1. Digital Media Specialised Practice Lauren Rouse - 2019
Concept Artwork for the 2017 film Blade Runner, Artists: Adam Baines and Jeremy Paillotin
2. What is my idea?
• Creating a realistic / believable planet or world with different environments, fauna, flora and
inhabitants. Including lore and maps of different regions across the world. Final Presenting in a
form of either a slideshow video or a PDF file.
• Possibly including:
• A world / planet design, including maps of specified regions such as main cities or landmarks.
• Believable environments and landscapes
• Realistic animals with adaptations that correspond to different environments
• Possibly races of inhabitants, like the classic DnD Orcs, Dwarves and Tieflings.
• Written lore and research which ties into the communities, culture and fauna / flora
3. What media will you
use to produce it?
• Mainly Photoshop CC and traditional
sketchbooks / inks for visuals and
development, Depending on which route I take
to present it (via PDF format or a video
presentation) I'll be either using google docs or
Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• As well as keeping everything, from rough
drafts to finalised pieces on a blog format such
as Word Press.
4. 9am 10am 11am 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm -
SPECIALISED PRACTICE BREAK
FREELANCE WORK BREAK
Wed SPECIALISED PRACTICE BREAK
WORKING IN CREATIVE
Fri BREAK WORKING IN
CREATIVE INDUSTRIES UNI
BREAK FREELANCE WORK
RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT BREAK
SPECIALISED PRACTICE BREAK FREELANCE WORK
5. 'Tusked Bear' by Markus
Gansel on Artstation
'Snow' by Kimya Sheikh on
'Substrata' by Peter
Boehme on Artstation
6. Who is this project for?
• This project is aimed at the 'Dungeons and Dragons' tabletop
• I will be creating resource images and written information to
be used as reference to help towards a future campaign for a
Dungeon Master (the game organizer and participant in charge of
creating the details and challenges of a given adventure, while
maintaining a realistic continuity of events).
Creature design by Stephen Oakley on ArtStation
Over the summer I had the experience to work alongside with the
Framestore Art Department and VFX team in my work experience.
I was able to go to dailies to see behind the scenes of raw footage
of upcoming films and shows such as 'Wonder Woman '84' and 'His
The Art department has done concept art and designs for amazing
films such as Fantastic Beasts, Detective Pikachu, Blade Runner,
Captain Marvel, Endgame and many more. While in the Art
Department I was given a tour around the small studio as well as
the opportunity to come back to do more experience and their
contact information for any feedback and advice needed for
I am also able to receive feedback from a GFX artist who runs
'Southern GFX' near Liverpool, Glen Southern also works alongside
Wacom as an artist showing off products at shows, I spent a few
hours drawing with him at the ExCelCenter in London for an
electronics and interactive technology exhibition a months ago.
These are my two main sources that I am confident in receiving
feedback from while working on this project over the next 6