The levopimaric acid and its derivatives are extracted from the resin of Scots pine pinus
sylvestris and its relative pinus hamata.
The Percentage is of levopimaric acid is found up to 27%-36% in these plant.
The General mode of Biological Activity of Absentee derivative is related to Anti
1. The Property is based on the suppression of inflammatory cytokines production and
2. Dehydorbetic Acid decreases the production of pro inflammtory mediator.
3. 3. Dehydorbeitic Acid increases macrophages and in mixed cell
line of macrophages and adipocytes.
4. Abeitic Acid was used as a building block for the preparation of
Hetrocyclic derivative which in close in activity to prednisolone
but it is less toxic.
5. The dihydroquinopimeric Acid show a high anti inflammatory
activity with low toxicity.
6. Levopimeric Acid (LPA) is the main component of pine oleresin.
Beacause it is highly effective in their tharaupetic activity and
no toxic effect has been shown.
7. Levopimeric acid has much more anti inflammatory activity.
4. Anti inflammatory activity of Levopimeric acid
i) Two group of Levopimoric acid derivative (a) Amide with
Acetylenic Moity (b) Triazolye ester.
ii) Tested for their anti inflammantry activity using the histamine
induced paw edema.
iii) Anti inflammatory activity of LPA derivative is 23% when
injected in mice intraperitoneally. Which is less than indo
methocin which is 49%.
iv) Thus Anti inflammatory activity of LPA derivative in moderate.