• India is located in the northern and eastern
• hemispheres of the Earth.
• It is located in the southern part of the Asian continent
• The Indian mainland stretches from 8°4'N to 37°6' N latitudes and
from 68°7' E to 97°25' E longitudes.
• It is 3200 km long from north to south and 3000 km long from east
• The Tropic of Cancer (23° 30'N) divides the country nearly evenly.
• India has a land boundary of approximately 15,200 km, and the total
length of the mainland's coastline, including Andaman and Nicobar
and Lakshadweep, is 7,516.6 km.
• Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu is the southernmost point of the
Indian mainland, and Indira Col. in Jammu & Kashmir is home to
its northernmost point.
• Indira Point is the southernmost tip of India. It is located at 6°45' N
parallel which got submerged under the seawater in 2004 during the
• The easternmost point in India is Kibithu, Arunachal Pradesh.
GEOGRAPHY - CLASS 10TH
S T U D Y
T O W N
A C A D E M Y
WHERE FUN MEETS