Flat 14 Coley Place, Reading
Berkshire RG1 6AD
Mobile: 07900 965 765
Telephone: 0118 3278902
An Accountant with over 15 years’ experience, working within a team and independently in an effective
manner with minimal supervision, experienced in working under extreme pressure and to tight deadlines
with attention paid closely to details. Experienced in SOX compliance (Inc GAAP & IFRS standards and
guidance), forecasting/budgeting and analytical work within finance. Abreast in project and EMEA
accounting coupled with statutory reporting for UK & US GAAP. Working and liaising extensively with
customers, colleague and various management levels. Skills also include planning, analyzing,
coordinating and prioritizing tasks for effective time management and realization of set objectives.
SAP, Oracle, People Soft, Bishop (JADE), CODA, Sage, Sun, Pegasus, Business Objects, Access and
• In Vodafone I Identified revenue leakages for £1m and help in changing the way contractual
agreements were written.
• In Mizuno I helped reconcile all balance sheet / intercompany accounts for year-end clearing all
outstanding issues and training analyst on how the monthly reports and variances should be
commented on monthly.
• In Mizuno I also set up templates for budgeting and forecasting purposes which is being used in
Europe for reporting purposes.
• I set up processes and procedures for the financial management accounts within the property /
Technology division of Vodafone and help streamline communication and procedures across various
departments and stakeholders of the organisation.
• In Tesla Motors and Paratus AMC I helped set up the accounts department (AR & AP) also carry out
month end reporting duties, clearing all queries in the P&L and Balance sheet.
• In Paratus AMC had to bring the management accounting and the accounts payable task in-house
setting up the procedures, task and documentation and to clear outstanding issues ensuring both
functions run smoothly pre and post going live.
• In BUPA identified loss making products within the travel sector and the impact performance related
pay (PRP) was having on staff and products.
• In Learning and Skills Agency produced the relevant information for South East region within the set
deadline for auditors and was able to split the assets and liabilities between the two new subsidiaries
thus ensuring the smooth transition.
• In Radian Group set up a template for management reporting, budgeting and forecasting which all
subsidiaries accepted and used within a given deadline, also encouraged and assisted departmental
heads in understanding the new reporting method and change existing procedures
• In Honda identified discrepancies between actual and recorded stock and rectified situation before
the year end audit. Also identified and set up month end reconciliation for assets and liabilities to be
done on a regular basis.
• In Overbury put procedures in place for subcontractor taxes and rectified previous errors in tax
calculation with the Inland Revenue.
• Providing suitable presentation for month end reporting, liaising with department heads and various
stake holders to ascertain meaningful commercial and financial information in order to improve the
• Identified potential risks from large complex data volumes, producing opportunities for the business in
relation to both cost and revenue
• Identified variances of cost vs budget and write up commentaries for those and explaining these to
senior stake holders highlighting the risk and identifying were cost can be improved and impact of
uncontrolled cost on budgets.
• Help in the preparation of budgets, liaising with various stakeholders analysing and challenging
various cost stated and also helping to produce the budget on a quarterly and yearly bases coupled
with providing a 3 year and 5 year plan / forecast.
• Responsible for analysing the P&L to ascertain that cost was posted correctly to the correct GL
accounts and cost centres, prepayments where transferred to the balance sheet and accruals /
prepayments released from the balance sheet were necessary.
• Creating of assets and providing depreciation figures monthly
• First point of call relating to financial matters, communicating with various levels of stakeholders
within the company explaining and training on various financial matters enabling them to understand
the impact of cost stated within their department.
• Financial modelling of transfer pricing within internal and external clients to determine revenue,
contribution margins and product mix.
• Working closely and producing reports for other external stakeholders (ie Auditors / contractors/
clients) and internal stakeholders (various departmental staff both senior management and other staff
members as appropriate).
• Improved and streamlined the process flow of financial matters which lead to the efficiency in time
management and ensuring that the accounts were SOX compliant and transparent.
• Producing the accounts and information for the audit pack in relation to the external statutory
reporting and ad hoc reports for other external holders which include the tax authorities.
• Taking control of financial matters and producing accounts for multiple business entities within an
individual country or multiple countries (ie EMEA region, Asia and NORDIC regions)
• Identify revenue leakages based on contractual agreements and billing / invoicing processes.
