7. Day to day tasks.
• Outbound calls to prospective candidates and clients.
• Shortlisting top Candidates for required roles.
• Maintaining existing business relationships.
• Organising and attending meetings & interviews.
• Confirming placements.
• Advertising / publishing positions.
• Market mapping.
8. Breakdown of Contract & Perm
• Temporary Contract for a previously
agreed amount of time.
• Faster paced, more competitive and
aggressive market than Perm.
• Firm take percentage of what
candidate earns each day / week /
• Placing someone in a long-term role
with a salary.
• Firm take percentage of base salary.
ie, £20,000 py + 22% margin =
£4,400 for the company.
• Longer process and less consistent
area than Contract but higher
individual pay outs.
9. Characteristics of a successful Recruiter.
• Ability to listen, observe and adapt.
• Strong work ethic.
• Will to succeed / goal orientated.
• Market knowledge.
• Positive mind-set.
10. What I would
look for in a
• Track record of success.
• Passionate about what they
• Knowledgeable about their
• Ability and the want to
motivate and teach their
• A burning desire to get the
best from their team and be
the best. (i.e wanting
members to progress up the
ladder and get to their level)
11. WhatYOU can expect from ME.
Day 1 – Month 6.
• I will have proved to you that you have made the right decision in
• Work, work, work.
• Progressed from trainee to consultant.
• Established member of team.
• Initial building of pipeline of clients.
• Gained good market knowledge.
• Shortlist of strongest candidates in market.
12. WhatYOU can expect from ME.
Month 6 – 1.5 years.
• Established pipeline of clients.
• Established strong professional network and relationships with
candidates and clients.
• Solid knowledge of market and becoming an expert in my field.
• Track record of consistent billing and candidate placements.
• Seeking further progression up the career ladder if and when the
opportunity presents itself.