2. Getting it on with the
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door
- milton berle
3. Temitayo Fadojutimi (Adesege)
- Senior Software Developer with 7 years experience
- First language was PHP
- Product designer and DevOps Engineer
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence enthusiast
- Entrepreneur and tech founder
- Loves cooking
- Currently works at Andela; Andela’s mission is to
advance human potentials
Generally, a critical thinker and world-class solutions
5. Web development
generally refers to the
process of developing
websites for use on the
internet or intranet.
- Web design
- Content development
- Database technology
6. Web design !==
- Web design refers to
both the aesthetic
portion of a website
and it’s usability.
- Web development is
the coding or
enables a website
9. - HTML is the building block of all websites.
- HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language
- HTML defines and structures the content of a website by
using a simple markup syntax.
- HTML uses tags like <div />, <p />, <span />. Tags can be
open and close or self-closing.
- Open and close tags are written <div>Hello world</div>
- Self closing don’t have an explicitly close tags e.g. <input
/>, <img />, <meta /> etc
10. - CSS is a simple way for adding styling to your websites
(e.g. adding fonts, colors, layout etc).
- CSS stands for Cascading Stylesheet
- CSS can be embedded in a HTML document as inline or
- To apply styling to an element, you first select the
element. E.g to give all paragraph in a page a red color
- You can select an element by their tagname, class, id or
any other attribute specified on the element
dynamic features to your website.
- Frameworks for use on the client side include React,
Angular, Vuejs etc
- Framworks for use on the server side include Express,
Hapi, Koajs, etc
basically ECMAScript at its core but builds upon it.
- Some ECMAScript versions include ES2015, ES2017.
- It enables features like type checking, module import
- If you must learn Angular, it’s important you learn
- TypeScript works very well with Visual Studio Code
13. - Git is a type of version control system
- Version control software keeps track of every
modification to the code in a special kind of database.
- If a mistake is made, developers can turn back the clock
and compare earlier versions of the code to help fix the
mistake while minimizing disruption to all team
- It allows for collaboration between team members
- Github is a web-based hosting version service for
version control using Git.
- You can find most of the popular open source projects