3. In Business ,
new product development
is the complete process of bringing a new
product to market . Product development means making
changes in the size, design, color, shape, characteristics,
packing etc. of the product.
4. It may include
addition of a new product line, addition of a new
product item in a particular product line,
elimination of existing product or product line &
changes in the size, color, design, packing,
and prices of the product & discontinuation of the
unprofitable item or product line.
5. There are at least 3 reasons for which new products should be
1st, new products become necessary for meeting the
changes in consumer needs.
2nd, new products become necessary for making new
3rd, new products become necessary for combating
6. Adequate market demand.
The product should fit into company’s present market
The idea should fit into the company’s present production
The product should fit as per the financial resources
Adequate distribution in depth & breadth.
8. KFC is the world’s No.1 chicken QSR(quick service restaurant)
Leading all over the world, Introduced many offerings for its growing
customer staying rooted in the taste legacy of COLONEL HARLAND
sander’s secret recipes. Products are made on the motto of
“ crispy outside, juicy inside.”
9. “No body’s cooking like KFC today and we are the
“There is no competitor for spicy chicken which is
made by KFC”
KFC specialized in chicken and they say :-
10. One man operation Starts in 1930 by Harland
Sanders the founder of KFC Named as the dining
area “sander Court & cafe” In 1939 “Sanders
Court & café” was rebuilt name as KFC In 1960,
190 KFC franchise and it operates more than
5,200 restaurants in the US and over 15,000
around the world.
11. “To be leading integrated food services group in
ASEAN region delivering consistent quality products
and excellent customer focused”
12. “To sell food in a fast, friendly environment that
appeals to pride conscious, health minded
17. Right now there is no dessert in KFC’s menu. Therefore we plan to introduce Chocolate Brownies for
chocolate lovers. We expect to catch the interest of a regular loyal customer base with its vast selection
of brownies, including not-so-traditional flavors.
We will focus on…
· Providing the highest quality product.
· Competitive pricing.
· New ideas and flavors.
· Local markets, with a special focus on coffee shop and bakery customers.
We will sell chocolate brownies coupled with exceptional customer service in a warm atmosphere.
Customers can dine-in and enjoy a warm or cold beverage to complement their brownie. Toppings will
also be available when customers dine in for children, as well as the young at heart. We will also offer
carry-out so customers can enjoy the treats at their own convenience.
18. We have specifically targeted segments of people with an appreciation for
Targeted people are food lover and dessert lover .
Busy people who want all in one .
Our customers will also appreciate the fun and fast service - whether
celebrating a birthday or stopping in for a break between shopping.
Provide comfort and relaxation.
19. Although we are opening up a new product, there is no doubt that
we are competing with a variety of similar businesses. We need to
compete against the ideas that dessert is something that only
follows a special dinner and needn't be any better than a frozen
cake. We want every day to be a reason to celebrate.
The comfort factor plays an important role in consumer decisions
about sweets. Both the atmosphere and staff of KFC excels at
warm & friendly. At the same time, the menu will reflect familiar
favorites such as chocolate chunk or turtles, while there will be
flavors for the more adventurous as well, such as pistachio
20. Promotion is the method used to inform and educate the chosen target
audience about the organization and its products. Using all the
resources of promotion:
* Sales Promotion
* Public Relations
* Events and Experiences
* Coupons, Discounts and Bundled packages
* An organization finds most of its meanings and survival through
At KFC, Promotion is the main tool to bring all chicken lovers attention
towards its delicious one-of-a-kind product, the Fried Chicken.
21. Product development, is the life-blood of companies , it
drives growth. and provide
New value for customers
Enhance company progress
Continued existence of the company
22. Our topic of presentation was NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
What Is NPD?
Reasons of NPD.
Factors of NPD.
Process of NPD.
Case study of KFC.