Asian School of Management
Enterprise Resource Planning
Rachana Adhikari, Alisha Gurung, Pratap Ratna Bajracharya,
Ramkrishna Bhandari, Ritej Tamang, Parbat Karki
Enterprise Resource Planning
• Software system that integrates various business processes and
functions into a single system, providing a centralized view of an
organization's data and operations.
•Can manage and automate many of the day-to-day tasks involved in
running a business, from accounting and financial management to
supply chain management and customer relationship management.
Benefits of ERP
• help businesses streamline their operations, reduce inefficiencies, and
• provide real-time visibility into business performance, allowing
executives to make data-driven decisions.
• improve communication between departments and facilitate
collaboration across different functions and locations.
Supply chain management (SCM)
• process of managing the flow of goods and services from raw
materials to the final product, delivery, and post-delivery support.
• involves coordinating and integrating activities across the entire
supply chain, from suppliers to manufacturers to distributors to
retailers to customers.
Importance of SCM and ERP in business
• Improved Efficiency
• Enhanced Visibility
• Cost Savings
• Improved Customer Service
• Competitive Advantage
Role of ERP in Supply Chain
•To integrate supply chain processes and data with other business functions.
• provides a centralized view of the entire organization and helps businesses
optimize their supply chain processes, data and analytics
• help businesses improve their supply chain visibility, optimize inventory
levels, streamline procurement processes, and improve delivery times.
•With real-time data and analytics, businesses can make informed decisions,
respond quickly to changing market conditions, and reduce costs throughout
the supply chain.
• help businesses achieve better collaboration with suppliers and customers,
which can result in improved
communication and more efficient processes.
•By automating and streamlining supply chain processes, businesses can
reduce errors and minimize the risk of stockouts or delays.
•improve efficiency, reduce costs, enhance customer service, and gain a
Role of ERP in cross functional drivers performance
1.Improved communication and collaboration:
2.Real-time data visibility
How companies have leveraged supply chain
1.Optimize Production Schedules:
1. Reduce Inventory Costs:
3.Improve Delivery Times:
4.Enhance Supplier Collaboration:
Benefits of using an integrated system for ERP and SCM
2.Improved Demand Forecasting:
3.More Efficient Procurement Processes:.
Future trend of ERP and SCM
• Increased adoption of cloud-based systems
• Greater use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine
• Increased focus on sustainability and social responsibility
• Integration with other technologies
• Increased emphasis on customer experience
• Powerful tool for managing and optimizing business operations.
• Help businesses improve efficiency, reduce costs, and make data-
• However, implementing an ERP system requires careful planning and
execution to ensure success.