• Maruti Suzuki India Limited, commonly referred to as Maruti
and formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an
automobile manufacturer in India. It is a subsidiary of
Japanese automobile and motorcycle manufacturer SUZUKI.
• Maruti Suzuki manufactures and sells a complete range of cars
from the entry level ALTO, to the hatchback Swift, WagonR
and sedans SX4, DEZIRE, and SUV GRAND VITARA.
• Today, Maruti Suzuki alone makes 1.5 million cars every year.
That’s one car every 12 seconds. It has manufacturing plants
at GURGAON and MANESAR.
• The core value of the company is CUSTOMER OBSESSION.
3. Market share
• THE LATEST STATISTICS SAY THAT MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA PVT
LTD. HAS A WHOOPING 35% IN THE PASSENGER CAR
• THE MARKET SHARE OF MARUTI IS INCREASING AS THE
OVERALL INDUSTRY IS SUFFERING FROM THE BAD ECONOMIC
• THE ENTRY LEVEL SMALL CAR ALTO IS THE BEST SELLING CAR
IN ALL SEGMENTS SINCE LAST SEVEREL YEARS AND SELLS
AROUND 18000 UNITS EVERY MONTH.
• THE SECOND, THIRD AND THE FOURTH HIGHEST SELLING CARS
ARE WAGONR, SWIFT AND DEZIRE. ALL THESE ARE PRODUCTS
OF MARUTI INDIA PVT LTD.
• THE COMPANY SELLS ABOUT A MILLION UNITS PER ANNUM.
4. SALES AND SERVICE
• MARUTI INDIA UNDOUBTEDLY HAS THE BEST SALES AND
SERVICE NETWORK IN THE INDUSTRY.
• IT HAS 802 SALES OUTLETS IN 555 CITIES AND 2740
SERVICE WORKSHOPS IN 1335 CITIES. THE SERVICE
NETWORK OF THE MARUTI SUZUKI INCLUDES DEALER
WORKSHOPS, AUTHORIZED SERVICE STATIONS AND
MARUTI SERVICE ZONES WHICH SUMS UP TO 3013.
• Over 33000 personnel are engaged in the service centers
of the company.
• The company is all set to double the sales network by the
end of 2015.
5. Sales promotion and crm activities
1. CONSUMER PROMOTION ACTIVITIES
• Price packs –
• price packs are the general offers to customers of savings off the
regular price of the products.
Maruti, in spite of achieving magical figures every year consistently
offer price packs. GIFT CHEQUES AND EXCHANGE BONUSES ARE
ALWAYS OFFERED ON EVERY MARUTI CAR ALL ROUND THE YEAR.
• Premiums and gifts.
Maruti Suzuki offers accessories like alloy wheels, body cover, carpets,
door visors, fog lamps, stereo systems, seat covers and other car care
products as gifts with the higher end products.
6. • FREQUENCY PROGRAMS.
frequency programs are to reward the loyal customers of the company.
Maruti has a loyalty discount in which the company offers 2-3%
discount on the product if the buyer is already an owner of a Maruti
car. A special corporate discount is offered to employees of certain
companies on the cars.
• FREE TEST DRIVES.
The test drives are free of cost and is the best way of demonstrating a
product where the potential buyer himself drives the vehicle and
decides whether or not to buy the car.
The company provides a test drive on a telephone request at the
buyers home. So the buyers don’t even have to go to the sales outlet
for the drive but the company guys come to the buyers place.
7. • PRODUCT WARANTIES.
The warranties of the products are as high as up to 40,000 km.
This considerably reduces the cost of owning a Maruti making it
the perfect car for the middle class masses which is the target
market of most of the cars of the company.
• POINT OF PURCHASE DISPLAYS.
Displays and demonstrations are of the most importance for the
company. The company is bothered about this particular
parameter to such an extent that the dealerships are given only
after the minimum space requirements and the location
requirements are fulfilled by the applicants.
8. 2. TRADE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES.
• Price off is a straight discount off the list price or the landing
price offered to the retailers.
• Maruti offers a discount on achieving certain targets to its
dealers. The exact information on this is with the dealers and
the company but the TODs are definitely offered.
9. 3. BUSINESS AND SALES FORCE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES
• AUTO SHOWS.
Maruti is a consistent participator in the world famoues auto shows
like AUTOEXPO and Geneva motor show.
Most of its products and new launches are mainly in these mega
events in and out of India alike.
• SALES CONTEST
• Sales contest aims at inducing the dealers to increase their sales
over a stated period, with prizes going to those who succeed.
• THE DEALER OF THE YEAR AWARD is given by maruti depending on
the sales and service done the the dealers. Other prizes like cash
discounts and foreign trips are common in the company dealers.
• Maruti actually hired a number of sales executives from rural parts
and trained them to sell their cars in their regions.
10. Major sponsorships
• The first sponsor of the advertiser funded film MERE DAD KI
• Sponsors many road safety award for students and policemen.
• MARUTI ALSO SPONSORED THE ONLINE CRICKET LEAGUE
NAMED MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LEAGUE WHICH GENERATED
3.20 LAKH CLICKS.
• Sponsored the 6TH INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE and reached 7
11. CRM ACTIVITIES
MARUTI TRUE VALUE
• Maruti True Value is India's largest certified used car dealer
network with around 507 outlets spread across 302 cities.
• Maruti True Value system and process ensures that
transaction in used cars are fair and transparent .
• Every vehicle bought under Maruti True Value is inspected and
certified by Maruti Engineers . True Value category cars are
refurbished in state of art workshops using Maruti Genuine
Parts and by skilled technicians. These cars are then sold
through Maruti True Value outlets with one -year warranty
and three free services.
12. • MARUTI DRIVING SCHOOL.
Today there are over 300 MDSs nationwide, and the company
has already created 5 lakh better, more confident drivers.
AT HOME TEST DRIVE
the customer just has to give a call to the dealer and the dealer
will arrange for a test drive from your home.
ME AND MY MARUTI
This is a program where the company gives free tips to the
owners of their cars about the day to day driving, maintenance
and troubleshooting in case something goes wrong with the car.
13. • THE EXPERIENCE AT THE DEALERSHIP
The company sees to it that the customer is treated properly
and due attention is given to their queries.
They also offer advisory service in case a customer is not very
sure about which car to buy. It is a good experience to buy at
14. After sales service
• Maruti has backed the BEST SERVICE PROVIDER AWARD the
14th time this year. And it is not very surprising.
• With this tremendous penetration into the country and over
3000 service stations, it is undoubtedly the best service
provider with a daily servicing of more than 40000 cars.
• Maruti has the MOST COST EFFECTIVE genuine spare parts
available at all the service stations and also special spare part
authorized dealers. So finding a spare part of a Maruti car is
not a trouble at all. With AFTER SALES SERVICE being one of
the major concerns of the middle class people, Maruti earns
great points and the effect is seen in its sales.
• Maruti Suzuki India pvt ltd. is the biggest manufacturer of
passenger cars and holds a market share of over 35% in the
Indian market and an average export of 1lakh units per
annum. This consistent success and sustainability is achieved
by its fool-proof sales strategy, which not only involves
customers but also the dealers of the company. The CRM of
the company also is commendable and undoubtedly adds to
the growth of the company.