1. MELISSA J. GILMORE
763 Estes Park Drive St. Peters, MO 63376
H (636) 970-7523 email@example.com C (636) 541-
IT Procurement Manager and Service Provider
Delivering Vision and Leadership for the Enterprise
Experienced Information Technology Manager with a record of developing and supporting projects and solutions
incorporating a wide range of technologies. Called upon to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency that
aligns the business process improvements with IT infrastructure to realize cost savings and sustain strategic
Results-oriented team player with proven success in analytical thinking, and driving cost-effective solutions to support
critical business functions.
• Extensive experience in IT construction, SDLC, HDLC, Licensing and contract negotiations with solution
providers, primarily with Pharmaceutical and clinical data vendors
• Seven Years in inventory control and PC and Server Asset Management
• Ten Years experience in IT Systems procurement
• Five years Managing Licensing contracts with software solution providers for clinical data and Research and
• Eight years in client IT Support in FDA, PII and HIPAA regulated environments
• Project Management • Strategic Planning • Process Improvement • Client Relationship Management
•Facilities and New Construction • Contract Negotiation / Management
• Change Management • IT Operations & SLA Support • Training • Enterprise Application
Deployment • IT Procuement and Resource Planning
Monsanto Missouri Aug 2015- Dec 2015
IT Project Manager
Project Manager tasked with Infrastructure Pre-Planning for new facility construction, new Data Center
planning, and IT building design. In addition worked on other projects active in the IT Portfolio for
• Global PC Life Cycle planning, procurement and budget forecasting
• Server consolidation and Application Discovery for move to Azure Cloud Services
• Build Video Conferencing Service Offering for global deployment of Cisco VC Technologies to
reduce operations and travel costs
SunEdison Solar Missouri Aug 2014- Jul 2015
Global IT Project Manager
Pre-Planning and Data Mining for the divestiture of the SunEdison Solar Company IT Architecture, scheduled to
move to a Cloud DC Solution and new corporate office.
• IT Project Management of remote Service and Sales Office moves and Infrastructure upgrades, to improve
business requirements for support and reduce costs.
2. • Strategic planning for multiple SaaS Application deployments, Endpoint backup solutions and project
collaboration tools; i.e. Box, Druva, Exchange, O365
• PM responsible for US and Canadian Corporate Office moves from SE Semi-Conductor Campus to SE
Solar Office locations.
Connectria Managed Hosting Missouri April 2012- May 2014
Hosting Project Manager and Compliance Officer
Pre-planning and strategic deployment of Data Center infrastructures for Clients needing a standardized PHI and PII
compliant enterprise hosting environment for their core business applications. Act as central liaison to Customer for
custom enterprise infrastructures for the larger DC implementations under Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
HIPAA and SSAE16 data evidence management for yearly Audit Compliance and Security.
• Delivered technical architecture designs, standardized Production and DR Hosting Infrastructure, while
working with operations to transition to Call Center Production Support.
• Worked directly with system engineers to document production support and escalation procedures for each
• Mitigated outage impact through strict change control management for internal infrastructure to meet PHI
and PII SSAE16 SOC I & II compliance regulations.
• Managed the design and deployment of infrastructure on Windows, VMware, V-Sphere, IBM iSeries,
Exchange and Tegile, NetApp, V7000 back end storage systems.
• Oversight of internal and external resource financials while managing multiple project timelines.
Emerson Global Headquarters Missouri Jan 2008 – Oct 2011
Technical Services Manager – IT Corporate Software Engineering
Provided strategic direction and oversight to the deployment of Oracle, SQL Enterprise, and internally developed
applications in support of divisions globally. Created oversight framework and methodology appropriate for the
environments and developed customized standards of project execution and reporting as well as the associated artifacts,
templates, and documents, and provided training as required. Delivered technical architecture designs, standardized
Hosting Infrastructure, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Documentation throughout the duration of
multiple projects, while working with operations to collapse the Corporate Hosting environment from over 100 data
centers, to two data centers in North America.
• Managed the design and deployment of enterprise applications UPK, Closetmaid.com Configurator and
Ultriva Ekanban on Solaris, Windows, VMware, and Linux systems, while integrating data from multiple
Oracle EBS, JDE, Sharepoint and Moss platforms.
• Served as Central IT Liaison between the Development Teams, Business Divisions, Corporate IT, and the
Project Management Office (PMO), managing Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivery from internal and
external global service providers under waterfall methodology practices.
• Tasked with the Deployment of Oracle Demantra for the Emerson Process Division, working directly with
the Business IT and IT Operations for Application Architecture Design, WAN/LAN performance and Use
Case Testing in DEV, Test, QA and Production environments.
