1. Muthu Vallavan Gurusamy
Mobile: +91-9043099172 / 8122040000 ~ E-Mail : email@example.com
Seeking senior level assignments in Sales & Marketing with an organisation of high repute.
• An astute & result oriented professional with nearly 16 years of experience in managing Business
Development, Sales & Marketing, Channel Management, Team Management, Key Account Management,
Distribution Handling and State Head in Channel Sales.
• Expertise in handling entire sales operations by ensuring optimal utilization of resources to achieve
• Skilled in securing key clients and increasing product distribution to grow market share.
• Tenacious in building new business, securing customer loyality and forging strong relationships with external
• Displayed proficiency in developing relationships with key decision-makers in target organizations for
• Deft in conducting competitor analysis by keeping abreast of market trends and competitor moves to achieve
market share metrics.
• An effective communicator with exceptional negotiation and people management skills.
Sales & Business Development: Developing new clients and negotiating with them for securing profitable
business. Forecasting sales targets and executing them in a given time frame thus enhancing clientele. Organising
promotional programs & participating in exhibitions for greater brand visibility.
Channel Management: Developing and appointing new business partners to expand product reach in the market
and working in close interaction with the dealers and distributors to assist them to promote the product.
Client Relationship Management: Managing customer centric operations and ensuring customer satisfaction by
achieving delivery and service quality norms. Identifying improvement areas & implementing measures to
maximise customer satisfaction levels.
Team Supervision: Monitoring, recruiting, training & motivating the manpower & ensuring quality deliverables
in the market. Providing direction to the sales team for ensuring optimum performance.
Since Dec’15 : Getit InfoServices Pvt. Ltd., [(ASKME.COM) Astro Group Company – Malaysia] Chennai &
Coimbatore as STATE HEAD for Channel Sales.
Product Line: Premium Listings, Classified, Deal and Ads space sales (Askme.com), E commerce
(Askmebazaar.com) , Askmepay.com , Print (Yellow Pages), Face book, Google Ad words, Google Remarketing,
Google display ads, SEO and YouTube.
• Lead a team of Direct 8 Channel Manager for Distribution.
• Distribution Management & Channel Sales.
• Drive business growth by developing Sales & Distribution Channels for all Product lines
• Manage circle distribution Scorecard and regular reviews
• Distribution Review mechanism for timely analysis and tight monitoring to meet business objectives
• Maintain quality of distribution and mix of distributors with good ROI
• Channel Dimensioning
• Channel & Sales Manpower Dimensioning - Norms, Gap Identification & reduction
• Dimension and bridge the gap in number of channel partner and FOS and Field force
• Ensure and drive Channel Accounts Reconciliation on a Quarterly basis
• Increasing market share and revenue enhancement through proper channel management
• Building up of cross-sell capability across channel (particularly in line of the new sales org design)
• Channel Satisfaction and payouts
• Design and develop the loyalty programme for trade and channel partners
• Conceptualizing and designing R&R schemes for sales team and FOS
• Monitor on time channel payout and various sales incentive programs
• Market visit to meet channel and distribution partners once a week
• Conduct a full team meeting with all S&M vertical heads once a week
• Review sales performance and monthly targets with Sales team first week of month
• Review performance in all functions at least twice per month
• Launch and review various loyalty programs for channel and distribution partners
• Meet circle head 1-2 times per month
August ’08 – Dec’16 Tata Teleservices Ltd., Chennai as Business Development Manager (TNKL) / Channel
& Direct Sales Team Manager.
Product Line: CDMA, GSM, Photon, Fixed Wire Line, Data Products, Solution Products & Toll Free Solutions.
• Identifying opportunities in the territory and ensuring Tata Teleservices Products reach in the zone
• Mapping new prospective customers and developing new business relationships
• Focussing on Governance Mechanism to ensure achievement of targets by the channel
• Determining targets for the sales team in collaboration with relevant department heads
• Understanding training needs and arranging programme accordingly
• Furnishing Sales Aid Tools to the sales person to ensure good presentation of the product
• Formulating sales strategy to map high ARPU & potential customers and facilitating team members to close the
deals with negotiation skills
• Delivering demonstration to potential companies and updating them with usage and features of new products
• Sustaining healthy relationship with top customers and addressing their queries for additional business
• Providing timely reports, viz. monthly sales and target performance reports
• Felicitated with a Holiday Package to Bangkok.
