2. • Out Lines:
• What is printer?
• Types of Printers
• Impact Printers
• Further Types of Impact Printers
• Non-Impact Printers
• Further Types of Non-Impact Printers
• Explanation of all the types
• MFP (Multifunction Peripheral Device)
3. What is Printer?
• A printer is an output device that
produces text and graphics on a
physical medium such as paper.
• There are two types of
• Impact Printers
• Non Impact Printers
4. Types of Printers
• Impact Printers:
• An impact printer forms characters and
graphics on a piece of paper by striking a
mechanism against an inked ribbon that
physically contacts to the paper.
5. Further types of Impact Printers
• Dot-Matrix Printers
• Daisy-wheel Printers
• Line printers
6. Dot-Matrix Printers
• The dot-matrix printer uses print heads
containing from 9 to 24 pins. These pins
produce patterns of dots on the paper to
form the individual characters.
7. Daisy-wheel Printers
• It uses a metal or plastic disk containing
each of the letters, numbers, and other
characters. When something is printed,
the printer rotates the disk to each
character and then using a hammer strike
each character into an ink ribbon to create
the character on paper.
8. Line Printer
• A high-speed Printer capable of printing
an entire line at one time. A fast line
printer can print as many as 3,000 lines
9. Non-Impact Printer
• A type printer that does not operate by
striking a head against a ribbon.
• These are further types of Non-Impact
• Ink-Jet printer
• Photo printer
• LASER printer
• Thermal printer
• Mobile printer
10. Ink-Jet printer
• A type of printer that works by spraying
ionized ink at a sheet of paper.
• A typical Ink-Jet printer provides a
resolution of 300 dots per inch.
11. Photo printer
• A printer specialized for smaller prints.
• Introduced in the mid 1990s.
• Photo printer used dye sublimation for
high quality printing on Physical media.
13. LASER printer
• A LASER printer is a printer that uses a
focused beam of light to transfer a text
and images onto paper.
• LASER printer uses LASER technology for
printing on paper.
14. Thermal printer
• A printer that uses heat to register an
impression on paper.
• Thermal printer is a digital printing
• It uses coated papers for printer.
15. Mobile printer
• Mobile printing is the process of sending
data to a printer wirelessly from a
smartphone or a tablet.
• Mobile printer is a small printer that uses
small battery and attached to the PDAs,
smartphones and Note book
17. MFP (Multifunction Peripheral
• A multifunction peripheral is a
single device that looks like a copy
machine but provides the functionality of a
printer, scanner, copy machine, and
perhaps a fax machine (Figure).
19. Summary/ Conclusion
• We discussed about printers its types like
impact and non-impact printer and the
• The explanations of the further types.
• The working of the printer.
• We discussed about MFP.