4. Define and Publish a Social Media Policy
• Acknowledge that the company realizes social media is becoming a critical
part of the way people communicate.
• Provide parameters for employees to engage in social media on behalf of
the business and define the implications around their participation.
• Allow for flexibility and creativity within a framework to give employees
critical guidance to leverage social media on behalf of the company.
• Ensure that employees understand both the policy and the strategy and
have resources available if and when they have questions
Burson-Marsteller Evidence-Based Communications 40