2. The term “21st century” has become the
central part of educational thinking and
planning for the future. Administrators
and Teachers are actively searching for
ways to prepare students for the future,
and the educational system has been
evolving faster than ever before.
3. Student-centered learning is strongly
encouraged in the 21st century, this does not
mean that the teacher can never give a lecture
Education is no longer about listening to the
teacher talk and absorbing the information.
Students would gather information on their own
Teacher would act as a facilitator for the students
4. Students must learn how to collaborate
They should be encouraged to work
together to discover information, piece
it together, and construct meaning.
Collaboration should also be dynamic.
5. Student-centered does not mean that the
teacher gives up all control of the classroom.
Students are encouraged to learn in different
ways, the teacher still provides guidance as
to skills that need to be acquired.
Technology is a tool, a way for fact-based
learning and allows students to do lot of the
research using the Internet and various tools.
6. • Technology allows for 24/7 access to
• Constant social interaction
• Easily created and shared digital content
8. • Knowledge of core content is
necessary, but no longer sufficient,
for success in a competitive world.
• Used comprehensively, technology
helps students develop 21st century
9. To keep pace with a changing world, schools need to
• engaging opportunities for students to learn-and to
apply their knowledge and skills in meaningful ways.
Used comprehensively, technology supports new
research-based approaches and promising practices
in teaching and learning.
10. To be effective in schools and classroom,
teachers and administrators need training tools
and proficiency in 21st century skills
Used comprehensively, technology transforms
standards and assessments, curriculum and
instruction, professional development, learning
environments, and administration.
11. 1. Improvement of
2. Analysis of the Teaching-
3. Improvement of
4. Enhancing Goals of
5. Training to Teachers
6. Development of
7. Development of
9. Development of Audio-
10.Help in Overall
11.Identification of Needs
of the Community
12. Educational Technology analyses the
process of teaching thoroughly.
It tries to find out the different variables of
teaching, their interlinks, effects upon each
other relationships, theories of teaching
phases of teaching principles of teaching,
maxims of teaching etc.
13. Educational Technology aims at analyzing
the process of teaching-learning
It tries to find out the different
variables of teaching their interlinks
effects upon each other relationship
It is also concerned with various phases
14. Educational Technology analyses the process
of learning and the related theories.
It facilitates more and more of learning in less
time. It takes the help of various empirically
established generalizations from:
• Physical sciences
• Engineering and etc.
15. The objectives of education are being
reviewed and revised with the passage
Educational Technology helps in
finding out the right objectives.
Everything in this universe undergoing
tremendous changes and with a very
16. The changed type of environment with
new curriculum and new materials is to be
handled by the teachers.
Right type of training to the teachers is
the need of the hour.
17. o Keeping in view the objectives of education,
which have been finalized by education
technology thereafter, comes the question of
developing right type of curriculum.
o Curriculum is the total teaching-learning
environment, which has to be modified and
remodeled in the light of latest thoughts.
o Educational technology can do this job of
developing a suitable curriculum
18. Teaching-learning materials are also as
important as anything else in the teaching-
learning process. They have to be in
accordance with the environment of the
In this age of science and technology, the
materials of teaching cannot be
unscientific. Everything in the society
including values of life need be reflected in
19. • A strategy plays an important role in the
hands of a teacher in every teaching-
learning situation. The strategy has to be
the right one, which should be according
to the materials and is able to bring about
effective teaching learning.
20. Audio-Visual aids have always played an
important role in the teaching-learning process.
They need to be used according to the times.
The software aids, the hardware aids, the
computer and other such appliances,
equipment and etc.
Computer Assisted Instructions will help the
learner as well as the teacher to achieve the
goals of education more conveniently.
21. • Educational Technology helps in locating the
problems in the different areas of education.
• It also helps in remedying the draw-backs.
Evaluation of teaching-learning process is
also made better because through feedback,
things are improved thoroughly and there is
better control over the process of education.
22. • Educational technology identifies the
needs of the community. It helps in
providing equal education opportunities to
backward people, disadvantaged students
and deprived sections of the society.
• Educational technology aims at identifying
the needs of the community from time to