Brazil lacks an API Ecosystem
• Payment API's, logistics tracking systems and public data API’s are outdated and
Boletos and Installments are MUST-HAVES
• 30% of e-commerce transactions occur using “boletos”. Shoppers will print out a
serial code and then pay at a local corner store or ATM.
• Although these methods of payment seem archaic, e-commerce startups
incentivize consumers to shop online by oﬀering payment plans with a high
number of “parcelas” (installments.)
• “Brazilians are buying shampoo with a boleto or paying for it in parcelas over 6
3g is really 1g
• Operators are only obliged to oﬀer 30% of the contracted speed!
“Brazilian entrepreneurs in the mobile space need to spend a lot more time optimizing
applications to function well with limited connectivity.” @wheretodrew
@2014 All Rights ReservedJoin us: @WorldStartupRpt