Diese Präsentation wurde erfolgreich gemeldet.
Die SlideShare-Präsentation wird heruntergeladen. ×

6 Stats to Sum Up The State of Digital Publishing

6 Stats to Sum Up The State of Digital Publishing

Herunterladen, um offline zu lesen

From crumbling paywalls to the rise of ad blockers, the digital publishing industry in the midst of a turbulent time. From circulation to sales, every aspect of the business has seen dramatic changes over the past few years.

How is this affecting publishers like you? We surveyed hundreds of people to find out, and compiled the results into 6 takeaways you can't afford to miss.

Learn more by downloading the full report here: http://hubs.ly/H01qm8l0

From crumbling paywalls to the rise of ad blockers, the digital publishing industry in the midst of a turbulent time. From circulation to sales, every aspect of the business has seen dramatic changes over the past few years.

How is this affecting publishers like you? We surveyed hundreds of people to find out, and compiled the results into 6 takeaways you can't afford to miss.

Learn more by downloading the full report here: http://hubs.ly/H01qm8l0

Weitere Verwandte Inhalte

Ähnliche Bücher

Kostenlos mit einer 30-tägigen Testversion von Scribd

Alle anzeigen

Ähnliche Hörbücher

Kostenlos mit einer 30-tägigen Testversion von Scribd

Alle anzeigen

6 Stats to Sum Up The State of Digital Publishing

  1. THE STATE OF DIGITAL PUBLISHING 6 STATS TO SUM UP
  2. The media industry today is nearly unrecognizable compared to that just 10 years ago.
  3. Print dollars are shrinking into mere digital dimes.
  4. Ad blockers are rendering mobile visitors less valuable.
  5. And the amount of free content has exploded across the web.
  6. This is what they had to say. To understand how these shifts are re-shaping the publishing industry, we surveyed hundreds of publishers.
  7. •  Email 64% of publishers send email on at least a weekly basis 53% of publishers have increased the amount of email they send over the past 6 months EMAIL IS ON THE RISE
  8. Publishers should remember quality over quantity to avoid list fatigue. BUT, IS MORE BETTER?
  9. •  Email 13%Only of publishers cited paid subscriptions as their greatest source of revenue. SUBSCRIPTIONS AREN’T PAYING OFF
  10. AND NOW MOST PUBLISHERS OFFER LESS PAID CONTENT IN THE FIRST PLACE
  11. Only 20% of publishers have a paid-only subscription model The remainder, 80%, offer some form of unpaid subscription 44% ONLY offer unpaid subscriptions
  12. Then what is making up for the loss? If subscription revenue is on the decline…
  13. •  EmailNEW REVENUE IS FILLING THE GAP of publishers offer website banner ads offer sponsored content or native ads offer email banner ads or newsletter sponsorships offer event sponsorship offer lead generation for advertisers 83% 68% 67% 47% 41%
  14. With so many choices, where are publishers hedging their bets? WHICH WILL BE BEST?
  15. •  Email Over the next two years: SPONSORED CONTENT & NATIVE ADS Of publishers predicted that sponsored content or native advertising would increase most in value.
  16. (Including print ads, display ads, and video or audio advertising.) That’s a greater percentage of responses than any other revenue streams.
  17. •  Email On the other hand, print advertising was predicted to decrease most in value by PRINT ADVERTISING of the publishers we surveyed.
  18. What’s your contingency plan?
  19. •  Email of publishers are planning to adopt marketing automation software of publishers are planning to adopt search engine optimization software TECH IS PLAYING A BIGGER ROLE of publishers are planning to adopt customer relationship management software
  20. WHICH MAKES SENSE GIVEN THAT…
  21. Only 4% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to increase their email database size Just 5% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to increase site traffic A mere 6% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to gain more insight on their site visitors and subscribers
  22. These facts are important to understand, but they’re just the beginning.
  23. We’ve got more stats, analyses, and actionable takeaways to help you get started. READY TO LEARN MORE?
  24. DOWNLOAD THE REPORT Download the full complimentary Digital Publishing Benchmarks Report to get the full picture on the state of the industry.

×