1. Robert A. Eschenbrenner, CPA
firstname.lastname@example.org ǀ Cell: 312.810.5644 ǀ Arlington Heights, IL
Proactive and results-oriented with broad experience in all aspects of accounting and financial
management. Driven by challenge and the opportunity for development. Excellent analytical, planning
and organizational skills in coordinating all aspects of each project from inception through completion.
Disciplined with proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently while meeting deadline
Financial Management/Analysis Cash/Treasury Management Budgeting/Forecasting
Planning/Scheduling Payroll/Benefit Management General Accounting
Financial Reporting Business Analysis GAAP
Sage, Yardi, MRI Financial Systems Microsoft Office Suite
Jupiter Realty Company (Real Estate Investor/Development company) 1999 - Present
Senior Vice-President / Controller; Human Resource Director (2009 – Present)
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of the accounting, budgeting and financial operating
functions for Jupiter, its subsidiaries, and all related investment entities with values in excess
of $750 Mn.
• Leadership team member coordinating with the President, CEO and Executive Vice-
• Collaborate with Senior Construction Executive to execute, improve, organize and deliver
multiple ground up development projects simultaneously.
• Executed monthly construction draws on $115 Mn residential high rise, $100Mn dual brand
hotel and $202Mn residential high rise in Chicago.
• Prepared all project owners’ sworn statements and waivers between title companies and
• Led organization restructuring program reducing overall costs and personnel by 15%
• Key role on all acquisitions and dispositions of investments.
• Direct all payroll and benefit administration for Jupiter and its subsidiaries.
• Administer the 401 (k) retirement plan including all fiduciary duties.
• Developed and implemented officer compensation plans.
• Coordinated the analysis and selection of new benefit packages and payroll processing
provider reducing costs by 20%.
• Implemented new phone system resulting in 35% cost reduction.
Vice-President / Controller (1999 – 2009)
• Managed and coordinated all aspects of the accounting and financial operating functions.
• Performed monthly close and account analysis and produced financial reporting package for
• Collaborated with owners regarding key business and accounting issues, budgets and cash
• Managed a staff of two professionals who regularly met all deadlines and goals while
delivering quality work.
2. Topel Forman, LLC, (Certified Public Accounting firm) 1989 – 1999
Manager (1994 – 1999)
• Managed multiple audit engagements simultaneously, including staffing, feedback and
development of team members.
• Prepared financial statements for variety of industries from real estate, hospitality,
manufacturing service and car dealerships.
• Reviewed corporate, partnership and individual tax returns.
• Developed technical expertise on audit and accounting topics.
• Managed a staff of up to three professionals.
Senior Accountant (1989 – 1994)
• Supervise audit engagements including preparation and organization of all audit
workpapers, checklists and client documentation through issuance of financial
• Prepared corporate, partnership and individual tax returns.
• Prepared monthly and quarterly accounting close assignments.
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Science, Accounting – DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Certified Public Accountant, 1987
Member, American Institute of CPAs