Niels Vandezande (https://twitter.com/NielsVandezande), from the niche law firm Time.lex discussed virtual currencies
- What was the payment landscape when bitcoin started out (2008/2009) v what is it now?
- What is bitcoin's place in the payment landscape?
- What are alternatives (for the underbanked)?
- What is money?
- Does the e-money directive apply to virtual currencies? in principle, no
- Does the payment services directive apply to virtual currencies (services)? in principle, no
The context was the second (2019) edition of the Computational Law and Blockchain Festival (#CLBFest), Brussels' node.