• Provide intercompany recharges in and out of entities complying with local statutory perspective,
including reviewing transfer price calculations, royalty calculations and admin recharges with proper
Mar 2015 – Dec 2015
Acision / Xura Inc
Duty Summary -: To do the reconciliation project as part of the general ledger team, reconciling over 18
months’ worth of data migration and reporting the findings to the Group FC. Furthermore to manage the
cash office staff and being first point of contact for general ledger queries helping with the year end
accounting and accounting for aquisition of Acision.
• Clean up of legacy data
• Mapping and reconciling of all data
• Identifying potential risk and ensuring accuracy of data
• Balance sheet, payroll and cash reconciliation
• Managing and supervising of to staff in the cash department
• creating and implementing processes for the cash department
Nov 2014 – Feb 2015
Duty Summary -: The contract was temporary to cover the role until a permanent staff member starts in
February. The role involved month end accounting / reporting, taking over from a staff leaving the
company and helping with the year-end accounting. Also to liaise with the other departments
understanding the revenue streams and applying UK GAAP for the financial reporting, furthermore to
transfer the knowledge gained to a new starter employed on a permanent basis.
• Owning all general ledger codes relating to airtime margin, including all postings and balance
• Running the month end accounting process for this area, including producing summary reports
and explaining results to the FC and CFO.
• Working with the Financial Planning Manager to understand trends and variances to forecast.
• Validation of costs and revenues passed across by other parties.
• Preparing VAT calculations for postpay billing.
• Working on programme of continual review and improvement of airtime financial accounting
processes, including collaborating with the MIS Team to ensure that reports used in these
processes are accurate.
• Ensuring that changes to accounting standards are identified and incorporated into airtime margin
• Prepare the audit pack for revenue stream
• Knowledge transfer to permanent staff member.
Sept 2014 – Nov 2014
Revenue Assurance Analyst
Duty Summary -: To audit and evaluate contracts, orders and invoicing ensuring revenue is billed
appropriately. Working closely with Sales and Marketing, operational, legal and finance departments in
implementing and helping to manage changing initiatives that will reduce revenue leakages, measurably
reduce cost and therefore increase margins.
• Act as a Revenue Assurance Subject Matter Expert on business projects and initiatives that could
impact Revenue Assurance
• To develop and operate effective tools and processes for providing usage assurance, with the
aim to minimise revenue leakage.
• To develop and operate effective tools and processes for providing platform assurance, with the
aim to minimise revenue leakage and to mitigate any issues impacting the customer experience.
• To develop plans and execute initiatives with the objective to improve margin, through cost
reductions and revenue improvements, including leakage reductions.
• To develop and operate processes to provide insights for billed revenue, generating insights for
key business stakeholders, and also to drive actions to improve margin.
• Lead and where necessary carry out analysis that supports business improvement approaches
and delivers customer satisfaction, cost reduction and revenue growth.
• To raise the awareness and profile of Revenue Assurance within the business by highlighting and
mitigating risk around revenue and margin leakages, either directly or by supporting senior
Jan 2014 – Aug 2014
Mizuno Corporation (UK)
Duty Summary -: Support the assistant manager, ensuring the integrity of the accounts is maintained by
overseeing balance sheet reconciliations. Assist in the production of management accounts in line with
International Accounting Standards and company timescales. Support the accounts team to ensure all
reporting deadlines are met during the JD Edwards project implementation. FY13 Budget reformatting
into excel 2013.
• Review / Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Reconcile monthly Intercompany accounting
• Assist with audit preparation such as payroll reconciliation and review of accruals processing.
• Support and testing of all areas within the Finance department during JD Edwards project
• Complete month end management reporting
• Reformat FY13 Budget model from Excel 2003 to Excel 2013, and updating the management /
• Carry out ad-hoc accounting duties as required by the Finance Manager e.g. Analysis, Reporting,
Oct 2013 – Dec 2013
Duty Summary -: To provide cover for the group accountant who was recruiting positions in the finance
department due to restructuring.
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and signed off on a monthly basis
• Carry out month end and year-end activities, including depreciation, prepayments, provisions and
• Assist with inputting financial accounts information into year end tax computations
• Reporting and variance analysis of key Property related fixed costs
• Support the Financial Accountant with Central Overheads reporting and analysis
• Assist with fixed asset register maintenance and postings
May 2012 – Apr 2013
Vodafone UK Limited
Duty Summary -: The purpose of the role was to set up procedures and processes for the property /
Technology department within Vodafone and to provide a suitable presentation for month end reporting,
liaising with department heads and various stake holders to ascertain meaningful commercial and
financial information in order to improve the business performance. Another aspect of the role was
implementing processes and procedures to be used within the technology department for month end
management accounts and to train off- shore staff in the preparation of month end reporting for the
Property and Technology Department.
