3. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Global Food Consulting (GFC) is a boutique agency operating within the global hospitality and food retail sectors,
with specialist knowledge in the South East Asian territory.
Our highly experienced team brings a unique blend of creative flair, operational experience and commercial
acumen, gained from over 20 years in the field.
With offices in London, Hong Kong, and Singapore, we offer a truly global approach to all our projects.
Whether it’s creating a new retail brand or providing strategic advice to government agencies, we provide a
bespoke service to our clients combined with a deep understanding of what drives success in today’s challenging
4. Stephen has over 22 years experience working with some of the world’s most
iconic retail & hospitality brands and specializes in new concept development,
brand creation and brand strategy. During the last 18 years he has worked with
some of the most recognizable and iconic brands including: Marks & Spencer,
Blanc Restaurants, Harvey Nichols, Nobu, Hediard, Nigella Lawson, Selfridges,
Stephen began his career with Blanc Restaurants at the two Michelin starred Le
Manoir Aux Quat Saisons, before moving to London to run the food and
beverage function for the Metropolitan hotel, Nobu restaurant & Met Bar brands.
Stephen took over as Head of Buying - food & restaurant division at Selfridge &
Co in 1998, where he over saw an annual budget of £65million sterling and was
responsible for all global sourcing, supply chain and new store development.
After successfully opening stores in Manchester and Birmingham, he moved to
Hong Kong as the International Food and Wine Director for Hutchison Group -
Hong Kong & China, running a HKD $2.5 billion business in the region.
Stephen returned to London in 2006 to develop Global Food Consulting
together with a select team of industry professionals. Working exclusively
through referral, GFC has developed a high profile client base ranging from
Government agencies, celebrity chefs through to iconic retailers and leading
5. Monica has over 25 years experience in the International Food & Beverage
sector. She graduated from University of Beijing with a diploma in Hospitality and
Catering Management and a B.A Degree in Hotel & Tourism Management from
Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
She has held various senior management positions with leading brands such as;
Shangri-la hotels and resorts, Jumeirah International, Planet Hollywood and El
Grande group Hong Kong.
Monica worked across the United States as a key member of opening
management before moving to the post of Senior Operation manager in Planet
Hollywood Hong Kong. She was Area General Manager of El Grande Holdings
Ltd for their chain of 16 Western restaurants and bars. In 2003, Monica took a job
offer in Jemeirah International Dubai, to re-launch the iconic Vu’s bar in Emirates
Towers Hotel. Then she was head-hunted back to Hong Kong by Hutchison
Whampoa Group, as General Manager of the new luxury food hall Gourmet.
Monica joined GFC in 2006 and looks after operations and new business
development across all our offices.
MONICA YAO, OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
6. THE TEAM
JOHANNA TOH – SINGAPORE OFFICE
A recent addition to the GFC team, Johanna has over 15 years of
marketing and business management experience cutting across
hospitality, retail and payments industries. She holds a degree in
Business Management and Marketing, Bradford University UK and also
a MBA from Imperial College UK.
A self-driven and determined individual, Johanna started her career as
a sponsored student, working through the rank and file to her last
position as a senior executive. Her working experience spans from
managing marketing communications activities for The Singapore Hotel
Association, to leading new business development growth areas for the
Singapore Post Limited Retail Division.
In her last position, she was the Head of Sales and Marketing with EZ-
Link Pte Ltd, the largest CEPAS provider in Singapore where she
worked closely with retail merchants, banks, scheme partners and
government agencies in Singapore. She lead her teams to launch NFC
with EZ-Link payment in Singapore and also AMEX’s first prepaid card
in Asia – THE IMAGINE CARD – in 2013. Another accolade includes
winning the prestigious Card Asia’s Best Prepaid Card Award for EZ-
Link’s FEVO, a prepaid MASTERCARD product in 2014.
7. Justina has been with GFC for 5 years and brings strong organizational and
project management skills gained within both finance and food sectors.
Justina graduated from Vilnius University in Economics and is currently studying
hard for her Masters degree in International Finance and Investment.
During her time working in the investment banking and latterly food and retail
sector, Justina has worked in various teams undertaking detailed market
research, assisting in planning and launching major promotional activities and
opening new Pop Up retail and dining concepts.
