SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
The MGM Grand Las Vegas is a hotel casino located on the Las
Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. The MGM Grand is the third
largest hotel in the world by number of rooms (6,852) and the largest
hotel resort complex in the United States. When it opened in 1993,
the MGM Grand was the largest hotel in the world.
The Marina Hotel and Casino, located at 3805 Las Vegas Boulevard, opened in
1975 as a 714-room hotel and casino. In 1989, Kirk Kerkorian bought the Marina
Hotel and the Tropicana Country Club to obtain the site that would become the
home of the MGM Grand. During that time, the Marina was known as the MGM-
The Marina closed on November 30, 1990, and ground was broken for the
new casino hotel complex on October 7, 1991. The Marina hotel building
still exists as the western end of the main hotel building.
When the latest MGM
Grand opened on
December 18, 1993, it was
owned by MGM Grand
Inc. At that time it had an
extensive Wizard of
Oz theme, including
the green "Emerald City"
color of the building and
the decorative use
of Wizard of
Oz memorabilia. After
entering the casino's main
entrance, one would find
themselves in the Oz
Casino facing Emerald
Owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. The 30-
floor main building is 293 ft (89 m) high. The property includes
five outdoor pools, rivers, and waterfalls that cover 6.6 acres (2.7
380,000 sq ft (35,000 m2) convention center, the MGM Grand
Garden Arena, and the Grand Spa. It also houses numerous
shops, night clubs, restaurants, Lion habitat and the largest
casino in Clark County, which occupies 171,500 sq ft.
• MGM Grand
featured a glass-
sided lion habitat
inside the casino
area, in which up to
six lions were
shown daily since
CSI: The Experience opened in the Studio Walk in September 2009. Here,
guests try to solve one of three murder cases interactively, guided by
touchscreen stations, cast member videos, and realistic recreated
The main hotel
USD $79 to
USD $499 per
night and 751
from USD $275
to USD $2,500
SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand, a AAA Five-Diamond certified,
occupies the top two floors of the main building. The hotel has
51 lofts ranging from USD $2,000 to USD $10,000 per night.
• The three The Signature at MGM Grand towers, each with
576 suites ranging from USD $170 to USD $599 per night .
The Mansion at MGM Grand with 29 villas reserved for VIP's and
casino-invited guests ranging from USD $5,000 to USD $30,000 per
LIST OF RESTAURANTS
• Joël Robuchon
• L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon
• Michael Mina's Pub 1842
• Wolfgang Puck
· Sell extra value and benefits like spa treatments
· Keep discount categories like advance purchase rates, corporate rates.
· Promotes group reservation to maximize non- room revenue.
• Considers rate increase for packages instead of giving more discount.
· Apply deposits and guarantees to the last night of stay.
· Abolish stay restriction.
· Selects date for the close to arrivals.
·Provides personalized offer and package on guest demand on exclusive
· Establishing relationship with the other hospitality service units I.e.
airlines and cruise ships or even car rents
· Extensive concentration to sales and marketing team and various other
third party outdoor advertising unit.
· Encourage upgrades.
SWAT FOR ENTERING
ASIA AND PACIFIC
• Reputable brand
• Successful business model
• Service Quality Assurance
• Strict confidentiality of client profile
• Lack of trust and brand name in Asia
• Potential problem in recruiting the right
• Need time to educate target market on the
benefits of staying at MGM Mriage Hotel
• Increasing number of dual-income
families in Asia.
• Consumers are willing to try out new
products and services.
• Population is Internet savvy – Internet
marketing aids speed of product diffusion
• Government regulations
• Some individuals may engage in criminal
activities to support their gambling habits –
• might create a bad impression in the eyes of
• Bad services by new employees might affect
• Business concept might be replicate by
competitors. Ease of competitor entry.
LIST OF PROPERTIES OWNED BY MGM
• Las Vegas Strip
• Circus Circus Las Vegas
• Slots-A-Fun Casino
• CityCenter (50% joint venture with
Dubai World) Aria Resort & Casino
• Mandarin Oriental
• The Crystals
• Veer Towers
• Luxor Mandalay Bay Delano Las Vegas
• Mandalay Bay Convention Center
Mandalay Bay Events Center MGM
Grand Las Vegas
• MGM Grand Garden Arena
• Skylofts at MGM Grand
• The Mansion at MGM Grand The
Signature at MGM Grand Monte Carlo
• Hotel 32
• New York-New York
• The Mirage
• T-Mobile Arena (Las Vegas)
Elsewhere in Nevada
• Shadow Creek Golf Course – North Las Vegas, Nevada
• Beau Rivage Hotel and Casino – Biloxi, Mississippi (Designer Steve Wynn) Fallen Oak Golf Course
• Gold Strike Casino Resort – Tunica Resorts, Mississippi
• Grand Victoria – Elgin, Illinois (50% owned and operated by RBG, LLP, a subsidiary of Hyatt)
• MGM Grand Detroit – Detroit, Michigan (98% owner in partnership with Partners Detroit, L.L.C.)
• MGM Macau – Macau, China (50% joint venture with Pansy Ho, opened 2007) (51% after IPO)
• MGM National Harbor – National Harbor, Maryland (opening 2016)
• MGM Springfield – Springfield, Massachusetts (opening 2018) Primm Valley Golf Club – Nipton,
Ideally located in Delhi in the Hospitality District of DIAL on a 5.03 acre land. The project would
be adjacent to New Delhi International Air Port in the Hospitality District. The Hotel is
expected to be commissioned by April 2017.
450 MGM Grand Luxury Rooms and 30 Serviced Apartments
20 Duplex Skylofts with 24feet high windows, Super luxury suites with Five Diamonds rating
Focus on F&B with 9 F&B Outlets including one Michelin Star Restaurant Biggest Ballroom in
the town with large meeting spaces
Unique hanging bridge with Sky bar and restaurant
Hi Tech Theater, Ultra-lounge and “Wet Republic” for guest entertainment.