Food is passed from your right to left and drinks from
left to right .
• If you need to stretch for food then ask someone to pass
• Always pass pepper and salt in Pair.
11. How to use the utensils?
• Hold knife in the right
hand and fork in the
• If you want to take a
drink put down both
the utensils on the
12. While eating
• When dining with others, everyone is supposed to
start and finish at the same time.
• Do not slurp the soup or insert the whole spoon
into the mouth.
• Do not blow on the soup to cool it off.
13. • Use your fingers to remove bread from the serving
• Large sandwiches should be cut with your knife before
lifting and eating.
• It is never acceptable to ask a person why they have not
eaten all the food.
• Don't correct others if they aren't using proper etiquette.
14. How to use glasswares?
• Hold the glass by its stem.
• Do not drink when there is
still food in your mouth.
• Never turn a wine glass
upside down to decline