Justina joined GFC UK in 2011 and oversees research and new market
JUSTINA DEVEIKYTE, FINANCIAL ANALYST
8. Tu has extensive experience in the Hotel Hospitality Industry in Bangkok and
In Sydney, Tu had a great opportunity to work with Continental Patisserie as an
office administrator to deal with day to day tasks and ad hoc duties. Later, Tu
worked at Darling Harbour as an assistant to organize the function room and
events. Tu also traveled and visited many places in Australia before returning to
Thailand and also spent a short period working at the Ambassador Jomtien Hotel
as a Senior Secretary to the Managing Director.
Tu moved to UK after getting married and worked with the British Red Cross as a
volunteer, helping in the Accounting Department while passing NVQ Level 4 for
Accounting. Working at Hayes Jarvis, her duties included the payment to
Airlines, both Charters Schedules flight, and all the suppliers in South East Asia.
TU PERKINS, CONSULTANT – UK OFFICE
9. Tanya started her career in Buying for Eurodix, providing the supply of citrus
fruits to UK's largest multiples. She joined Selfridges in 2001 as buying
manager for fresh food, where she oversaw the opening of Selfridges
Birmingham and Selfridges Exchange food halls.
From 2005 Tanya moved into the specialist role of buying manager for grocery
and confectionery, building a commercially viable and world renowned
ambient department within the food halls.
In 2009 for Selfridges centenary anniversary, Tanya worked with Coca Cola
on a world first for both Coke and Selfridges, to create the iconic pantone
109c Yellow Selfridges Coca Cola bottle. This successful joint partnership has
led to numerous further exclusive launches with Coke – Olympic Coke 2012
and Marc Jacobs 2013.
Tanya has been responsible for some of retail's most talked about exclusive
launches - Willies Venezuelan black and Western Europe's first ever
In 2010 Tanya was promoted into the role of Project Manager for the
proposed Oxford Street new food hall and, was responsible for identifying
brands and concepts for the new space and delivering a commercial and
space planning proposition for the entire project.
Tanya's knowledge and experience not only covers high end food retailing
and project execution but, through her extensive travels and research, has her
finger firmly on the pulse of on trend food concepts.
10. Michelle Poon, Administration Support Manager
Michelle has recently joined the GFC team in May 2016 and is responsible for
general administration and support for the business including all Human Resource
duties, helping to oversee all staff employed in Hong Kong as well as account
management and support wherever needed.
Angie Fong, Brand Manager
Angie has been with GFC since early 2015 and has since helped GFC on
management and growth of the various client brands including the premium tea
brands of Kusmi, LOV Organic and Or Tea.
Alfred Lam, Operation Manager
Alfred joined GFC in late 2015 and looks after the operations of our various food
counters and sales points in Hong Kong including the leading supermarket, Park n
Shop and Hong Kong’s premier food store, Great Food Hall
11. At GFC, we work with a wide variety of clients ranging from government agencies,
world renowned retailers, celebrity chefs, Iconic brands to SME’s and start-ups. Here
are just a few of our previous clients and current clients:
12. At GFC we focus on building real, tangible value for our clients through a simple, results driven approach.
Whether delivering a turn key operation for a new retail concept or providing strategic business advice, our
comprehensive list of services allows you to choose the right solution to suit your business.
Our services include:
1. Insight, Trend Forecasting Research
2. Brand Strategy Planning
3. Brand Management Business Development
4. New Concept Creation
5. Product Development Range Planning
6. Global Product Sourcing Supply Chain Development
7. Fundraising Business Matching
8. Promotion Events
9. Business Audits Change Management
13. We provide industry intelligence that goes beyond traditional quantitative and qualitative research. At GFC, we draw
on our unique global knowledge to help our clients identify new market potential through trend forecasting and
Typical areas include:
• Creative workshops
• Bespoke “Gastro tours”
• New product tracking
• Consumer insight
• Industry analysis by sector
14. Whether its working with a 150 year old luxury food retailer or developing a 21st century British retail concept, GFC
has unrivalled expertise in building brand value.