• Coordinating and producing financial reports for the Property / Technology Department,
identifying potential risk and opportunities for the business in relation to both cost and revenue.
• Produce monthly financial reporting and variance analysis for OPEX including insight
commentary to stakeholders within the Property and Technology department..
• First point of finance contact, providing support form both a commercial and financial perspective,
taking ownership and accountability for assigned areas of responsibility and working with various
stakeholders to deliver improvements across the group.
• Liaising and advising various business stakeholders within the technology department on cost,
forecast and cross charges.
• Preparation of monthly and yearly forecasting, tracking business performance against budgets,
forecast and five year plan commitments.
• Responsibility for the design and integrity of designated balance sheets including the
implementation and preparation of monthly reconciliations within the Property and Technology
• Train Off-shore staff on business ethic and the financial monthly reporting for Property and
June 2011 – Jan 2012
Tesla Motors Limited
Duty Summary -: This purpose of this role was to help reconcile the balance sheet accounts across
Europe, making the necessary adjustments and determining the taxes owed by the company. Also
supporting the financial controller and accountants in the month end duties and liaise with the
departmental heads to ascertain there departmental cost through analysing the P&L. Furthermore to put
into place procedures and train AR staff in expenses and receivable functions and monitor their progress.
Lastly to prepare the various EU Entities for the financial year end setting up the appropriate files.
• Month end duties including accruals, prepayment, fixed assets and revenue analysis, P&L
analysis per cost / department in 4 European countries.
• Intercompany reconciliation for Opex cost and stock across Europe and the US.
• Train and supervise the account receivable staff.
• Identify / rectify previous accounting errors and putting procedures in place to avoid future errors
• Preparation of payroll, liaising with external consultants and ensuring the necessary journal
entries, payment and bank submissions are carried out.
• Reconciling the BS accounts and year end preparation for external auditors.
Feb 2011 – May 2011 Financial Mortgage Accountant Paratus AMC Limited
Jun 2010 – Sept 2010 Financial Analyst BUPA Health & Wellbeing
Feb 2010 – Apr 2010 Year End Accountant Learning & Skills Council
Jul 2009 – Dec 2009 Management Accountant Radian Group Limited
Dec 2008 – May 2009 Management Accountant Honda UK Limited
Jan 2008 – Oct 2008 Management Accountant Overbury PLC
Jun 2007 – Dec 2007 Management Accountant Direct Wines Limited
Mar 2007 – Jun 2007 Assistant Accountant Capstone Mortgage Service
Oct 2004 – Jan 2007 Accountant Covance PLC
Aug 2004 – Sept 2004 Assistant Accountant Veritas Software Limited
May 2004 – Jul 2004 Treasury Manager Southern Pacific Mortgages
Oct 2003 – Mar 2004 Accountant Megtech Systems Limited
Aug 2003 – Sept 2003 Data Analyst Scottish Re-Holdings Limited
Jul 2003 – Aug 2003 Fixed Asset Accountant GMAC Residential Funding Ltd
Apr 2003 – Jul 2003 Reconciliation Accountant Albermarie & Bond Plc
Jan 2003 – Feb 2003 Accountant BEA Systems Europe Limited
Oct 2002 – Dec 2002 Accountant Static Control Components Ltd
Sept 2002 Assistant Accountant Xerox Engineering Systems
Aug 2001 – Aug 2002 Accountant Trend Micro UK Limited
May 2000 – Jun 2001 Accountant Tate & Lyle Europe Limited
Dec 1999 – Apr 2000 Accountant Chartered Ins of Water & Env
Sept 1999 – Nov 1999 Accountant Two Way TV Limited
Mar 1999 – Apr 1999 Year End Accountant Business Link
Nov 1998 – Jan 1999 Bookkeeper Gale & Wentworth Limited
May 1998 – Oct 1998 Accountant Countdown Plc
Aug 1997 – Apr 1998 Assistant Accountant P&O Nedlloyd Limited
Federal Government College (Nigeria) 1982 – 1987 6 ‘O’ level passes
Thames Valley University 1994 – 1997 BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance