7 Chamomile Drive, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8FJ
Mobile: 07853 915785
E mail: email@example.com
I am a customer and client centric, results driven Operational and Development Executive, driving an inspirational
leadership style to my varied 30 year career within the shared service, facilities management, hospitality and food
service contracting industry, driving customer experience, operational excellence and financial performance. More recent
experience developing and delivery of customer experience strategy in the shared service arena. Expertise includes:
developing and managing a quality customer experience, commercial awareness and proven financial acumen with the
delivery of budgets in £25million turnover business, HR management with the manpower management of teams up to
400 members, and innovation with the development of a wide number of food and consumer focussed food brands and
concepts, and Client Relations and Customer Experience strategy in shared service environment. Possessing excellent
leadership and communication skills at all levels, managing stakeholder engagement and personable with highly
developed client and team skills ensuring success in developing business, operational arena and business development,
with a drive for continuous improvement and striving for business excellence.
Leadership, Customer Experience, Client Engagement, Strategy, Operational Management, Team Management, Project
Management, Business Development, Presentation, Marketing, Innovation, Financial Acumen, Business Control, Training
and Development, Communication, Resilience, Tenacity, Change Positive, Corporate Governance, Advocacy, Coaching,
Mentoring, Event Management, Continuous Improvement
Business Services 2013 –
Client Services Business Partner / Head of Customer Experience
A trusted business partner to both the Senior Client and BBWS Lines of Business through ensuring overall effective
management of the demand pipeline, strong engagement with key stakeholders/customers/clients and effective delivery
of shared services for the Balfour Beatty Group.
• Development and delivery of Customer Experience strategy to drive customer service performance in relation to internal
and external customers, driving a 2 year plan to approach and improve customer services standards, processes and
engagement, in a shared service environment
• Owning the ‘Moment of Truth’ concept for the customer – ensuring that the customer always experiences a quality,
consistent first contact with Business Services, delivering a business case to consolidate customer contact teams, consistent
and improved customer journey, and driving the customer POSITIVE culture
• Delivering effective stakeholder management through Business Partner to the Senior Clients and stakeholders within each
division and business unit and internal shared service lines through ensuring overall effective management of the demand
pipeline, strong engagement with key stakeholders/customers/clients and effective delivery of shared services for the
Balfour Beatty Group.
• Drive engagement and effective development and delivery of Joint Business Plans between shared service and Client:
develop the plan with line of business and Client, monitor effective address of agreed priorities, effective management of
escalations and account development.
• Active member of leaders group, driving cultural change and continuous improvement change through the organisation
Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions 2011 – 2013
Head of Customer and Community
National company within Balfour Beatty, responsible for the care and maintenance of essential utility infrastructure and
• Development and delivery of national customer and community strategy, for major utility service delivery company, driving
customer satisfaction, training and development of customer centric culture and activities
• Strategic and Operational management of 24/7 customer contact management centre, delivering end to end process
management for customer contact, internal process control, improving customer experience
• Development and delivery of community and charity activity programme, including major event management, raising £100k
for charities in this year
• Strategy, governance and policy control for three business sectors within the operating company of £600 million T/O,
improving customer satisfaction and complaint reduction by 15%
Romec Ltd ( Balfour Beatty Group ) 2009 – 2011
Innovation and Bid Support Group Manager
National Facilities Management company, delivering a wide range of services, including Fire & Security, Cleaning &
Office Management, Building Services, Manufacturing, Print and National Projects. Responsibility for designing,
delivering and managing an Innovation Centre, to showcase and demonstrate the diverse product and service delivery
capability, delivering new and organic business growth.
• Management of a team of Technical Innovation Managers, responsible for the market sourcing, evaluation and introduction
of new product development, to support each of the product sectors
• Design development and management of the Innovation Centre, providing a dynamic and exciting showcase facility, to
engage the Business Development teams , in new and organic growth opportunities, driving organic growth by 5%
• Innovation Centre successfully shortlisted to BIFM award standard for 2010
• Management of the bid process and Bid Support team, for the execution of quality, innovative bid documents, to all market
sectors, improving success conversion rates by 20%
P&A FOOD MANAGEMENT SERVICES February 2008 – Dec 2008
Head of Operations
Independent Foodservice, delivering contract catering services to clients in the Business and Industry and Education
sectors. Overall responsibility for 40 plus contracts, to the value of 8million turnover.
