1. Yolanda R. Harris, MBA
• Over 15 years’ experience in all facets of Accounting including financial reporting, GL, Month end/ Quarter end close, SOX
Compliance, SEC Reporting, GAAP, financial analysis and documentation.
• Industry experience includes Entertainment, Education, Manufacturing, Marketing and Non-Profit.
• SAP, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Excel, Blackline, Access, AS400 (ESS), Cognos, QuickBooks, ReportNet, JD Edwards
• Advanced Excel i.e. pivot tables, vlookups, macros
• Unique blend of exceptional technical skills – hardware, software and networking
February 2012 – Present Los Angeles, CA
Resources Global Professionals
(Manufacturing, Research, Entertainment, Marketing Accounting Consultant/ Interim Controller)
• Prepare income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements and financial reports.
• Manage closing cycles, including review /approval of journal entries and accruals, reconcile financial system modules, and
analyze balance sheet variances
• Perform general ledger account reconciliations
• Interface with multiple departments on all matter related to accounting and finance offering ongoing operational and financial
• Work directly with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits. Partner with auditors to make
sure requested schedules and information is received accurately and timely.
• Support the daily and monthly operational accounting activities such as cash management, accounts payable, and accounts
• SEC Reporting
December 2012 – May 2013 CBRE El Segundo, CA
Finance and Accounting Consultant
• Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger
and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
• Prepared income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and
management reference for a subsidiary.
• Analyzed reports and records, made recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
• Prepared balance sheet reconciliations.
• Created month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
• Conducted basic financial analysis.
• Provided informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
• Prepared several Month-end and Quarterly schedules: Deferred Financing Cost Amortization, Leaseholds Depreciation, License
Agreement Amortization and Interco Expense Tracking
• Prepared monthly corporate overhead allocations
• Answered questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including
profit and loss reports. Researched open accounting issues.
• Created Desktop Procedures for several Processes (Corporate Allocations, Leasehold Depreciation, License Agreement
Amortization, Interco Expense Tracking, Deferred Financing Cost Amortization, and Subsidiary Accounting and Financial
2. Statements preparation
October 2008 – November 2011 Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Pasadena, CA
Manager of Accounting
• Managed closing cycles, including review journal entries and accruals, reconcile financial system modules, and analyze balance
• Planned, organize and coordinate monthly financial statements review, and annual audits of financial statements
• Sox compliance (adherence and documentation)
• Analyzed and address budget variances
• Developed and direct accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
• Directed and coordinate month-end close process
• Maintained and reconcile fixed assets schedules
• Interfaced with multiple departments on all matter related to accounting and finance offering ongoing operational and financial
• Prepared and present monthly financial statements to senior management leadership team
• Supervised a staff of 5 to direct and oversee all aspects of Accounting functions according to GAAP; and all posting to Student
Accounts are accurate and timely.
• Reviewed and approve monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
• Worked directly with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits
• Managed all functions of Student Accounts (fund accounting, revenue postings, tuition billing, program transfer calculations, re-
entry calculations, cash collections, customer service, etc.)
January 1995 – September 2008 The Walt Disney Company Burbank, CA
Senior Accounting Manager 4/04 – 9/08 Accounting Supervisor 4/98 – 3/01
Accounting Manager 4/01 – 3/04 Senior Financial Analyst 1/95 – 3/98
• Assisted in the preparation of consolidated financial reporting package including financial statements and cash flow in
accordance with GAAP
• Assisted with the preparation of monthly management reports, including financial variance analysis of actual versus
• Assisted in the preparation of 10k schedules
• Performed extensive testing in SAP financial systems including system conversions, system upgrades, and new business
process changes; instructed twelve SAP training classes (I was an SAP Super user)
• Managed quarterly closing cycles, including review/approval of journal entries and accruals and financial system
• Assisted with daily and monthly operational accounting activities, including cash management and reporting, accounts
payable, month-end close, account and bank reconciliations, and sales and property tax filings
• Ensured the accuracy of work prepared by other accounting staff members
• Assisted in the external audit of the financial statements and preparation of annual tax returns
• Ensured proper application of internal controls to maintain the integrity of financial reports
• Interfaced with other departments to ensure accounting issues are properly addressed; liaison between Burbank
accounting team and regional office finance teams
• Directed interaction with executives companywide
• Sox compliance lead for revenue and APR expenses (amortization, participation & residuals)
• Reported foreign exchange gains and losses for revenue and APR expenses
• Reviewed and approve monthly balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations
• Managed revenue ultimate reporting
3. • Prepared 3rd
Party Royalty Reports for 15+ Production Companies
• Reported quarterly by title Revenue and Expense results to Producer Groups (Touchstone, Pixar & Miramax)
• Prepared monthly Program Rights & Licensing roll-forward
• Supervised and mentored staff of 2, Financial Analyst and Senior Financial Analyst
M.B.A – University of Redlands
Bachelor of Science (Accounting) - California State University, Northridge