SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
1 - Actors – Ryan Reynolds
• Ryan Reynolds, a well known
actor who provided promotional
sources for the Deadpool film.
• He shot a number of additional
content pieces, showing
advertisement for the film by
attending promotional events
and posting on his social media
2 – Social Media
• Facebook= https://www.facebook.com/DeadpoolMovie/
• Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/deadpoolmovie/
• These three key social media apps allow fans to keep up-to-date with the latest
• These media aspects have taken over all areas of the marketing campaign .
• The marketing team for Deadpool noticed that the main fan base was coming
via those specific aspects of social media highlighting the direct, original, funny
and sometimes unpleasant character of Deadpool.
3 – Leaked Footage
• The leaked footage appeared online showing a
CGI version of Deadpool voiced by Ryan Reynolds.
• The footage was of Deadpool talking directly to
• The audience got a view of what character
Deadpool/Wade is and his personality.
• 20th Century Fox had seen how much attention
the footage was getting by fans which is what
gave the film the green light.
4 - Posters
• Several posters were
interest and excitement
in the Deadpool fans
• The posters almost raise
the expectation of the
film being a romantic
comedy making them
5 – Release date
• The UK release date for Deadpool was
10th February 2016, which was just before
the half term break for school/college
students meaning that this would be the
base target audience.
• The date was a few days before Valentines
day which works to the films advantage,
producing posters and billboards joking
about it being a ‘love story’ and ‘romantic
• This is being used as a marketing tool, the
playful and clever sense of humour,
representing the character of Deadpool.
6 - Trailers
• Official trailer:-
• Official red band trailer 2:-
• The first trailer starts off slow and then very quickly moves
into action and humour.
• Whereas the 2nd trailer is red banded so the content is
intended for more of an established audience, including basic
humour, violence and swearing.
7 – Age certificate/ Rating
• In the UK the film is rated as certificate 15, as
the film contains strong language, violence and
• In the US the film is R rated, meaning that the
viewers have to be 17 years of age or
accompanied by an adult.
• The film has been given this certificate/rating
as it’s not the average superhero film, as it has
been aimed at a more of advanced age group.
8 – IMAX Announcement
• Deadpool makes the announcement by talking to the
audience saying that “bigger is better” when watching films in
• This is encouraging the audience to see the film in IMAX,
which is more expensive than watching in normal 2D.
• The announcement very quickly moves onto violence and
9 – Billboards
• There has been a number of different billboards to
promote Deadpool, for example this billboard that
was posted by Ryan Reynolds taking advantage of
it being Valentines weekend, using it as a
marketing tool, to demonstrate some of the
humour involved in the film.
• One of the other billboards used to promote
Deadpool was really clever but so simple, the
board contained just 2 emojis and a letter, which
spelt out Deadpool.
10 – Charity
• The Deadpool campaign worked alongside a cancer charity,
posting PSA’s on checking for cancer.
• Deadpools character, Wade Wilson was diagnosed with cancer
and within the film he makes puns and jokes turning a
sad/depressing situation into one that can crack a smile.
• Testicular cancer awareness:-
• Breast cancer awareness:-