• Recipient of following awards:
o Super Star Award for Outstanding Performance in Jul’12
o Top Gun Award for the year 2011 – 2012
o Star of The Month Award 6 times for Outstanding Performance during stay with TTSL.
• Dealt with Fast Track as a key account and enhanced 20 to 30% increase in the market share.
• Holds the distinction of receiving No. 1 the PAN India in 2011-12 and sold 2000 numbers Month on Month.
August ’05 – August ’08 - Bharti Airtel Ltd.,
Upcountry markets (TN- SOUTH) as Channel Sales Manager, markets include Tuticorin, Tirunelveli,
Rajapalayam, Sivakasi & Virudhunagar.
Product Line : GSM, Fixed Wire Line, Data cards.
♦ Setting up business Channels in the assigned markets for Postpaid Sales and Revenue.
♦ Managed all aspects of Channel Sales and Business Development.
♦ Ensured all parameters of Postpaid Business Hygienes in these Markets.
• Spearheaded complete account management of Listed Corporate Customers
• Identified any ‘At Risk’ customers and reached out to these accounts to ensure they are retained as customers
• Conducted strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis
• Executed Rate Reviews / Billing disputes and credits with strategic customers upon request
• Analysed weekly category promotional activity to optimize lifts and identified the potential to maximize
distribution and assortment
• Performed market analysis & assessment of competitors; participated in market intelligence with a focus on
future & value creation
• Steered efforts for retaining accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision-
makers & users
• Catered to the account related needs of an assigned set of strategic customers
Sep ‘00 – August ’05: M/s. Quick Calls Pvt Ltd – Chennai, as Corporate Key Account Manager
Motorola Bhilwara group of companies annexed with Essel group of companies to promote Radio
Trunking business in major metros in the country.
• Handled complete account management of Listed Corporate Customers
• Executed promotional activities like conducting awareness programs, visiting account enabling the updation of
the products & services
• Exercised control on churn & retention of customers by personalized service
4. Sales & Marketing
• Setting performance standards & measuring performance for efficient functioning of business operations
for Radio Trunking Services and GPS based Vehicle Tracking System.
• Forecasting sales targets and executing them in a given time frame thereby enhancing existing clientele
with complete knowledge of Sales Life Cycle.
• Effectuating selling programs/strategies to improve product awareness and enhance business.
• Evaluating marketing budgets including manpower planning initiatives and ensuring adherence to
Key Account Management
• Networking with prospective clients, generating business from the existing accounts and achieving
profitability and increased sales growth.
• Delivering presentations / seminars & product promotion schemes to the prospective clients & dealers.
• Interfacing with clients for understanding their requirements & suggesting the most viable solutions /
products and cultivating relations with them for customer retention & securing repeat business.
• Ensuring complete customer satisfaction and retention/gaining new clients by delivery quality products
• Providing direction, motivation and training to the sales team, ensuring optimum performance.
• Recruiting, training and providing guidance and support to the front-line team through target setting.
• Generating and maintaining MIS for tracking performance.
• Rewarded with:
o National Topper in sales across the country 5 times during stay.
o Outstanding Retention and collection performance award during stay.
• MBA (Sales & Marketing) from Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu.
• BSc (Computer Science) from Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource management – Pondicherry University.
Office Automation SKILLS
• Well versed with MS Office and Internet Applications
Date of Birth: 27th
Present Address: #6, Mandapam Cross Street, 2A Wild flower apartment, Kilpauk, Chennai – 600 010
Languages Known: Tamil, Hindi and English
Location Preference: Chennai.
Current TCTC : Rs. 12 Lakhs per annum.
Notice Period : 30 days.