• CAB INDUSTRY ANALYSIS IN INDIA
• CAB INDUSTRY & TECHNOLOGY
• GOALS & OBJECTIVES
• MARKET SHARE OF CABS IN INDIAN MARKET
• COMPATATIVE STUDY ON OLA & UBER (IN KOLKATA)
• DATA ANALYSIS
• COMPLAINTS AGAINST OLA & UBER
• RECOMMENDATION FOR OLA & UBER
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 2
• Indian online transportation network
company under ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
• Founded in 2010 by Bhavish Agarwal &
• Operates in 102 cities across India
• Revenue = ₹222 Cr.
• US based global transportation technology
• Founded in 2009 by Travis Kalanick, Oscar
Salazar & Garrrett Camp (India 2013)
• Operates in 84 countries & 29 cities in India
• Revenue = $316.6 Cr.
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 3
4. CAB INDUSTRY ANALYSIS IN INDIA
• Growth rate to reach around 17-20% by 2020 in India through
promotional activities & enhanced safety & security
• Threat to traditional taxi market & car industry: convenient,
economical & quality service.
• High scope of growth because of poor public transport & low car
penetration in India.
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 4
5. CAB INDUSTRY AND TECHNOLOGY
Technology is the lifeline of cab industry, such as:
• Live traffic feed
• Apps in multiple platforms (Android/ios/windows)
• Internet penetration
• Payment options (cash/cashless)
• Use of Big data
• Moving towards connected cab ecosystem- for riders & drivers
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 5
6. GOALS & OBJECTIVES
• The goal is to bring convenience, price
transparency & standardization to
consumers booking car rentals & cab
• Uber’s goal is to continually expand globally
and bring its services to different cities to
allow riders and drivers to .
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 6
8. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON OLA & UBER
• Hereby I conduct a survey on customer preferences on OLA & UBER in
• To study the overall analysis of OLA/UBER services and what exactly
people think about OLA/UBER.
• To identify the differences between satisfactions levels for both cab
• This survey conducted in between 8th July- 21st July 2019.
• Data Collected: Primary (Structured Interview).
• Total no. of respondents: 110
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 8
• Most of the consumers in Kolkata prefer OLA more over than UBER.
• Majority of the consumers are satisfied with the overall cab services.
• While booking a cab price is the first concern of the customers.
• The average waiting time after booking a cab is usually 10-15 min.
• Consumers usually feel cabs are safe & reliable.
• Most of the app cab users are willing to prefer cabs to their family & friends.
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 12
13. COMPLAINTS AGAINST OLA & UBER
Absurd rates at peak hours (Basically the rate
becomes very high during peak hours than
It takes lot of time to get booked. Booking of
an OLA cab takes too long time.
Sometimes the charges are very high and
speed of service is slow.
Generally, OLA is not available in the rural
areas, OLA services mainly available in urban
Very arrogant drivers & sometimes they cancel
the ride if the destination is far.
During the rains they charge exorbitantly & UBER
price keep fluctuating too much during every
If driver couldn’t reach pick up point, he forces
customer to cancel the ride.
The cab cleanliness & quality are not as before,
cabs are dirty on average.
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 13
14. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OLA & UBER
OLA need to improve frequency of cab.
Price hikes during rains are too much, I would
recommend to cut short those at least for
Frequency in rural areas should be increased.
OLA drivers should be more taught how to
provide good services, OLA drivers are really
Add pool car option & its frequency in the app.
Increase availability of premium cabs.
The route for the destination should not be
fixed, if there is alternative route which is more
faster & less traffic should be allowed to be
taken (It affects the fare).
Should improve customer relationship
management and booking & cancellation
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 14
The study reveals the customer satisfaction about the cab services, the factors they give
importance in selection of the service provider, comfort, convenience, service quality
and customer care rendered. This will help the service providers as an important input
to understand about the customer satisfaction about their service, and to what extent
they are with us by utilizing our services. The finding depicts the exact replica of the
customer’s mindset and level of satisfaction towards the service providers operating
the call taxi in the Kolkata market. Appropriate suggestions were provided considering
the facts and feasibility, if the market players take these outcomes into account and act,
its sure to create fullest satisfaction rather delight the customers and expand the
market base. This will also help the service providers full fill the customer expectation
that fetches the goodwill and develop their brand image in the market.
2/8/2020ADAMAS UNIVERSITY 15