1. PETER A. FLOYD email@example.com
(817) 789-5357 LinkedIn Profile
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL SALES EXECUTIVE
A top-ranked national territory sales leader offers a proven track record of success in building, mentoring, and leading
teams in growing revenue through promotion of exisitng products and launching dozens of new lines. Asutely conveys
value creation via field demonstrations and presentations and plays a significant role in negotiating and closing deals
with industry-leading clients in the US and abroad. Builds new and maximizes the profitability of distributor networks.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT – CUSTOMER RELATIONS – CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS – NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL SALES
DISTRIBUTOR NETWORK MANAGEMENT – PROPOSALS & DEMONSTRATIONS – TERRITORY DEVELOPMENT – FORECASTING – STARTUP
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Consistently extended sales goals for Minuteman/Powerboss, Inc. and achieved both the largest record sale in the
US market (15 units), but also the largest record sale in history of company (100 units), representing $3M revenue.
• Directed international sales in Mexico from 2002 until 2007, setting up two servicing dealers while increasing
sales 400%; also increased sales 100% throughout the Central and South American region from 2006 to 2007.
• Drove successful acquisition of new distribution areas where coverage was weak for K-D Manitou, Inc.; forged and
developed new business relationships with national accounts such as US Rentals, CAT Rentals, and Prime Equipment.
REDSTAMP INC. – Grand Rapids. MI 2015-2016
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/WESTERN REGION
Managed the Western US, selling directly to wholesalers and distributors, with 60% travel time. Product line included
cigarette tax stamping equipment, box cutters, case packers, splitters, tote strappers/systems, conveyors, electric air
compressors, compressed air dryers, dump tables, TAXRIGHT system, and project management service agreements.
• Served as resource expert in product knowledge in order to present end users with complete understanding of the
product line, provide price quotes, and assist with negotiations, sales closings, installations, and user training.
• Cultivated new and established national accounts, including Core – Mark, McLane’s, and QuikTrip.
• Managed development of annual sales forecast for the assigned territory, ensuring compliance with corporate plans.
• Developed strategic sales plans to improve revenue generation in line with forecasts developed annually.
• Implemented factory sponsored sales programs with end users.
• Worked with CRM to access territory history and update territory activity.
MINUTEMAN/POWERBOSS, INC. - Aberdeen, NC 1998-2014
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Directed 10 multi-Line Industrial material handling distributors while developing new distribution for a complete line of
scrubbers, sweepers, and vacs. Traveled extensively to cover a territory that included Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri,
Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, New Mexico, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio.
• Developed yearly marketing plan, annual sales forecast, and market share analysis in order to achieve territory goals
while cultivating new and established national accounts across the US.
2. PETER A. FLOYD (817) 789-5357 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Page 2
• Provided product expertise for distribution network of 10 multi-line industrial equipment companies and branches;
served as a strategic development team member for the multi-phased launch of more than 20 industrial products.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER CONTINUED…
• Analyzed distributors’ market share to develop and identify one that should be terminated and replaced.
• Collaborated with key dealer personnel to establish goals, territory management plans, and techniques for cold calls,
quote preparation, negotiation, inventory management, after-market sales, warranty, and competitive analysis.
• Performed customer demonstrations and field training for local distributor’s sales staff and customers; effectively
communicated pertinent information between factory and dealers, including formal presentations in the field.
• Led acquisition of key national accounts such as Menards, Louisiana Pacific, HEB Grocery Stores, Sysco Foods, Fleming
Foods, Temple Inland, Georgia Pacific, Helen of Troy, FEMSA, ABS Supply, Seneca Foods, Ram Construction, Goya Foods
K-D MANITOU, INC. – Waco, TX 1996-1998
SOUTHWEST REGIONAL MANAGER
Managed and developed a strong dealer organization for the complete line of Rough Terrain Forklifts, 4WD Telescopic
Reach Forklifts, Trailer Mounted Forklifts and Compact Loader Backhoe in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana,
Arkansas, New Mexico, Mississippi, and Western Tennessee. Generated annual sales in excess of $3M.
• Served as resource expert in product knowledge in order to assist multi-line dealers in making sales calls, providing
equipment demos, and introducing new products as well as overseeing training, inventory, pricing, and quotes.
• Led development of annual sales forecast for the territory in alignment with corporate strategy/operational plans.
• Oversaw dissemination of equipment updates and reports, providing training in best practices for successful demo
techniques, marketing, and sales programs; also assisted in the training of new Regional Managers.
• Reported to the factory on the performance of equipment, competitive actions, and consumer satisfaction.
• Proved instrumental to the multi-phased roll out and marketing of more than 15 new products.
WESTQUIP – Oklahoma City, OK 1995-1996
SOUTH TERRITORY MANAGER
Designed and maintained customer base throughout Oklahoma to promote the sale of the entire product line of Toyota,
Barrett, and Blue Giant new forklifts, Powerboss scrubbers and sweepers used forklifts of all makes.
• Achieved $300K in quarterly sales while collaborating with administration, customer service, parts, and service
departments to drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Performed equipment demonstrations, prepared and negotiated price quote, and assisted in the financing, leasing,
and negotiating of subsequent maintenance agreements.
*Career Note: Prior professional experience includes Field Sales Manager for Danco Company, Senior District Manager
for The Charles Machine Works/Ditch Witch, and Sales Representative for Paretti Pontiac Company.
BBA, Management (Minor in Math & Social Science – NORTHWOOD UNIVERSITY, Midland, MI
AA, Automotive Replacement Management – NORTHWOOD UNIVERSITY, Midland, MI