Arnie Esquivel, PMP
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004
Director IT Program Management
Information Technology leader focused on end to end delivery of enterprise wide program and
projects. Experience leading business analysts, project managers and PMO partners in delivery of key
programs in a fast paced, agile environment. Leverages problem solving and business acumen to
mitigate risks and resolve issues. Uses proven communications and interpersonal skills to build and
sustain positive relationships. Leads and develops Project Managers and effectively partners with
project resources and vendors to ensure excellence in delivery of key programs. Fluent in Spanish.
Leadership | Project & Program Management | Coaching & Development | Resource Management |
Risk Management | Change Management | Budget Management | Executive Communications |
Interpersonal Relationships | Business Process Improvement | Vendor Management
AT&T, Schaumburg, IL
Director – Process Automation 2015 – 2017
Transformed Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) tools, enhancing systems, processes and
controls to ensure effective development, maintenance and support within Technology Development.
Reengineered process for streamlined, simplified work intake. Project managed delivery of project
• Orchestrated retirement of an outdated tool; created and executed change management
strategy, managed project schedule and risks and facilitated migration of 1,600 users and one
million records by a hard date within 8 months (on an estimated 11-month project) avoiding
$4.7M in annual license fees.
• Transformed a directive that stalled for 9-months and innovated new metrics for tracking
workforce skills pivot and management of the training program within 90 days.
• Produced cost savings or avoidance worth $10M in one year through Process and Project
Data Repository enhancements.
AT&T, Hoffman Estates, IL
Director – Program Management Office Tooling, Reporting and Resourcing 2007 – 2015
Led Project Managers in the development of automated solutions supporting the project management
community for the Corporate Program Office. Promoted use of tool and project management best
practices by managing resources responsible for educating and supporting project owners. Directed
training and client support resources and programs. Managed an IT project portfolio and associated
budget. Consulted to client organizations to understand business problems, analyze data, and develop
ARNIE ESQUIVEL email@example.com Page 2
• Developed a hiring freeze strategy that automated and reduced report request demand
reducing staffing needs by 67%. Coached and developed resources enabling their promotion
and reassignment to higher value project work.
• Project managed the design, development and implementation of an enterprise Project and
Portfolio Management platform, including buy decision, vendor selection and requirements.
Completed data and user migrations saving 400% development time over an in-house solution.
• Designed new metrics for tracking engagement intervals that improved management of factory
resource partners and reduced intervals 30%.
AT&T, Hoffman Estates, IL
Director – Business Mechanization, Sales Operations 2006 –2007
Directed mechanization initiatives for lifecycle maintenance following the merger of SBC and AT&T
Sales Operations. Led system lifecycle management for Pricing and Contract applications and
directed the Sales Operations Support Team. Provided technical expertise and managed system
upgrades and data integrity for primary Sales Force Automation Tools.
• Managed conflict in collaboration with solution partners to handle and distribute an 8-month
backlog of unresolved defects to other resources, eliminated single-point of failure and
increased customer satisfaction.
• Implemented successful improvement strategy and process, increasing quality and
accountability, for quality assurance eliminating high defect volumes.
• Partnered with pricing groups and stakeholders to develop a strategy and execute a transition
plan for a new generation of pricing tools, achieving $1.6M annual savings through
consolidated Customer Pricing Tools.
SBC, Chicago, IL
Director – Business Mechanization, Enterprise Business Services 2005 – 2006
Guided the business through corporate transition from SBC to AT&T and retired SBC Project
Management and Customer Relationship Management systems.
• Achieved $4.4M savings through leadership of cross-functional resources which migrated SBC
systems and clients to AT&T platforms, avoiding in-house development costs.
• Saved $2M in annual costs by tightening governance, implementing change management,
enhancements and lifecycle maintenance management.
• Collaborated with IT on behalf of users to resolve system access issues and update knowledge
Other Professional Highlights
Progressed through technology management roles at Ameritech and SBC (Southwestern Bell):
• Promoted to direct all automation initiatives including account management, funnel reporting,
pricing and contracting applications for Large Business Sales and Support staff.
• Drove IT mechanization vision on a $645M Systems and Organization re-engineering project.
• Successfully partnered with Sales Clients, IT, Systems Integrator and training to manage $30M
Siebel based Customer Relationship Platform installation.
• Served as Chief Information Officer for the General Business Services business unit, reporting
to the business unit’s Chief Financial Officer.
• Managed and developed teams ranging from 30 to 100 Project Managers, Requirements
Analysts, IT professionals and Business Support resources.
ARNIE ESQUIVEL firstname.lastname@example.org Page 3
• Inherited a troubled IT organization, experiencing low morale and high turnover. Recruited new
managers and implemented new leadership approach resulting in turnover reduction from 50%
to less than 10% within the first year.
MBA – Finance and Marketing, Northwestern University - Kellogg Graduate School of Management,
Bachelor of Science – Marketing, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Six Sigma Green Belt
Agile Program/Project Management & Development
AT&T University Technical Learning Series: Cloud, DevOps, IoT, Security & Machine Learning
Scaled Agile (SAFe) Certified
Project Management Institute (PMI) - Chicagoland Chapter Member and Volunteer
Experienced in multiple PPM tools including MS Project, HP-PPM, Clarity