The areas we typically cover include:
• Defining overall brand positioning
• Identifying key brand attributes
• Developing effective communication and marketing tools
• Identifying target markets
• Creating focused and measurable growth strategies
• Quantifying market opportunity supported by quantitative
and qualitative data
• Defining entry strategies for brands looking to break into
• Quantifying barriers to entry, including overcoming technical
issues such as labeling and ingredients compliance
• Planning routes to market, including logistic advice supply
2. BRAND STRATEGY
15. With our global network GFC can provide a range of services from simple business matching, to a full supply chain
and distribution solution. We work alongside the client to develop and manage existing brands into specific territories.
These include; consumer brands, restaurant concepts and branded retail formats.
The territories covered include - UK, France, Germany,
Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Thailand .
Marketing and PR – including events and promotional
Fund raising – including sourcing JV partners,
Identification and negotiation with distributor retailers
Mobilization – including staff training, operational
guidelines, and project management.
3. BRAND MANAGEMENT
16. Having opened world renowned food halls, branded pub chains, Michelin starred restaurants and iconic bars both in
UK and Asia, we understand the delicate mix of creative brilliance, operational know how and commercial focus,
required to deliver a successful concept. We work with the client to lay the foundations for a successful launch,
• Concept planning - defining the food beverage offer, brand identity, service proposition
• Concept design - including detailed design, technical specifications costing, detailed layout and M E
• Full financial planning including fundraising lease financing
• Build process - including full project management
• Staffing - recruitment, training operation manual
• Marketing PR - including promotional calendar media launch
4. NEW CONCEPT CREATION
17. We work with clients to develop new brands or additions to existing
ranges. Providing a comprehensive offer, from market research
through to distribution solutions.
Some of our services include:
• Audit of existing range performance
• Analysis of existing market identifying competitors
• Define range architecture, number of SKU’s
• Set price positioning
• Create brand identity, logo colour palette
• Develop packaging formats
• Create marketing launch program
5. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
18. Having sourced over 1,000 exclusive products from all over the world, GFC will bring unrivalled expertise in the
areas of product sourcing and supply chain development not only in the UK Europe, but also across Asia and
developing markets, allowing clients to gain access to innovative new products packaging formats.
Our international network of consolidators and suppliers can also provide a total solution from factory to gate. We
will act both as a proactive sourcing agent to bring new ideas to our clients alongside responding to specific
Through our Food Technical team we will also provide advice on labeling ingredients compliance. Our extensive
sector knowledge gives clients a unique edge over the competition and speed to market.
6. GLOBAL PRODUCT SOURCING
SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT
19. GFC is perfectly placed to bring new business opportunities to the
market. We provide a value added solution, ranging from provision of
funding and JV opportunities, through to a full management solution
• Property search
• Supply chain solutions
• Design build
• Project management
• Staff recruitment training
20. Over the last 12 years GFC has developed an enviable reputation for creating and staging some of London's leading
food and drink promotions, including, Senses of Thailand in Selfridges July 2011 and Taste Lab - Harvey Nichols
December 2010 - September 2011. We specialize in creating high impact events with Government agencies through to
boutique food and drink brands.
8. PROMOTIONS EVENTS
Some of our partners include:
• Singapore Government (International Enterprise)
• Royal Thai Government
• Bord Bia
• Visit Sweden
• Harvey Nichols
• Selfridges Co
21. Through our experienced team we are able to offer a full range of services including:
• Creative direction and full concept creation
• Brand creation, including logos, colour schemes and production of all printed collateral
• Fixture design and build, including display fixtures through to full Pop Up restaurant
• Product sourcing, including full supply chain support and logistics
• Cooking schedule planning, including demonstrations and tastings
• Full project management, including client liaison
• PR and Marketing including creation of online and printed media
8. PROMOTIONS EVENTS
22. Having run and operated international retail and restaurants
business in Asia, UK and Europe, the team at GFC have
brought their experience and knowledge to some of the
industry's most iconic brands including:
• Marks and Spencer
• Hediard SA
• Harvey Nichols
• Lane Crawford
• Staunton’s Group
9. BUSINESS AUDITS
23. Our creative and hands on approach allows us to appraise and evaluate existing businesses to provide new insight
and practical solutions. Typical services include:
9. BUSINESS AUDIT
• Benchmark study (measuring against
performance and competitors)
• Staff appraisal
• Financial performance evaluation
• Qualitative audit (food quality, service
• Operational review (staff and procedures)
• Location study (performance by outlet)
• Staff restructuring