So when you are so swamped that you
can’t bill any more work—that’s
actually the best time to hire.
Some of the concerns that may keep
you from hiring—
• Will I have enough work for this person?
• Can I afford this person?
• What exactly will I have this person do?
How to avoid hiring mistakes.
Carry a notebook for a week and write
down everything you did that week.
• Phone calls, 30 minutes
• Sharpened mower blades, 1 hour
• Bought irrigation stuff, 1 ½ hours
• Made a flower run, 30 minutes
• Did some invoicing, 1 hour
At end of week, figure out what
percentage of that work someone else
Delegating some of the work means
• Go out to drum up more work
• Bill more work
• Spend more time working on the business.
• Put your efforts into those things that bring in
Learn ways to find new team members.
You have to hire more people to bill more
time so you have more money so you can
hire more people.
This is very challenging when your business is
small because most don’t have a lot of money.
But you HAVE to take the risk.