1. Eric M. VanAuken
466 Huffer Road
Hilton, New York 14468
• Quality Systems management and harmonization
• Mentor and personal coach
• Proven and focused business manager for businesses over $100,000,000.
• Practicing Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt with projects over $5,000,000 in returns.
• Project Commissioning Manager on greater than $50,000,000 multinational project.
• Senior Research Process Engineer for new growth initiative projects of greater than $100,000,000 markets.
• Develop process, product, procedural audit methodologies for baselining multinational processes and facilities.
• Technical trainer of multinational Engineering staff in key strategic areas.
• Demonstrated leadership of multinational technical and business teams.
• Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills.
• Sound team building skills and people driven.
• Proven experience working with Governmental agencies and regulations.
• Highly energetic outgoing personality with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proven experience in providing technical and business roadmaps, market attack plans, and visioning.
• Critical thinking around process/product modeling and interaction analysis.
Carestream Health, Rochester, New York
People Development and Training Director. 2/2012 – Present
• Harmonization of Quality management systems
• Personally trained over 1200 people yearly from classroom to webinar settings in over 200 classes.
• Developed cultural change and engagement strategy for service organization of over 1200 individuals.
• Designed, Developed and implemented a corporate wide Knowledge management system used for both internal and external
• Develop the Career path strategy and tool for Carestreams service organization.
• Define the skills tied to the different service roles and link them back to training courses and opportunities.
• Build out the training portfolio for the service organization.
• Roll out the regional and WW courses to take care of urgent issues and current needs for the filed and regional staff.
• Develop certification programs across and within multiple business units and product families for our field service team and our
• Develop training strategy to enable our service organization to grow revenue and reduce costs while providing the end customers
world class service and support.
• Work with internal and external training suppliers to focus the training based on the voice of the customers while reducing costs
and improving the turnaround time to deliver the training programs.
Senior Business Manager - Service. 4/2008 – 2/2012
• Own P&L/business for greater than $100 million service business across the world.
• Lead world wide service structure for analog and digital equipment.
• Increase revenue opportunities by over $12 million year over year through intelligent product & portfolio lifecycle management.
• Develop service offerings, service plans and portfolio roadmaps on new products and over 250 existing products.
• Develop marketing strategy and gain VOC from customers and distributors world wide.
• Developed new relationships with distributors to grow market share in a declining business.
• Grow margin for overall product line while managing the decline in the overall business.
• Developed strategy and structure to capture digital equipment revenue in a traditionally analog business.
2. Eric M. VanAuken (585) 392-8137 EVANAUKEN@rochester.rr.com
Global Strategy Manager – Service Parts. 1/2007 – 9/2008
• Reduced service parts and manufacturing inventory yearly while reducing average days of supply and increasing next day
part delivery to 95%.
• Business lead for world wide distribution and logistics redesign for service parts that streamlined the warehousing and
transportation systems. This resulted in a decrease of $1,000,000 a year spend rate.
• Redesigned the planning and warehousing structure away from a central hub in the US to regional hubs that plan and
warehouse for the vendors in the active regions and provide support to the other world wide sites.
• Business lead on project to redesign and install new SAP based Customer relationship manager system. Developed
requirements and business flows to define the interaction between the field, financials and service parts planning groups.
• Developed strategy and implemented plans for streamlining commercialization and product development and engineering
• Developed strategy to Globalize Logistics and Planning for Computer/Digital Radiography and Health Care Information
• Developed Product and Production roadmaps for Electronic and Mechanical components in manufacturing.
• Developed streamlined manufacturing processes for electronic components while reducing UMC.
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, New York
Product Lifecycle - Quality Manager - Lead Process Engineer for New Initiatives. 1/2004 – 1/2007
• Lead product development efforts and teams from research phase through product introduction and obsolescence phases.
• Development of process, product, and manufacturing roadmaps as well as market attack plans for emerging business
opportunities of greater than $100,000,000.
• Lead and manage S&OP meetings. Provide business and process visioning to various technical and business related teams.
• Work with internal, external customers and business partners to determine the appropriate process needs, business plan
assessments and supply chain structures.
• Worked with EPA and EU regulatory agencies to move product through the required systems.
• Develop quality systems and metrics for internal and external systems and customers.
• Determine the quality measures, metrics, and process capabilities of internal and external stakeholders.
• Establish the value stream and cost models for new business ventures/products.
• Develop process and product designs and specs based on customer needs and business requirements.
• Build and run designed experiments to determine optimal process and product responses.
