1. First Term Examination
Paper (Biology) class 9th
Time 20 minutes
Note : Attempt all questions of section a by filling the corresponding bubble on the MCQS response sheet.
1. A car engine was fuel for work to do. To cry out functions , a living cell uses
a. Heat energy b. generator c. Electric power d. ATP
2. Trypsin , an enzymes, work at
a. alkaline PH b. acidic PH c. neutral d. PH doesnot affects its activity
3. Inside a bacterial cell, glycolysis occurs in
a. cytoplasm b. mitochondria c. nucleoid d. mesosome
4. The chemical which are involved as catalysts inside the living bodies are
a. proteins b. facts c. starch d. carbohydrates
5. One of the following may not be required for respiration
a. oxygen b. food molecule c. enzyme d. co2
6. The non protein molecules required y enzyme for their action
a. cofactor b. coenzyme c. substrate d. holoenzyme
7. Enzyme molecule alert the shape of active site according to
a. Lord and key model b. induced fit model c. both of them d. none of them
8. Arobic respiration is completed int---- steps
a. 6 b. 5 c. 4 d.3
9. Anarobic respiration is completed into --------- types
a. 2 b.3 c.4 d.5
10. The concentration of co2 falls down in the mesophyll tissue. The rate of photosynthesis is
a. lower down b. fast up c. no change d. normal
11. Most enzymes function between a PH of
a. 6----8 b. 4----5 c. 1-----3 d. non of these
12. Organic molecule which are not permanently attact to the enzymes is called
a.Coenzymes b. holoenzymes c. activators d. non of them
2. SECTION B
Attempt any 8 0f the following short questions
All questions carries equal marks ?
Q.1 Differentiate between lock and key model and the induced fit model ?
2. Why ATD regarded as the currency of the living cell?
3. Compare latic acid fermentation with alcoholic fermentation?
4. What is ment by denaturation of enzymes ?
5. How are enzymes specific for substrate ?
6. Draw the structure of ATD molecule?
7. Write the comparision between photosynthesis and respiration?
8. Write the factor that affect the rate of enzyme action?
9. What is the mechanism of enzyme action?
10. Define photosynthesis? Write its importance ?
11. Describe the structure or chloroplast ?
Attempt any three of the following questions in detailed . All questions carries equal marks .
Q. 1 Define photosynthesis and also explain the mechanism of photosynthesis?
2. Define respirstion and why is aerobic respiration. Considered to be more efficient then aerobic
3. What is the cocept of the limiting factor ? what are the different limiting factors for phtosynthessis ?
4. (a) Write the various properties of enzymes ?
(b) How enzymes lower the activation energy ?