1. Shailesh Pugalia
Mobile: +91 9867739540 / Phone: +91 22 29661506
Date of Birth : 6th November’1975
Permanent Address: 6B/1506, Sapphire Heights, Lokhandwala Township, Akurli Road, Kandivali (East), Mumbai – 400 101.
To be a part of an Organization with immense opportunity for energy driven & highly motivated professional to channelize skill &
experience towards addition to Enterprise Value.
Senior Manager with around 12 years’ post-qualification experience in Reliance Group.
Hands on experience in General Accounting, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable & Credit Management.
Involved in Financial Planning, Budgeting exercise & MIS Control.
Project Expenditure Analysis & Capitalisation towards various Assets.
Meeting Financial Requirements of business with help of support tools like Cash Flow Statement & Rolling Working Capital Plan &
ensure effective management of short-term funds.
Co-ordinating & Liasioning with Auditors & resolving their queries & informational needs.
Co-ordinating with Shared Service/COE – Taxation related to VAT, Service Tax & TDS Compliance for business consideration
under relevant statute.
Currently working at Reliance Corporate IT Park Ltd (November 2011 till Date)
Responsibilities & Achievements as Team Manager – Real Estate (July 2015 till Date)
• Preparation of Financial Projection & Budget for new business.
• Coordinating with COE-Indirect Taxation & Operations for VAT & Service Tax Registration & Revenue billing format.
• Revenue Billing Design in SAP & Customer Master Data Configuration with Master Data Management Team.
• Revenue Accounting & Reconciliation.
• Vendor Invoice Processing & Payments Monitoring.
• Managing PR Creation, Purchase Order & Work Order Creation.
• Setting up of Accounting System & MIS Designing.
Responsibilities & Achievements as Senior Manager – Oil & Gas E&P Project Accounts (November 2013 to June 2015)
• Ensuring Vendor Invoices are booked in time & Payments are released within due dates.
• Monitoring Processing of Vendor Invoices from Pricing, Taxation & Commercial aspects of Contracts.
• Supervising GRN creation, Service Entries preparation, Liquidated Damages calculation, WHT deductions & final payments.
2. • Managing Monthly Budget-Line specific Project Expenditure Statement for development fields to Government Authorities.
• Analysing Project Expenditure & Allocation of Expenditure towards various Assets (New & Existing additions) & Capitalisation.
Responsibilities & Achievements as Senior Manager – Accounts with Reliance Ports & Terminals (November 2011 – October 2013)
• Preparation of Financial Statements with supporting schedules.
• Review & Analysis of Financial Statements with reasons reporting to Management.
• Co-ordination & Liasioning with Statutory & Tax Auditors with respect to Finalisation of Accounts.
• Monitoring Accounts Closing Activities including Book Entries, Reconciliation, Statutory Payments & Balance Confirmation.
• Supervising Reconciliation of Inter-Group Transactions & Balances & Preparation of Related Party Disclosures.
• Preparation of Quarterly Advance Tax Working.
• Managing TDS Certificates distribution to Vendors & TDS Certificates Collection from Customers.
Worked at Reliance Global Management Services Ltd (September 2004 to October 2011)
Responsibilities & Achievements as Manager – Accounts with Reliance Gas Transportation (November 2009 – October 2011)
• Preparation of Final Accounts with supporting schedules.
• Co-ordination & Liasioning with Auditors with respect to Accounts Finalisation & routine audit work.
• Monitoring Accounts Closing Entries, Investment Schedule & Asset Register including scheduling Depreciation Run.
• Maintaining TDS Provision on Open Service entries.
• Handling Information requirements for Assessment Orders/Notices under Income -Tax Act.
Responsibilities & Achievements as Manager – Polymers Business Accounts with RIL (September 2004 – October 2009)
• Preparation of Monthly Business Performance Presentation emphasizing scope for improvement & other vital issues for action.
• Determining on right product-mix to optimize gain on fast-moving grades & avoid inventory pile-up of slow-moving grades.
• Formulation of Annual Budget for Business & MIS Reporting to Corporate Management & Business Group.
• Preparation of Cost Variance Statement for different manufacturing locations to improve upon cost efficiency.
• Managing Working Capital needs with help of Cash Flow Statement to determine fund requirements.
• Monitoring Sales Revenue Realisation including periodic review of customers’ ledger to check on overdues.
• Managing periodic Credit Analysis of customers prudently & fixing credit limits within policy parameters.
• Ensuring adequate Bank Guarantee/Security Deposit is secured from Customers to protect from financial risk.
• Supervising Pricing Model & Discount Proposals & Uploading of Pricing Circulars into SAP.
• Monitoring Debit/Credit Notes to Customers for Recoveries/Discounts.
• Monitoring Stock Movements for Manufacturing Sites Transfers (Plant/Depots/Consignment Agent) & Sales (Direct/Depot/
Consignment/Deemed Exports/SEZ Sales/Physical Exports) & Reconciliation of book stock with Physical Stock & Excise Return.
• Arranging/Sharing Sales Information to Shared Services – Taxation with respect to Return filing & Indirect Taxes Payments.
Responsibilities & Achievements as Team Member – Commercial Operations with Reliance Infocomm (January 2003 – August 2004)
• Handling overall Reconciliation of Vouchers in both SAP & IN Systems.
• Coordinating with Town Representatives for activation & deactivation of vouchers including scrapping of expired/stale vouchers.
• Managing uploading of bank statements & handling bank reconciliation in system.
3. • Supervising Stock Reconciliation of Physical Vouchers with book figures analyzing reasons for differences & same accounted for.
Pre-Qualification Experience - Worked at Marudhar Fashions handling Export documentation work (both shipment & banking),
liasioning with Clearing Agents for Customs clearance, monitoring Exports Realization & arranging for Certificates from banks with
respect to Foreign Remittances post Articleship.
CA from Western India Regional Council, ICAI in November 2002.
B.Com from Sydenham College, Mumbai University in April 1997.
Schooling from Hindi Vidya Bhavan School, Marine Lines, Mumbai in March 1991.
August 1997 – July 1999 with Tarun Agarwal & Co, Chartered Accountants, Mumbai.
August 1999 – July 2000 with Girdharlal Daga & Co, Chartered Accountants, Mumbai.
Personal Qualities - Self-motivated, Energy-driven, Positive Attitude, Self-Confident, Honest & Hard-working.
Work-related Skills – Effective Communication & Coordination, Persuasion, Work well in Teams, Learning Agility, Ability to Prioritise
tasks & manage timelines, Problem-solving, Flexible, Technical-savvy & Organisational Awareness.
Accounting Skills – Familiar with commonly used Accounting Principles & Practices.
IT Skills - Well versed with MS Office Application (MS Excel extensively used) & familiar with Operating Systems Windows
Professional/XP/2000 & 2007 Version, Extensive worked on ERP – SAP Application & familiar with Tally package.
Development Programmes / Workshops
Workshop on Management Development / Leadership Programme.
Oracle 9i Training Programme conducted by SSI Education.
Introductory Basic 6-Sigma awareness session conducted inhouse by RIL.
In-house SAP training on Material Management, Sales & Distribution & FICO Module.