Worldwide Equipment and Process Equivalence Manager 2/2001 – 1/2007
• Developed electrical and mechanical component specs for components used in highly regulated processes.
• Lead multinational teams of Engineers, technicians, and manufacturing supervision around current and future product and
• Provide costs estimates, commissioning plans, project management support and re-deployment plans for existing assets to
be used in a new facility in China (> $50 million project). Work with the representatives from the Chinese government to
ensure adherence to the import codes around the re-use of over $10,000,000 in existing assets. Provide development and
training plan for process and product training for new emulsion engineers from China.
• Designer and keeper of the worldwide manufacturing audit methodology and provide audit support to all worldwide
manufacturing sites which has thus far saved the company over $20,000,000 in waste. Responsible for development of
corrective action guidelines and procedures of standard performance formulas and specifications using periodic worldwide
reviews through multiple worldwide excellence teams.
• Work with all worldwide sites to evaluate their quality measures and help them to improve their performance against a set
of quality metrics and criteria developed for their site based on world wide specs, requirements and regional needs.
• Mentor blackbelt candidates in quality methods and baselining methodologies.
• Work with worldwide sites in cross site, cross flow kaizens and define worldwide projects that require blackbelt support.
• Maintain and interpret emulsion process baselines in partnership with the engineering and design groups and standard
• Work with the Capital community and upper management to identify, prioritize and procure worldwide capital funding to
close gaps deemed to be critical by the product specific process clubs. Working with the various lines of business to develop
optimal solutions for cross site issues.
3. Eric M. VanAuken (585) 392-8137 EVANAUKEN@rochester.rr.com
Technical Advisor - World Wide Process Control Engineer. 3/2000 to 2/2001
• Supervised, mentored, and provided technical leadership to a group of 20 engineers and technicians.
• Provided technical support for proprietary optical sensors and scanners.
• Established process verification and data analysis of varied processes in the emulsion and solution prep areas.
• Interfaced with all of the worldwide sites around technical strategic directions as well as addressed pressing technical
• Increased productivity/first pass yield and reduced process variability while aiding in the understanding and explanation of
process/product interactions for all worldwide emulsion manufacturing sites.
Research and Development Process Control/Coating Engineer. 5/1997 to 6/2000
• Aided in the design, development and implementation of the next generation of consumer and professional film products.
Designed and originated experiments for multi-layer and multi-pass color negative films.
• Developed tests and procedures that improve the coating quality of pilot coating machines. Brought products from pilot
facilities to full scale production facilities.
• Applied analytical trouble shooting that resulted in reductions in sesitometric and physical variability within the product
• Cultivated process measurement tools and software that is used in process verification and defect reduction.
Process Engineer. 5/1988 to 5/1997
• Provided Electrical Engineering support on projects for new products and processes.
• Performed troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical components down to the board level.
• Provided Project Management of projects greater than $500,000.
• Created and oversaw greater than $100,000 contracts with outside software/hardware engineering firms.
• Produced designs and development of control schemes for systems used in the manufacturer of chemicals, emulsions and
dispersions. Provided day to day engineering support for chemical manufacturing facility.
• Design and develop operator interfaces for use with a variety of PLC's. Wrote PLC code used in the manufacturer of
chemicals, emulsions, and dispersions
• Developed and implemented of statistical process control systems used by shop floor personnel.
• Shaped the modeling of process systems to better define areas of opportunity.
• Fashioned the capital strategy for chemical manufacturing area.
• Performed Regression analysis of data for chemical and dispersion manufacturing systems.
Bachelors of Science, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1997
Major: Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
GPA In Major: 3.92 GPA Overall: 3.74
Associates in Applied Science, Monroe Community College, 1986
Majors: Industrial Instrumentation Technology
OUTSIDE EXPERIENCE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Owner and Manager of Organic Blueberry and fruit business 1999 to Present
• Contributing author to National Pond buildersFish management forum 2002 to Present
• Web Page Developer for various Non Profit organizations 2001 to 2005
• Volunteer in Hilton Schools 2000 to Present
• Participant in United Way Day of Caring 1995 to Present
AWARDS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2001 Eastman Kodak Company,
Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
1997 Rochester Institute of Technology,
Graduated with High Honors.
1996 Tau Beta Pi, New York Pi Chapter,
National Honor Society for Engineers Vice President, Rochester Institute of Technology Chapter .
1992 Eastman Kodak Company,
Nominated to Kodak Sponsored College work release time program.