• Worked directly with Oracle and Wipro on the build for the Demantra Architecture in the Web, Application
and Database Tiers, while the Business created the Data Modeling of the parts SKUs and Inventory Pricing
MasterCard – Bradford and Galt St. Louis, MO June 2006 – Aug 2007
Infrastructure Project Manager – Internet Web Services Development
Delivered expertise to the deployment of Web applications in three-tiered secured Network Global Infrastructure.
Identified more productive methods to achieve top performance, eliminate waste, and reduce expenses. Worked in
partnership with leadership team to define project requirements and life cycle, including deliverables, goals,
milestones, and deployment. Led the execution of projects, including management of the budget, schedule, and
• Provided estimates and monitored spend rates for services to implement new applications within forecasted
budgets and proposed timelines.
3. • Consolidated shared Web Infrastructure Environments and Standardized Development approach, running
WebSphere 6.0 on UNIX and Windows.
• Directed Business Development Teams to consolidate existing applications from Distributed Computing, in
Web Logic, PIXI and older versions of WebSphere / Oracle to SAN Storage Solutions into WebSphere 6.0 /
Java to improve quality of infrastructure support, reduce operating costs and streamline required expertise to
maintain the environments.
Pfizer / Pharmacia / Monsanto St. Louis, MO April 1996 – June 2006
R&D IT Infrastructure and Operations Account Liaison 2000 – 2006
Offered direction and leadership to all IT initiatives for five locations. Supported technical resources to
accommodate business directives. Managed operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with
established goals, objectives, and company strategic plan and policies.
• Managed Annual Vendor Subscriptions for Research and Development (R&D) Clinical Software and
research hardware licensing contracts, and network computing assets used in over 600 Labs.
• Acting R&D POC for Corporate IT Policies and Procedures, and FDA Regulated record retention policies.
Site Approval Authority for all new computing and telecommunication requests, servers, wireless, and
LAN / WAN requests. Ensured adherence to company standards and proper utilization of corporate
contracts, minimizing operational costs and improving research proficiency.
• Facilitated the IT Infrastructure Implementation of the JJ Pilot Plant, built in 2002. Coordinated the network
design, Voice and Data Wiring Installation, and Video Conference Capabilities for the clean room plant
instrumentation and the Office Environment.
• Managed IT Operational Changes in support staff resulting from the merger with Pharmacia and acquisition
to Pfizer. Coordinated with New Centers of Operations to migrate the Research Data Center to a new
location. Acted as Corporate IT Liaison for the business, monitoring support SLAs, Licensing Compliance,
and Network Security Changes, as new company policies were enforced with new management. Assisted
with the retirement of redundant systems to mitigate unnecessary Operational Costs, and minimize outages
to the business.
• Procured and coordinated the installation of new Video Conferencing Technology to all Research managed
St. Louis Conference Rooms. Assessed, identified dependencies, and coordinated re-wiring of each room,
designed layout of equipment, and the installation of equipment. Increased data stream capacity, and
improved communications quality for collaboration between Research Teams, reducing travel costs by 40%.
Intel Global Server Operations Tower Lead (Monsanto) 1999 – 2000
IT Global Project Manager for New Acquisition and Remote Sites (Monsanto) 1996 – 1998
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Anheuser Busch – Arbor Consulting St. Louis, MO 1994 –
Team Leader MSG Server Operations / CNE / Senior Network Analyst for AB 1996 – 1996
Facility Manager / Senior Network Analyst / CNE 1994 – 1995
Westar Corporation St. Louis, MO 1993 –
CNE / Senior Systems Analyst for United States Army Aviational Command Group
Kenwood Associates Chicago, IL 1992 –
Network Specialist for Novell Platinum Reseller / CNE
4. John Porter Company Kansas City, MO 1990 –
Network and PC Installation and Support Specialist / CNE
Early career experience includes Inventory Control Production Manager / Office Automation with GE Capital
Services, Inventory Control and Office Automations for Premium Oxygen Services, Inventory Control, Customer
Service for Acme Premium Supply, and Production Line Supervisor, Integrated Chip Production for Motorola
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
Saint Louis University St. Louis, MO
BICSI Cable Installation Training for North American TIA / EIA Standards
BICSI Design and Installation on Ethernet and Token Ring LANS
GMP Regulated Business Practices, Internal training for FDA
ISO FDA CFR Part 11, Infrastructure Management training
Introduction to Hacking, Security Defense and Response
Windows NT Networking and Integration Training
Leadership Management and Efficiency Training
Troubleshooting Enterprise Networks
Managing Enterprise Networks
Advanced Project Management