• Full responsibility of Operational Management team to deliver and develop catering services within fixed price and cost plus
• Development and implementation of business processes to drive quality, value and efficiencies within the business
• P&L responsibility to manage and drive efficiencies to costs and operational standards
COMPASS GROUP PLC 1994 – Jan 2008
Retail Services Director – ESS – Head of Marketing 2005 – Jan 2008
Leading a team of seven, developing and delivering a wide range of marketing tools to the business engaged in the
provision of foodservice and soft facilities management contracts to a diverse client base including, Healthcare,
Education, Defence and Government.
• Deliver a portfolio of bespoke offers in the food and retail arena, whilst providing the tools and support, to promote, measure
and implement, into the variety of market sectors, to drive annual Turnover of £500 million.
• Influence senior management teams in all aspects of the foodservice product and delivery, to drive quality retail sales, and
• Developed and delivered food concepts within each market sector, improving sales volume and customer satisfaction, by 5%
year on year.
• Implemented extensive customer and client research programmes, to measure satisfaction levels and drive new business
solutions, to support new business growth.
• Implemented a centrally managed EPOS system into key contracts, to manage and report sales data.
• Controlled National promotion programme, to successfully drive retail sales and consumer satisfaction levels, increasing sales by
2% year on year.
• Analyse Market Insight information to influence the marketing activity by sector, to drive consumer focused food solutions, and
influence sales growth.
Operations Director - ESS 2004 –2005
Managed a team, who provided catering and cleaning services to the National Police and Prison organisations, circa £25
million turnover per annum. Planned and managed all the aspects for the delivery of a quality, safe, qualitative and cost
effective service, to a client base of 30.
• Delivered quality service contracts, to a variety of fixed cost, cost plus and management fee contracts, within catering and
• Successfully directed the business, reviewing cost base, in relation to food, manpower and
• overheads, to successfully achieve challenging financial performance, to deliver a 15% conversion business.
• Reviewed all manpower aspects, which resulted in the appointment of strong management teams, and the reconciliation of
manpower strategy, which delivered efficiency savings of 5% year on year.
• Demonstrated effective management of the client base resulting in growth Client Satisfaction levels of 7% year on year.
• Development of innovative and consumer focused foodservice solutions and concepts to drive the retail business volumes by
5% year on year.
• Influenced and coached the sales team in the sales strategy and process for new business gains.
• Key member of the Management Board, influencing in the development and strategic direction of the business, within ESS; in
the region of £120million turnover.
Retail Services Manager, Government Services 1999 –2004
Delivered all Brands and Marketing activity for a business of £120 million annual turnover. Client base included:
Education, Ministry of Defence, Police and HMP Prisons. Drove retail solutions and disciplines into a business which had
been historically cost managed.
• Developed and maintained a selection of innovative and consumer focussed food brands and concepts for each market sector
• Introduced Marketing initiatives to drive volume growth, through promotion and merchandising campaigns, driving retail sales
by 2% year on year.
• Managed the Food development team, to deliver a successful menu and recipe database management system, effectively
controlling GP budgets.
• Controlled Purchasing compliance for vendors and products, which resulted in 10% plus compliance improvement.
• Directed the Co-ordination of external franchised brands, including implementation, operating standards and audit, delivering
average 90% compliance levels.
• Delivered the provision of training support, product development and operating formats for brands and concepts, improving
audit scores by average 5%.
• Influenced the sales tender process to identify and model retail solutions, particular focus within the PAYD (Pay as you Dine )
tender activity, in Defence market.
• Introduced an innovative Consumer research programme, subsequently adopted as standard business measurement process,
achieving 5% improvement in satisfaction year on year.
DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
Contract Manager - Scolarest 1990 - 1998
Durham County Council school, annual turnover of £9.5 million and a portfolio of 420 mixed primary and secondary
schools, employing a team of 1500 employees, focus was to plan and manage all aspects of the catering contract.
• Led budget and management responsibility for labour management, food service, health and safety, client relationships and all
contract operating standards, delivering budget successfully.
• Key member of the senior management team within Scolarest contributing to business development, business and strategic
planning, during a period of growth and change, in the Education market.
GARDNER MERCHANT 1988 - 1989
Managed a variety of business and industry contracts; delivering quality food service and vending operations, within
fixed cost and cost plus contracts.
SWALLOW HOTEL 1988
Completed training of all hospitality functions in a 4 star hotel
Leeds Polytechnic - BA Hons Degree – Food and Accommodation Management 1984 - 1988