from 31-5-2016 to 25-7-2016
SUBMITTED TO: SUBMITTED BY :
Mr. Prateek Agarwal PURSHOTTAM SUMAN
(Asst. professor of electrical- UID: K11238
-engg. ) Electrical Engineering
• RAILWAY INTRODUCTION
• RAILWAY PLATFORM LIGHT SYSTEM
TRAIN SCHEDULER SENSOR
• ELECTRICAL LOCOMOTIVE
PARTS OF ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE
• RAILWAY INTRODUCTION
• Jurisdiction Government of India
• Industry Rail transport
• Founded 16 April 1857 (1857-04-16)
• Headquarters Rail Bhavan, NewDelhi,India
• Area served India
• Key people Suresh prabhu (Ministry of Railways)
• Products Rail transport, Cargotransport, Services, more...
• Revenue 1634.5 billion
Net income 157.8 billion
• Owner(s) Republic of India (100%)
• Employees 1.307 million
• Divisions 17 Railway Zones
• Website www.Indianrailways.gov.in
• Railway were first introduced in India in the year 16 April 1853
from Mumbai to thane.
• IR holds over 2,39,281 freight wagons, 62,924 passenger
coaches and 9,013 locomotive (43 steam, 5,345 diesel and
• 12,617 passenger and 7421 freight trains daily runs.
• As of 31 march 2013, 20,884 km (31.9;) of the total 65436km
route length was electrified.
• All Electrified sections IR use 25,000 volt AC traction through
overhead catenary delivery.
CAUTION DURING TRAINING
• Obtain permission before operating any high voltage
• Maintain an unobstructed access to all electrical panels.
• Wiring or other electrical modifications must be referred to
the Electronics Shop or the Building Coordinator.Avoid
using extension cords whenever possible. If you must use
one, obtain a heavy- duty one that is electrically grounded,
with its own fuse, and install it safely. Extension cords
should not go under doors, across aisles, be hung from the
ceiling, or plugged into other extension cords.
• Always wear globs and shoe .
RAILWAY PLATFORM LIGHT SYSTEM
Required large amount of power .
7-8 kw per day
for saving power at the station sensor technique are
After it we required only around 4kw power only.
Two types of
• Work on sun light
Day time light intensity high so all station lights is off.
Evening to night light intensity is low so all lights is on.
Train scheduler sensor
• Set at starting of platforms.
• Both sensors are connected to the two
contractor boxes contractor c1 and c2.
• Two sensor uses
• 30% light is on When train
is not present on the platform.
• Remaining 70% of light part
is also on when train entered
to the platform train sensor is
• The train gone again 70% part of
light is off.
• platform power is used for
tube light, fans and stalls etc.
• Automatically worked device.
• signaling system also
• Installing cost :- 40,000-
50,000rs per platform.
• Locomotives in India consist of electric and diesel
locomotives. Locomotives are also
called locos or engines.
• An electric locomotive is a locomotive powered by
electricity from overhead lines, an on-board energy
storage device such as a chemical battery or fuel cell.
• Electricity is used to eliminate smoke and take
advantage of the high efficiency of electric motors.
OVERVIEW OF ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE
• Now a days all locos are running
through Electricity with the help of
• Pantograph is used to connect the
loco with OHE line.
• Loco contains 2 Bogies, each Bogie
consist of 6 wheels. So totally loco
consists of 12 wheels.
• Pantograph draws 25 KV of
electricity from OHE line, which is
very high AC voltage.
Transformer oil testing
• oil, a type of insulating and cooling oil used
in transformers and other electrical equipment,
needs to be tested periodically to ensure that it is
still fit for purpose. This is because it tends to
deteriorate over time.
• To assess the insulating property of dielectric
transformer oil, a sample of the transformer oil is
taken and its breakdown voltage is measured.
The lower the resulting breakdown voltage, the
poorer the quality of the transformer oil.
MAIN TRANSFORMER (TFWR)
(Over Head equipment)
• A system of conductors / equipments carrying
traction power from traction sub station to
Pantograph is used to connect the loco with OHE line.
• Its use for taking 25 kv AC supply from the OHE.
• Two panto connected on roof.
• Operating Pressure- 6.5-8.0 kg/cm2
• min. Raising Pressure- 4.5 kg/cm2.
• lowering pressure- 3.5 kg/cm2.
• Raising, lowering time- 6-10sec, < 10 sec.
• min. voltage- 85V.
(High Voltage Circuit Breaker)
• Use for close and open of connection b/w
OHE and main Transformer.
• C.B operate to pneumatic pressure.
• Remotely control by switch which place in
• operate also when relay open.
• Two types of DJ
Air Circuit Breaker
Vacuum Circuit Breaker
(Over Current Protection Relay)
• Its main transformer over current relay.
• Place in relay board Cab no. 2.
• Connected b/w DJ and main Transformer.
• When current is more then 300Amp then
relay energies and DJ will be open.
• work as a regulator.
• Tap changer.
• The output voltage of a transformer varies
according to the turns ratio of the primary and
the secondary windings of the transformer. It
can appreciated that at any point of the primary
or the secondary winding the voltage is
different from any other point on the same
winding because these points are at different
ratios with respect to the other winding.
• Broadly tap-changers can be divided into two
categories-namely off-load and on-load.
• Off-load tap-changers cannot be operated while
current is flowing in the circuit. Off-load tap-
changers are used mainly for non-critical
applications where a momentary interruption in
the current can be tolerated. Hence, such tap-
changers have no use in traction duty.
• In traction only on-load tap-changers (OLTC) are
used. They are capable of changing the taps
rapidly without interrupting the flow of current.
• Its primary winding of main transformer.
• TFP has 288 turns.
• TFP-1,2 are secondary winding of main
• TFP-1,2 give supply traction motor by traction
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.